"company wide publishing blackout"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Prismata, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Prismata New Member

I saw this phrase posted in the News forum for server downtime. What does this mean?
    Xevran likes this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It means that no patches will be published in that time frame.
    Prismata and Breanna like this.
  3. Leed Active Member

Just curious but is that a 'our patch team is on vacation' kind of thing, a 'we have to focus on expansions' kind of thing, or a (this last one would probably get an answer along the lines of 'we can't really go into it any more than we already have') a purchase/merger announcement coming?
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1 expansion announcement should be on October 21 (after the blackout). You should know if there are any implications by then (check EQ1 site).
    Prismata likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's none of the things you listed.
    Jaden, Prismata and Breanna like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I think players are curious as to what a publishing blackout is, and why this is happening, and what can be expected from it.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Everything I've said so far is the approved language. Unfortunately I can't clarify further, basically patches won't be happening that week for internal reasons.
  8. Feebil Mynded New Member

The cryptic empty message followed by "approved language" doesn't have a positive spin. Hope things are going well in Norrath!
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Things are going fine, as I said in the original announcement it's only for that week and then we will shift back to the regular schedule.
    Jaden likes this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

My main concern is that Blizzard (WoW) is making a full-throttled attempt to poach members of the EQ1 and EQ2 team. The blackout is somehow related to shoring up or restructuring.
  11. Elskidorr Active Member

They went after Holly for Classic WoW after the success of EQ/2 progression servers. Wasn't aware of anyone else.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker also went to WoW a few months ago.

EQ1 cannot afford to lose anymore devs. If there are efforts on EQ1, then I'm sure there's some outreach to the EQ2 team.
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It is not.
    Breanna and Benito like this.
  14. Elskidorr Active Member

Prathun was around forever. I kinda fear how future expansions are going to turn out. Eeek! It could have also been Holly who poached which would be pretty dirty too.

Spooky Halloween conspiracies in Norrath, oh my!
  15. Jamzez Active Member

sold to gamigo...
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Who leaked that I am buying Darkpaw? I need new sneakers!
    Marae, Lateana, Feldon and 5 others like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This is also incorrect, the blackout is the last week of the month which is why the patch had to be moved, and includes an assumption (an announcement on October 21).
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Leed Active Member

We're a jumpy, fidgety group, who's not big on change (just look what happens when you replace an old zone with a new one with no way to still go into the old version), and who's never seen mention of a blackout before.
    Dude likes this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

I notice that you've corrected all the "assumptions" except the one where Ttobey bought the company. Purchase confirmed! :p
    AOE1, Lateana, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  20. Leed Active Member

Sold to Facebook - everybody has to use their real name in game, and log in using their Facebook account. Also, Facebook will track everything you do in game, sell all that to whoever will pay for it, and then add targeted ad billboards into all overland zones.
    Lateana and Feldon like this.