Conj AA & General Questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Nazy, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Nazy Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I have some questions about Conjy.
    If anyone has a solo/group AA spec, especially for pre-90, I'd love to see it.

1) Hydromancer.
    Is it worth the point?
    Does it actually heal? I tried it once and it did not seem to heal anyone.

2) Pets.
    What pet should I have out for grouping and for soloing?
    Are swarm pets still good?
    What pet should I keep in my "Storage"?

3) The Fire Within. (Buff) When do I get it?

4) What tradeskill would be the most beneficial besides a Sage for a solo/occasional grouper?

5) AA build?

Thanks in advance!
  2. CommonersCoffeeAndPasta New Member

First of all, I'm a returning player who hasn't played a conjuror since 85 was the max level I believe. This is all theoretical. And if anyone wants to correct me or state their opinion, please do! The more feedback the better always.

1) Yes, it seems so. I have not personally tried it, but it seems perfect for a character in a large group... Not so much for soloing. The healing is an AoE. You need to make sure your pet is in the middle of the combat. Unfortunately, doing this without it dying, the poor fragile thing, is difficult. If it isn't healing, something's wrong.

2) Earth for soloing with defensive buffs has always been my choice, and water or air both can do well in a group, both for extra protection or for more damage depending. Are there new pets now? It seems there might be at higher levels. Unfortunately, I don't know much about those.

3) I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one. There's a rune (which if I remember correctly isn't very good), and after some research I found a collection and book, but that's it I'm afraid.

4) Outfitter would be useful, as well as provisioner, although you can buy your provisions if you have the money.

5) First of all, Winds of Velious II and III was a lifesaver for my friend soloing.

Second of all, check out https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/2594179014267# as a solo build.

Third of all, scrap like half of it. Jeez, it was hard to find a half-decent example of a conjuror. Someone else might have better luck. Scrap some of the tradeskills page and try adding some more points into Summoner and Heroic. Also, don't bother to save too many points like they are doing. You're going to be restricted in what Prestige things you can do anyway. The basic outline is good, but there are some points that can be improved. Someone else might have a raiding one, but this one is clearly made for soloing and isn't optimized.

Sorry for the lack of good AA build. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to work on finding a good conjuror build. My two suggestions are to put those points into Summoner and make sure you aren't so fragile that you can't take a couple hits from a normal monster your level.
    Nazy likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

it seems that 105lv (fiery magician viii)
    Nazy likes this.
  4. Nazy Well-Known Member

There is an AA on the Summoner page that buffs The Fire Within and Beyond the Grave.

"Improves Max Health or Max Power and Potency of Beyond the Grave and The Fire Within by 10%."

Will this also buff the Fiery Magician?
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

it's a maintained buff that's your pet automatically casts upon summon.
    you can target your pet (fiery magician in your case) and examine its buffs. you and your pet both should have Fire Within as buffs
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

Even if you're below 105?
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

can not verify first hand, sorry. i can tell you that lower level pets have the buff when i cast them as a lvl120 toon, so i would assume works if you are below 105 also, but that's just an assumption
    Nazy likes this.
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

if you could get eighth version of your pet sooner. this is buff from your pet, not your toon. if wiki* info about conjuror's pets is correct and if info specified in description of buff when it's active is correct. again, according to wiki. i don't play with this class, to confirm info i know about him (and if i played, too, i couldn't confirm without having level above 100). i think you will get it automatically with new version of pet as soon as your toon is 105. this requires PoP expansions anyway. although i wouldn't rule out presence of any other requirements needed to get this buff- it still not useless in 12th tier..
    *: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_from_Within https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Conjuror_Spells https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Conjuror_Pet_Appearances#Fire.2FMage_Pet
    Nazy likes this.