Beginner conj need pet help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Patchwerkz, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Patchwerkz New Member

My sister taken up the mantle of a conjurer and she wanted to ask about what pets she gets later on, I've never really played it and i am slightly curious about what pets you get at later levels, also i seen the earthen elemental pet at level 16, pretty bad ***!

another question is: What weapon is proper for a conj at level 10-17?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Conjurors get a tank (earth) pet, a scout (air) pet, and a mage (fire) pet. In your lowest levels, you probably want to use the tank, but when you are geared well enough that you can withstand one or two hits, go for the scout pet.

Now, it's also important that you UPGRADE the pet you are using the most, as high as you can reasonably get it. For lower levels, I'd say get Experts made for you by a sage. The Apprentice-level spells you get automatically are like pea shooters.

Along the way you also get "swarm pets", a water one that looks like sharks, a fire one, and one that looks like a bunch of elementals. Those will do big damage, so upgrade those spells also.
    Pixistik likes this.
  3. Nazy Well-Known Member

Set your autoattack to Forced Ranged (under character window in the Options tab) and equip a wand.
    Pixistik likes this.
  4. Patchwerkz New Member

i'm sure to tell her to upgrade her spells accordingly and thank you for the advice
    Sigrdrifa and Pixistik like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Remember, however, that the instant you can get a crossbow as any type of mage, you should get a crossbow, and never use wands after that. All your DPS bonuses depend on that crossbow's melee autoattack, while wands don't use any of the stats because they're focus weapons. Also, you can put better adorns on a crossbow since it's 2H.
    Nazy and Breanna like this.
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

Ok, now I have a question. How do you get crossbows?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Same way you get any other loot, pretty much.

The lowest-level crossbow I know of is Whispertrigger, Crossbow of Unremitted Questing (40), the reward from the Achievement "Quest for Glory", for completing 7,000 quests.

After that, unless you are on TLE, where they have Hunter's Crossbows, they start at level 110.
    Nazy likes this.
  8. Goezer Master of Crayons

Lower levels the Tank pet (Earth) will carry you quite a ways, our best dps pet as a conji is our Air pet (Scout) Wep choices you def want to be ranged. Crossbow will help, wand if you can't get one. Our mage pet is best for linked encounters, but in the end scout will pretty much be your go to. If you need any help feel free to hit me up Goezer on Maj, or Goezer#2417 on Discord. I'll be happy to assist.
  9. Nekre Active Member

Goezer actually smells, idk if you wanna do that.
  10. Goezer Master of Crayons

Not always true. I shower once a week. Now being terrible at conji is another story
    Scrappyz likes this.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

As terrible a conjy as I am a necro ;)
    Nazy likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I actually have seen Goezer play and he's a beast for DPS. If you want good advice on all that is Conjuror, he's a good person to ask.
    Scrappyz likes this.