Test Update Notes: Friday September 18, 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Bunji, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Bunji Developer

REFORGING
    • This feature is now free to everyone!

ABILITIES
    Illusionist
    • Renamed the Prismatic Chaos effect cast by Doppleganger V from Sympathetic Link to Sympathetic Link: Prismatic Chaos and the triggered damage event to Sympathetic Link: Prismatic Shock.

ACHIEVEMENTS
    • Corrected a bug that prevented the achievement Perfect Raid: The Fabled Flames of War from being obtained.

ITEMS
    • Reduced the Firebrand Pearl cost for Reignite the Flames celestial's sold by Maesy Colmiter to compensate for General Teku being unreasonably stingy with his stash of Pearls.
    • Added the Stratigos Longbow to Maesy Colmiter as a Firebrand Pearl purchase option.
    • Corrected a bug that caused Rune: Reignited Insight to apply the Ragebourn Insight effect instead of the Reignited Insight effect.
    • Moved the crafting and harvesting skill bonuses from the Earring of the Solstice off of the item and added to the triggered spell effect.

Updated the following items to be in progression:
    • Amulet of Agony
    • Band of Runed Flesh
    • Circle of Necrosis
    • Ill Will
    • Melodic Stone
    • Mortal Coil
    • Symphonic Manacle
    • Mark of Scaled Destruction
    • Mark of Scaled Devotion
    • Mark of Scaled Rage
    • Large Brick of Unrefined Ore
    • Diamond Rod
    • Death Chimes
    • Hand of Death
    • Shard of Hate

LIVE EVENTS
    • Wake the Dead - Defeating Thieving Hardy will now count towards the Undead Slayer achievement.
    • Wake the Dead - Defeating a woken spirit now has a significantly higher chance of dropping marshmallows.
    • Orange Candles Ringed by Russet Leaves - When crafting this item the chat channel and on-screen message now shows the full name of the item.
    • White Candles Ringed by Russet Leaves - When crafting this item the chat channel and on-screen message now shows the full name of the item.
    • Burning Shadow Spark - Flavor pet spell name has been changed from Shadowed Spark and its appearance has been altered.
    • A few of the oldest house items sold by the Nights of the Dead merchants are now marked as No Value, but can still be properly bought.
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

But why?
    Lateana, Tkia, Beee and 3 others like this.
  3. The Martian Active Member

Also there was no warning when the server was being brought down.... Would have been nice instead of just turning it off.

Thanks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We rarely get much warning on Test, but I'd've liked to have seen the maintenance not last longer than at least, oh, what, 12 HOURS?! >:-/

Uwk
    who'll now double-check that, so I don't sound too stupid about that... ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Why indeed? So now in order to retain the prime functionality for which this item was designed we have to monitor and maintain a buff with an expiry timer? I think I'm right in saying that in all the years I've been using this item, on all 30 characters that I have, that I have never once cast that buff. It used to be easy. Put the earring on and forget about it. No longer. And as part of the spell effect the bonus will be lost completely if you somehow end up in combat while harvesting.

Could somebody from the dev team please explain why they think this 'fix' is acceptable and why you can't simply correct the numbers and stop the silly scripts from interfering with them again in the future? It's a crafting item. It provides very specific bonuses for crafting that do not need to be changed, ever. I don't understand why the itemisation scripts were allowed to get anywhere near it in the first place. Since crafting doesn't suffer from stat bloat (yet) there is simply no requirement to keep adjusting these items.
    Juraiya, Lateana, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could it be an attempt to sabotage crafting? There's at least one dev that I've heard of that always thought crafting was always a mistake to implement in the first place. :-/

Uwk
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

You're not the first person to suggest that Uwk, and with all the recent shenanigans that have been going on with crafting I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to believe it. :(
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I cast the earring buff every time I wear the darn thing. That's not a big deal. It just seems that the other stuff should be innate and not be in the clickie buff. As long as that buff is 24 hours, or better yet, "until cancelled", that's not horrible, but why fix what ain't broken?
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Really? I've never been desperate enough for +1% success etc to bother casting it - not even for prayer shawl combines. And 24 hours is a royal pita as it's presumably ingame time which could be anything from 24 hours to several years depending on how often the character is used. So, that means every login either having to check the buff list to see if it's there (and my main harvester is a warden - finding a single specific buff in her list is a MAJOR achievement!) or getting into the habit of casting it regardless. And after 10 years of not having to worry about it that is soooo unlikely to happen.

Making it 'until cancelled' - and also persistent through death - would mitigate some of it but still leaves the problem of losing it completely if you end up flagged 'in combat' for any reason. And neither of the regens have been put back. So all in all this seems to me more broken than before rather than fixed.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Things like Hadden's Earring are 24 Earth hours. Other earrings. like the Goblin ear, are 5 or 8 hours.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I still cast it for speed in zones were mount speed is disabled. That's when I realize the buff dropped. Otherwise, I always equip it for TS buffs (it's in my TS equip macro). As most zones allow mount buff while dismounted, I don't check the buff anymore, having the TS bonus tied to casting the buff will be highly annoying for me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Lateana and Tkia like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Well this one is 24 in game hours since 25 hours after casting it that char still has 22.5 hours left on it.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Main harvester is a warden for a reason :D
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ever since this went up, I've noticed that the chat channels to Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow don't work from Test; has anyone noticed that ability coming back? Or are we able to use chat to get out to any other channels AT ALL, like when the EU servers were down like that for MONTHS (on numerous occasions; I'm amazed we have any European paying customers left)? Granted, I haven't checked those, but I will now.

Logged in to Test via the Character Select window, rather than a specific toon, for the first time since this update went through, and rather than having nice text for our locations for each toon, it's now more like:

[This Toon]
    Level [whatever adventurer] [Race whatever] [Class whatever]
    Level [whatever crafter]
    {usual stuff, then:}
    Currently in [a bare-bones file description of a physical location, rather than the actual name of the place; for instance, qeynos_combined01] {emphasis mine}
    Test server

then the Play, Delete, etc. buttons. :-/

What happened to Test, devs? Did you break it again? :(

EDIT: Here's another one...

Currently in exp03_rgn_greater_faydark

Er? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, after testing (heh!) the chat channels, turns out that only "official" channels are allowed at all to show up anywhere; custom ones need not apply except for the channels they're based in, like Homeshow for AB and Test for Public Test. Although we can write on them and have others see our entries, we can't see what we've typed, nor any responses to the lines. Which rather destroys the point of custom, "world-wide" channels, doesn't it? :-/

Also: I don't know about other servers yet, but there are NO house pictures showing up for the Leaderboards' thumbnails on Test. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya, Breanna and Whilhelmina like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On Maj'Dul, I can see custom chat channels that my raid uses for loot bidding, but I haven't been able to get the Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow channel in days.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Before last patch, on Tuesday, we made some tests with Kuulei (screenie in discord troubleshooting):
    • We can speak on Test.Test channel and we see each other.
    • When we speak in channels on other servers, the things we type disappear and we don't see any chat there.
    • When a player from another server talks in Test.Test (in that case Maj_Dul.Kuulei), her text disappears into thin air on her side but we see what she posted from Test server. She can't see our answers. cross-server tells are working.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true; I experienced all of the above earlier today. :-/

My newest gripe -- er, nudge is after logging in with a particular Test toon, rather than through Character Select, I got that weird notice in the lower right corner of the Welcome to EQII initial box:

allaccess
    Redeem 500 DB [C in the coin]
    Become a Member [in the button; I'm a Lifetime Member, since that offer was made awhile back]
    Add time so you don't miss your
    next 500 DBC reward!

I definitely don't intend to miss it, but I don't see how I can "add time" to a permanent membership. ;->

I'll go all the way out and come back in via Character Select and see if that makes a difference. X-P

EDIT: Tried to do a /camp desktop for a "clean" return, and got /camped to Character Select, 'cause apparently it thinks I have a toon called "desktop." I didn't think that was a legal name... ;->

EDIT: Nope, coming in from the Character Select screen after a complete logout and sojourn back in did nothing to change my "non-Member" (according to the Welcome blurb) status? ;-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I cast the earring buff once per day. I don't want to have to think about buffs that should stay on for 24 hours.

Was it really auto script that messed it up? If so, then why aren't some items 'flagged' to not be touched by auto script (is that the right term?).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Flagged sounds good to me...and yeah, there should be a host of flags or tags or whatever their official names are that can be activated or not, one would think; I know there are a lot of house items we'd prefer that with, as well as others. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.