Farewell Norrath

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avithax, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Nazy Well-Known Member

How about we all say heartfelt goodbyes and respect everyone's decisions instead of arguing?
    I'm fairly certain this thread is 80% arguments, 19% goodbyes, and 1% ttobey trying to make everything more cheerful.
  2. parissa Well-Known Member

Some accusing people of having extremely low standards because they support the game, and Raff is the one trolling okay.... Maybe the ones that are no longer playing the game but can't let go and keep coming back to complain about a game they don't play anymore or are quitting are the actual trolls or overly obsessed... But the ones standing up for the game that still play and enjoy it are the trolls... okay... Don't act like its only the so called white knights in this forum trolling or acting up... The road goes both ways.. Even ttobey tried to lighten the mood and probably decided to go back to the look and feel forum since its the only one with a sense of humor...
    Raff, Benito, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

:)
    parissa likes this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

ttobey may also have him on ignore. ;)
    Tkia, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

Friends. As OP here I would like to make clear the point that my sole intention was to say goodbye to those I have shared the last decade+ with, not to open a debate on whether or not other people should agree or disagree with my decision. Every person places their own value on how EQ2 enhances their own life and that's not something that should be debated. My kudos still goes out to the dev team and my opinion of how hand-tied they are still exists. We all gave a part of our life to this game and in return it became a part of ours.

Hug your fellow Norrathian, they are part of the foundation that supports the game you play.
    Marae, Hartsmith, Breanna and 6 others like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Thank you, Parrissa...and I am a White Knight for EQ2...and those of you that don't like it can kiss ol' spot.
    Breanna and parissa like this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

1. You have to respect farewell threads (unless the vitriol or controversy merits a report). Avithax was classy.

2. You are more effective if you advocate for your side with very reasoned and logical arguments.
    Nazy likes this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

What does this mean, how does it apply?
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I'm entitled to my opinion. I've spent many years, and a considerable amount of money on this game and this company. I bought BoL premium edition, despite only playing TLE, as I have basically every expansion that's come out since RoK, because I actually give a crap about this game. You could say I have more money than sense, I surely won't argue with you there. But yeah, when I see people complaining about basic stuff that should have been working from the get-go, that's still not fixed several months into an expansion, and then I see people with the audacity to defend that like it's somehow normal or acceptable, I'm going to accuse the latter of low standards.

So whatever, accuse me of trolling if you want, but at least I put my money where my mouth is.
    AOE1, Geroblue, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  10. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

OMGolly, you are right, LOL. I've been anxiously waiting for this thread to quietly disappear ever since it started because they are always filled with the same gripes that rarely (if ever) serve any purpose beyond the complaining.
    It gladdens my heart that a developer has been taking the time to read this, though. While I don't share in their negative experiences, I am also very much a slow paced solo player on Skyfire, so I am still experiencing aspects of the game from the lower levels in the older zones. Hopefully you can weed out the junk comments in order to glean out possible ways to improve the game for when I do get my primary characters ready to play in top level zones.
    Thank you for making such a fun game.
    Breanna, Leloes, parissa and 2 others like this.
  11. parissa Well-Known Member

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I can quote your same exact sentence money wise and time wise when it comes to this game and company,.. Nothing special there....This is the second time you have referenced customers who have the audacity to stand up for this game to have low standards... Last time directly at me... As for money and sense... Well if you want to compare money spent we can... Not sure what that has to do with it... I put my money where my mouth is just as much as you on 6 different accounts... Alot of us give a crap about the game as you so say... How we express it is different... My last statement was in regards to what a person found as a troll one way but not another... You chose to put one sentence in of what i said... That's up to you... If you don't play on live, then don't tell me what's wrong with it... And I won't tell you what's right with TLE... You give a crap about this game but yet attack the people who love the game and support the people who drive off new and old players... As for someone who has more sense than money... Guess the amount would depend on how much sense one has... They could have very little, then that would just make them poor and senseless... JS
    Breanna and Leloes like this.
  12. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Ugh, why has this turned into a Real Housewives of Norrath Reunion thread?

@Avithax: Fair winds and following seas. May the very best of your adventures in Norrath, be the very least on the next path on your journey.

Could we just lock this now?