Nights of the Dead 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel!

And I just realized when writing the preview that the separate merchants dated back from last year. I really really really love separated merchants.

There's an oddness with the buzzing sound from the Disturbed Grave Soil. It only gives a short buzz spike then nothing, then another short buzz then nothing, it's weird. Might be my sound setting to low, I'll double-check.

I republished my house with the prelude AND NoTD stuff in it (medium houses, yada yada)

As far as the quest tracker goes, send it to me (I pmed you my email) and I'll upload it along with the preview as soon as I'm done resizing the screenies.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Every time I select to battle a spirit, it becomes level 120 but stays grey (no experience or loot). The mobs that can normally spawn from the gravestones I don't have an issue with as I have my pet to assist me rather than defend and no mercenary up. However the spirits ALWAYS are grey level 120 and I can't seem to get them to not be grey.

It would be nice if the mobs that spawn at the player's level had a chance to drop candy or something, so far all just empty corpses.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I noticed the buzz too , just could not place where the sound is coming from and was wondering why it only was for short time periods
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Elskidorr Active Member

Is the team sure they don't wanna give Kaladim a level 80 Headless Horseman PQ? Sure sounds like fun...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch! :(

I almost always play in Windowed mode, so I can grab the top bar/frame/whatever and yoink it up when the graphics start getting wonky for placement. Even that doesn't always work, though, and I have to reload or /camp to myself...hopefully after the fight's over. :-/

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I wonder if it correlates directly with the start of each "swarm period" of the flies, which probably work like the schools of barracuda fish swimming around do (there's definitely a start and stop to their circling, though it's subtle).

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah, yes! I don't have a 120 toon yet, but every time I have to kill something aggro that rises, it seems nothing drops except from the one gnoll dude. If they're considered zombies, for instance, shouldn't they drop Gummi Worms? Or the ghosts, Cotton Candy (or whatever ghosts drop, it's been awhile)? Or give us some killin' zombies or ghosts credit? :-/

Uwk
    Mercychalice likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Indeed! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I found a couple things....

The new outfits, "Sanguine Witchcraft Ensemble" and "Macabre Witchcraft Ensemble" show spider webs hanging on bottom of pant that covers up top of boots when placed on mannequin. When on a male character (Building who is Barbarian), doesn't show while wearing ensemble or previewing it.

OMG OMG OMG...."Blackhearted Glass Dining Table" is so awesome cuz I want the glass of the table made into building block set. You can see through it but it looks like glass cuz of the texture. Also you can NOT walk through it (it even pushed me off the edge into water rofl). In preview video I said the standard building blocks would be okay but now I want the full set (cutouts included) cuz I can see using like cutout for door being glass but door and wall are not glass sort of stuff. If not a building block set can we get the top of the table without the legs, we can try to hide the frame of the top. Could you please make it a crafted building block set cuz all of us would be going crazy with it all over the place...more than the water building blocks :rolleyes:. Please please please, pretty please on top.

Forgive me it is too early in morning I am rambling cuz I am just so excited about glass!
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I can second this opinion, and would also love to see a full set of glass like these. And I fully expect to see a glass castle, or two, or ten, out of them in the future! ;D
  13. Kasa Well-Known Member

Same with the male Froglocks, which I am not sure if that intended or not because of the type of shoe they have on.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Kasa Well-Known Member

I published a house under Massive Homes, named NoTD 2020 Witchcraft Ensemble.
    Has all the races wearing either Sanguine or Macabre Witchcraft Ensemble.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's a square version of the Blackhearted Glass Table from the ninth NotD recipe book, which is rectangular. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same: awesome glass! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Perhaps related, at least as far as battling things that emerge from the gravestones: on that obnoxious Thieving Hardy dude, if we already have the Gnollish Terraporter Rune Bone, can we NOT have him come up any more, unless we've been so gauche as to destroy the Bone before we're done with the gravestones? 'Cause he's really a case of an "empty corpse" once he's coughed up the Bone. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Also: can we have the collectibles (Aura of Foreboding, Undying Ardor, etc.) actually stack more than 20, please? If people don't have access to Depots, either at all or while roaming about during the event, the collectibles will pile up in the Inventory or Bank, especially if we're earnestly searching for candy glowies and finding only collectibles. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

There's several different fightable mobs that are a part of the Wake the Dead content: grave creatures (snake, rat, bat), ghosts, and undead. Killing decaying residents (zombies) does count towards the Undead Slayer achievement, and now so will Thieving Hardy. Killing the woken spirits (ghosts) does have the chance of dropping loot, and now it'll be even higher.

Here's the changes that should be included in the Test update notes, when it arrives:
    • Wake the Dead - Defeating Thieving Hardy will now count towards the Undead Slayer achievement.
    • Wake the Dead - Defeating a woken spirit now has a significantly higher chance of dropping marshmallows.
    Thank you all!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you for that Kaitheel
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You're the very best!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Tkia like this.