Farewell Norrath

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avithax, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Unfortunately, SOE/Daybreak has a history of outright sunsetting games (e.g. Planetside Arena, Free Realms, Landmark, possibly Vanguard).

If people stop supporting this game, that is the likely outcome. (And, unlike EQ1, there are no fan-based e-m-us).
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

I appreciate your comment, Benito. I don't post negative things so I really don't appreciate the attack from Raff. But whatever......if it makes him feel good doing so....so be it.....
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sadly that is true.....
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I just want Battlegrounds back before I return.
    /Wave
  5. Kotter Legendary Member

can i have your stuff?
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Pixistik I miss you!!!!!!!
    Siren and Argosunited like this.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there's a cabal of people who, whenever they see something they remotely interpret as being negative towards EQ2 or DBG, feel compelled to either whiteknight or outright derail a thread in an attempt to get it locked so that no further discussion can happen. Whilst the OP is quite melodramatic in their declaration that they're leaving, they've made a valid point, stated their opinion, and were even quite conciliatory. I have no doubts the EQ2 team are doing everything they can to improve things, but for some people, it's too little too late. You can't undo what many perceive as flawed design decisions that date back to almost a decade ago without a massive undertaking, and to do that, you need more than just a skeleton crew putting out broken content. If someone is praising a company that only just starts to make things right after 8 months of an expansion being out, then that person has extremely low standards.
    Tkia, Argosunited, Priority and 7 others like this.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

I totally agree. But my primary was not in any shape or form meant to be negative. If someone took it to be inflammatory then that is simply their interpretation. I find it very sad that someone cannot express an opinion without being attacked. This is a great game but it doesn't seem to be heading in a good direction. I'm hoping it will get over this slump but......only time will tell....:)
    Soara2, Argosunited and Geroblue like this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

Leloes...when you state an opinion, you throw it out to be interpreted / judged by anyone who feels like taking a whack at it. Sorry if it hurt your feelings but, I disagree with your opinion and I stated why I did.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

This is a long good bye thread! It's like someone is leaving to go to college and you are waving at them as they drive away at 1 mph up a 40 mile hill and all of their stuff is falling out the back so they have to stop and get out and put it back in.
    Hartsmith, Marae, Lateana and 8 others like this.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

NS

AND? It is giving players an opportunity to state how they feel about staying or going.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yea I think that's great! I'm all for that.
    Hartsmith, Marae, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Chill.

He was referring to the 5 page length of the thread with a gazillion sidebars. He was also trying to lighten the mood.

People take themselves way too seriously on the EQ2 forums sometimes SMH.
    Hartsmith and SynnikuL like this.
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

lol. ttobey is able to speak for himself or respond for himself. And you are NOT the designated forum leader so you chill.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm all for having fun on the forums. Sorry if you found my post offensive.
    Hartsmith, Marae, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I didn't find your post offensive at all. I find it great that the devs. read the forums and at times reply. It gives the community a chance to speak their likes and dislikes and to do your job, I would think it is good to know what they are saying.

Sorry you misunderstood my question as to what you said.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I completely understand. While the 1 mph didn't happen, I have seen the rest a time or two in the past.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

You did not hurt my feelings. I'm a bit too old to let posts do that. I just do not understand why you attacked me in such a way. It is such a petty thing to do. Attack someone because you disagree. If you disagree....so be it.....but attacking someone is uncalled for.
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Nazy Well-Known Member

I thought this is a goodbye thread!
  20. Drazia New Member

Like most forum posts it's cruising along with people voicing their opinions until Raff and/or Benito start attacking people in another troll attempt.
    Pixistik, Tkia, Feldon and 2 others like this.