Farewell Norrath

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avithax, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

corporation
    noun
    cor·​po·​ra·​tion | \ ˌkȯr-pə-ˈrā-shən \
    Definition of corporation

1a: a group of merchants or traders united in a trade guild (see GUILD sense 1)
    b: the municipal authorities of a town or city
    2: a body formed and authorized by law to act as a single person although constituted by one or more persons and legally endowed with various rights and duties including the capacity of succession
    3: an association of employers and employees in a basic industry or of members of a profession organized as an organ of political representation in a corporative state
    4: POTBELLY sense 1

The Merriam-Webster dictionary points to definitions broader than the business incorporation one specified by Bhayar. Though, even with dictionaries, lawyers (judges) often resort to textualism to determine the correct meaning of words in order to put the meaning of statements (typically, legislation) into its proper context. And, quite frankly, doodel's statement sounds ill-defined and possibly illogical when not referring to the aspect of magnitude (sic. [big, powerful entities] do not need apologists). Hence, my rebuttal in reference to Daybreak's size in comparison to actual behemoths of the business world.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Must have been different toon cause that one has zero heroic challenge and zero raid challenge achievements done. Just sayin
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Rotflmao
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I think I quit, although not sure if it is because of all the overtime I have been doing since Covid.... I'm just too tired for the mess. Ever since Agnostic exp went to why bother level, not much I can do logging in just a little bit and have any fun...There is no time for me to get my max level characters even close to geared enough for squat...
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

It really sounds like EQ2 is going to be losing a whole lot of subscribers/players. Sad....really sad to see such a great game start to dwindle away.....:(
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

People have been saying that the game is dying for 15 years. At some point, it will be true, but it's got at least another two years in it.
    Hartsmith, Snikkety, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

I hope it has longer........
    Hartsmith, Siren, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Elskidorr Active Member

Once it gets down to one server left it'll be in very dangerous territory. But who knows, maybe once it's only one live server it'll be so populated and people will flock back to join in. I still think they need to address the problem why people left and continue to leave and take a few steps back to fix the missteps.
    Soara2 and Geroblue like this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ2 is making good strides as of late:

• Daily Cobalt Crate Overseer Quest.
    • Future minimizing of infusers and reforging.
    • Future re-itemization.
    • Adjustments to Overseer (e.g. higher TS book drop rate).
    • Game Update Content/
    I hope the changes do not lead to less spending/revenue from the player base simply because Daybreak is more generous than ever before.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

I levelled a toon fully solo in agnostics and they were fine
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I leveled about 40 in it, but last I checked it was unbearably slow. Also, I was able to get other people in there before which made it more fun. Not the case now. Haven't tried it in a while though. I still have 4 I could level in there. Will check again on next day off. I managed to get on and do all the research refreshes, overseer, training and apprentice mess, plants and ponies, after 3 hours for that, I did level up one 107 to 110 today. It was nice. Probably going to be doing that for a while.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Well, context.

In the old days, contested zones were about more than aa's. They had gear drops from specific mobs that were highly desirable (which made contested zones competitive). And while it's true that hard core raiding guilds would camp those mobs, get their items and never return, a lot of the more casual crowd would continue to run the zones, and back in those days, there was actually a large population of casuals.

To each their own suppose. I just happen to feel it's nice to have an alternative to instanced and scripted lock-out zones; since aside from the horribly performing public quests, there is really nothing else.

Edit:
    imo, the reason people stopped running contested zones, like during ToT for example, was because the devs stopped giving people good reasons to run them. In any case, the old fabled contested zones were a lot of fun, if for no other reason than nostalgia.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Last year we had Fabled Kael, and it was great. Kept a lot of people busy for a while and had some nice rewards. Some of the bosses had some nasty tricks which caught people out, and the trash stomped careless groups all over the zone. Nothing more satisfying than rushing to a mob your group needed, seeing another group race past you and pull it, only to wipe, so you pull it and kill it. Reminded me of the good old days.
    That's kinda why I was sad this year they went for an instance, but that said, it's a fun zone. I think I soon won't want to run it any more as I've got the best weekly reward, the bp and the rune, but I might pluck up the motivation to run it on alts, we'll see.
    Soara2, Doobius40504, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Louly Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope not! I am happy here. Bugs, warts all of it. I'm not high end although I have a couple 110-115. Personally I
    like up to level 90. Anyway I'll stay until the lights go off.

And Avithax may you and your wife have wonderful adventures together where ever you play :) :)
    Soara2, Doobius40504 and Breanna like this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

No, just losing the drama queens with an innate need to let everyone know they are leaving. When we all know they'll be back...everyone comes back eventually.

Games that are dwindling usually go on maintenance. No updates...just keeping the server going for the players. EQ2 has regular content updates and yearly expansions.

Now, you (and some of your friends) may not like the direction the game is going, but there are servers full of people that just play the game. Without even worrying about the rarefied opinions that are bandied about in these forums.
    Hartsmith, Doobius40504 and Breanna like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't get you. Why are you attacking me? I happen to love this game!!!! But I, also, play other games too!
    Soara2, Argosunited and Geroblue like this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

You original post was fairly negative...don't see a lot love there bud. But post was more about Avithax's overly dramatic exit which you were echoing.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

LOL You're so funny, bud. When is it negative to state an opinion? Last time I looked it wasn't!o_O
    Soara2, Argosunited and Geroblue like this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There used to be a cabal of posters that were very negative (even resorting to conspiracy theories). It created a bit of drama. Once positive changes were put in effect (daily crates, game updates, interviews by former devs), these critics retreated or were silenced for the most part.

I thought your post was fair.
    Soara2 likes this.