Warlock Tips?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Exotwo, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Exotwo Member

Any warlock tips?o_O
    Triad and Nazy like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

root and nuke! you got this!
    and ... roll a crafter!!!!! make your lock a sage or a tailor.
    Nazy, Breanna and Exotwo like this.
  3. Exotwo Member

ts is boring.
    which nuke?
    Triad, Nazy and Breanna like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

nuh uh. just do it.
    I'd roll a sage over tailor, as you'll get armor as you level. You'll be extra nasty if you level your spells from apprentice to expert though, and you'll die a hell of a lot less.
    Nazy and Breanna like this.
  5. Exotwo Member

uh but I have to collect bushes
    Triad, Snikkety, Nazy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Exotwo Member

so should I roll a sage? And how can I get bushes or ores without having to go out myself?
    Nazy likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

..... there's a really fabulous quest in the Isle of Mara. check your mailbox and you should have a note about it in there. it's a harvesting quest with the end reward being a pack pony. the pack pony will gather mats for you. you'll love Quo, he's super awesome.
    Exotwo and Breanna like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

And when you are done with ALL of his quest you can hire him as a merc. That way you can watch him die over and over and over and over.
    Nazy and Argosunited like this.
  9. Nazy Well-Known Member

Warlock tips:
    1) Find mob
    2) Root
    3) Nuke
    4) Hopefully you're still alive!
    5) Spend 89387942340 hours waiting for health regen
    Triad and Exotwo like this.
  10. Exotwo Member

I roled a sage today on my lock. I died (by falling of faydark platforms) 3 times trying to get stuff.
    now about casting order...can some one tell me a casting order or which spells to use please?
    Triad likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Cataclysm and Apocalypse > everything else, focus on upgrading those through AAs, past that it's mostly just try to keep dots rolling, but hit those every time they're up, immediately.
    Exotwo likes this.
  12. Exotwo Member

don't dots break roots?
    insn't it no root you die? i mean I need better Mit
    Edit: Cataclysm does 51-70 damage currently so why is it a nuke?
    Triad likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You root something, hit it once or twice, back up a step or two, then root it again. Then nuke, etc.

There is no "One True Warlock Casting order". What you cast when is situational, and also depends on your AA/buffs/quality of spells etc.

There is an Excel worksheet for calculating warlock casting order that someone posted on the forums a while back. The download site alerts some people's antivirus, so I have a copy in Dropbox which I guarantee has no malware attached.

Basically, you self-buff the way you would before adventuring, then open your spell book and open the Examine window for each spell, then fill in the values on the left side of the worksheet, which them calcs the spell efficiencies and ranks them in casting orders based on how many mobs you are fighting.
    Exotwo and Nazy like this.
  14. Exotwo Member

I
    don't know how to use it... to confusing. and what if it resists you root or nuke?
    Triad likes this.
  15. Nazy Well-Known Member

Then you root again.
    And nuke again.
    Or die.
    Triad and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Exotwo Member

so menders are my best friends?
    Now I have some very serious mana problems. I the mob resists absolution, I waste my freehand sorcercery and 1/5 of my power. Is there a way to fix this?
    Triad and Nazy like this.
  17. Airwalker Member

Yea, play a summoner.
  18. Nazy Well-Known Member

I believe it's called the Manastone or leveling to Mana Trickle.
    Triad likes this.
  19. Exotwo Member

and what is the reuse timer on this horse?
  20. Exotwo Member

Necro has Life burn plus every single mob makes you go down to yellow health+ the pet and I played conjy and what I learned was your pet dies you die, like Immediatly. oh yeah and they still resist. however my congy at level 9 could kill level 15 deer and that was fun
    Mana Trickle is in 6 levels and it kills you, so then you have to wait for your health to regenerate and it takes so long. Also void contract is useless. It takes away more health then power. plus the manastone is a heritage quest. You have to kill 27-30^^^ which means they have to be like Bottom of Green in order to kill triple bumps. and it still involves dying. a lot.
    Triad likes this.