Kander's Candor Special Episode!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is from a while back. Now the procedure is to ask Dreamweaver.

[IMG]
    parissa and Bludd like this.
  2. Ghaak New Member

Good episode! Trying to learn all the things they've added since max 80, it's so much :confused:
    parissa likes this.
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

It could be a who did it mystery... I'm guess by the title... we will know who the dead one is ... we will bring a cleric with us to rez you in the end ;)
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  4. parissa Well-Known Member

It's a podcast you can listen to... Click on the link that dreamweaver posted and you can listen to it... I just use spotify... Or you can read the transcript of the podcast that was just linked too... Dreamweaver and Kander are a kick in the pants...
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Let's try to get this back on topic.
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

So, why don't we have it on the official site (as well as the previous one/ones)? The last one we have is episode 9. Why do we need to go to some 3d party to listen to it? I won't do that for many reasons. This is the official game site. All the information shall be here.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The forum software doesn't support podcasts. If you are unwilling to go anyplace other than the forums, if you wait a day or so, someone generally provides a transcript of the podcast, which you can read.
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  8. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I suggest you thinking it over again, we have 9 episodes on the site, each of them is working well.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think there's links to the podcasts, yes.
    parissa likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

There were actually 10 episodes but episode 10 never got posted here. But Mercy did do a write up on it. Mercy also did a write up on this last one called special episode which would be episode 11. The last 2 were just on the 3rd party sites.
    parissa likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Beyonica is referring the ones on the website articles, which there some up so far but there has been an issue with uploading them because of a site issue.

The website was never going to be the main location for them in general though unfortunately, because it takes a lot of bandwidth to host. That's why hosting sites exist.
    Benito, parissa and Breanna like this.
  12. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you. Fair enough. I guess I'll have to read the sripts then if I want to know the news. It's inconvinient to say the least.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

14. Bludd Well-Known Member

i dont understand why its so hard to go to anchor.fm and listen to the podcast?
    Snikkety and Benito like this.
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Going anywhere to listen to something is difficult for the hearing impaired. That's why Mercy's transcript is helpful and to be lauded for many on the forums. I mean, it's not like EQ2 has the greatest track record when it comes to accessibility for gamers.

And to be honest - an MMO provider that can't manage the bandwidth to host their own podcast? That's.... not encouraging.
    Bludd, Mermut and Feldon like this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

It seems that hosting these podcasts is a technological or financial imposition. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you'd like to download them as mp3 / m4a files (the format changes a few times), you can download them at my website:
    https://eq2wire.com/kanderscandor/
    Beee, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Right.

Most EQ2 players use custom UIs and parses. Many build their own computers. Many people have used online shopping during the pandemic.

I would be concerned about downloading over streaming (possibility of malware), and the website requiring personal information. I don’t believe anchor.fm requires either.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

of course but that doesnt mean the podcast has to be on this site, why not use a service made by someone good at it instead of spending resources making a half-***** eq specific podcast service?
    Snikkety, Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.
  19. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Good point, using a provider that specializes in podcasts isn't a bad move.

For casual browsers, it might also be nice to add a button/tab at the top of the forums and EQ2 "Home" page with links to stuff like the podcast, and perhaps the semi-official (or whatever it is now) wiki. Call it "external links" or something - heck, you could even put a link to the Official Discord... since there's still no link to that anywhere in the navigation/menu area. ;)

I was thinking a link to the game manual that used to be on the support site would be a good idea, too - but I just checked and it seems to have vanished. It's been years since I even thought about it though, so that may not be a recent change. Having links to things like the podcasts that could attract new, or entice previous players to return, in an easily accessible place instead of buried in forum posts seems like something that would help. But that's just my opinion, *shrug*
    Breanna and Mermut like this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

And it being directly on the forums instead of 1 click away helps deaf people how exactly? It not being hosted here is a complete nonissue.