Solusek's Eye is upon you! Solusek's Eye: The Calling Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

Vocal minority
    parissa likes this.
  2. JustTank New Member

parissa, Tyger, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

When I relocated from Norrath to Eorzea.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Of course they should as half of them needed to be verbs ...
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Cassta and Breanna like this.
  6. Zinj Well-Known Member

Now you just need to run this as advertising on the major networks during prime time.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

After spending 8 hours in the heroic zone Yesterday I think the zone is too big. The zone should have been broke up into 3 separate instances which has been the norm for the last couple expansions.

Heroic I (First 5 bosses)
    Heroic II (Second 5 bosses)
    Event Heroic (Final 4 bosses)
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Cleared it in 2 hours with a group with Monk, Coercer, Channeller, Warden, Templar, Defiler (we were the only 6 online in guild when servers came up).

The zone is fine and you'll do it quicker once you've got to grip with all the strats.
    Cassta and parissa like this.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

About an hour and a half with Monk, Dirge, Illy, Conj, Fury, Inquisitor. Less than flawless group setup and still pretty doable. Most of that time was spent on the lamp mob, honestly.
    Cassta and parissa like this.
  10. Tyger Member

parissa and Cassta like this.
  11. parissa Well-Known Member

Wasn't the Diaku corral gu 114 update for solo heroic and challenge? Nothing for raiders... then this update 115 is heroic and raid... I don't get why so much whining about it not being a solo zone... maybe it should be a complaint again group zones... I mean they are in all the updates... I'm glad for you groupers (not gropers) and raiders, I thought the zones looked awesome... I solo so not much for me, but thats okay I still love the Diaku corral zone, hoping for the dang ascension of destruction to drop so i can complete my set.. In game chat I see everyone enjoying the new zones and grabbing groups... Seems balanced between the 2 most recent updates and the complaining is a whole lot of BS...
    Cassta, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

I think half of all my deaths is from those walkways... I love the zone but i always hated that misstep... fried fae wings is never a good thing :oops:
    Cassta, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

they just powered through. we avoided killing blazing guys, because they split when they die which quickly escalates
    parissa, Cassta, Tyger and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tyger Member

Thank you.
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

I believe Daiku was created for end game geared toons. It can be beat, but I don't see a casual grp making it through Challenge or Expert at all. Just my two cents. And if you did make it through in that style of grp, you are raiding somewhere.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are using DarqUI or ProfitCE etc., use the Night Vision tool when you are in Solusek's Eye, it will opaque the glass walkways.

I have a RL fear of heights, and I had a terribad time in here on my first visit to talk to the dragon (then we got there, my sister sassed him, and we got incinerated...) Now I use Night Vision and keep myself focused on the walkway and ignore everything to the sides and it helps a lot.
    parissa, Breanna and Cassta like this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL I know me too. I hate that in a game I act all weird about falling off things, I keep telling myself it's just a game nothing bad will happen except some xp debt, but God I hate those walkways, and then with the giants on them you can't see at all.

I used to hate climbing that chain for the Hula (spellcheck) hat quest too. That would make me all nervous.
    parissa likes this.
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

I will take your word for it... If I tried challenge, they would glance my way and I would be dead :( ... I was wondering what the difference between heroic and expert were... I thought those were for after you got heroic gear, but weren't quite raid ready...
    Breanna likes this.
  19. parissa Well-Known Member

OH OH.... thank you thank you... I hate heights too... If it was my sister and me... She would definately be the one to be a sassy pants to him... She would probably root me and run away laughing.. But seriously thank you... I will have to definately try the night vision...
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Even the plain Heroic can eat your shorts. A bunch of my raid group wants that +5.5 Ability Doublecast saddle, so we tried last night with two healers and no tanks. Apparently the script for the bull-riding encounter requires a tank, even really high DPS wouldn't separate the mobs, nor would charming them.