ToT20 Official Signup

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Misstake, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Misstake Well-Known Member

So what is the ToT20 event you ask? It is the Trick or Treat homeswap event. Time to do the fun stuff with the NoTD event coming out. Time for some Pumpkin Pies and Apple Cider. Autumn weather and cooler breezes. Time for you to take that dusty home out and have someone decorate for you while you put your amazing ideas into someone else's home!

Who can participate? Well all of you!! New to decorating? Time to get your feet wet! I promise you will have a great time! Sat out last event? You know you want to do this one! Back to do another event after just finishing the last one? Well, Welcome back!

This event will run from September 13th - November 13th.

NoTD runs October 8th - November 1st
    October - Qeynos City Festival
    November - Freeport City Festival
    *****AND******
    September and October Moonlight Enchantment!

This event is open to all servers. I can not promise that it will happen for you if no one else signs up for your server but we will try to make it happen!

I have a DK on: Anotnia Bayle, Maj'Dul, Kaladim, Rivervale, Halls of Fate, and Skyfire. If you would like to participate on another server let me know and I will work on creating a DK over there.

So what do you need to do?

Pick out a home that you would like to have decorated. Name that home ToT20 and give Trustee access to Devilkiss

Send an email to hellsangel459335@msn.com with the following information:

Your Server:
    Homeowner name:
    Home name and location:
    What theme you would like:
    The name of the decorator you will be using for the homeswap:
    What size home you would like to decorate:

Would you like a Helper:
    Would you like to do the Team Sign Up and if so do you have a home to submit:
    (See below)

Sign ups will go thru September 11th Midnight PST and then home assignments will go out on the 12th. You will be sent an email with all that stuffs so you can get started on the 13th. I will also send in game to your toon that has the house you are participating with, but will also try to send an in game mail to your decorator if it is a different toon. :)

Keep in mind that you may get a bigger than requested home assigned to you. I try my best to fit everyone's needs but sometimes that is impossible. If you request to decorate a small Inn and you get all of Qeynos City, just decorate what you feel comfortable doing :)

Please put a book in your home with information on your toon and what you would like for your home theme. Spooky crazy stuff, all hearts, don't like purple, love bats and dogs, or just go wild. A house actor would be great so your decorator can make things to size.

If you would like to add an expander that is fine. If you would like to wait to see if your decorator may need it, maybe add that in your book to your decorator and then we can coordinate that . Sometimes they need it, sometimes they don't.

Please make sure that you have the time to decorate your assigned home. We do not want anyone zoning into an empty home.

If something comes up and you can not finish the home, please let me know ASAP so I can see if I can make sure to get help to finish it. But please keep in mind that if you can not finish it, the more time others have to do so the better.

Also make sure your rent and status is paid up thru the event. Nothing worse than logging into the game to spend the day decorating and the rent/status is due!

After the swap is done and has been revealed please remember to publish your home with ToT20 and your decorator's name. That way it makes it easier for touring and to show some appreciation to your decorator for all their hard work.

Aney did this last year and I thought it was an awesome idea so we are going to do this again. "I also wanted to add the Team Sign Up. What the heck is that you ask? Well you want to participate but your schedule is kinda crazy with Vaca, Grandma needs a new kitchen, and then you need to paint that hallway. How about we team up with someone else who has a Grandma that needs a new porch done. That way you both can participate in the event.

What does that entail?

Well, you would be teamed up with someone else and get together to decorate someone's home. You both would coordinate with each other on what you would like to do. I would say leave a book or sign with what you would like to do.

Of course someone would need to put a home up as this would not work lol. Now if both put a home up and there are say only 2 of ya'll, well that would be interesting.

Or do you just want to offer to help someone out? Let me know!"

Please know this is my first official time hosting a swap without a co-host, but I think I got it, lol. If there is anything unclear or just need more clarification you can always send me and email or just send DK a mail, probably on AB as that is the one I am on the most, but I will make sure to try to cycle through all my DKs once a day to check for mail.

Thank you and have so much fun.

<3 DK
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have a house that would work for a team. So how does this work again? I know I said no NOTD for me this year but my idea is too daunting alone. Hence the team . . .
  3. Misstake Well-Known Member

I will do the assignments and make sure that whom ever it gets assigned too will not find it daunting or at least if they do they can still accomplish it =D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

5. Aelissa Well-Known Member

yes please! sending email later today.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got a toon on Public Test (again!) that I've been dyin' to get done up "right" (one of my few truly, absolutely Evil characters; NotD would be right up her alley, holiday-wise [it certainly wouldn't be FF... ;->]) but I'd be afraid of depleting my favors bucket for the year there; most of the folks on Test (except for some of us cheap slackers... :oops:) are usually too really busy with, y'know, Testing stuff to leap at the chance to do some decorating... :-/

With notable exceptions, of course, but Whil might be tired of seeing my ugly dragon-lizard face! :D

And no, it wouldn't be Spiritmaker's house... ;->

Uwk
    Misstake and Breanna like this.
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Sign up by Sept 11th. Hmmmm.... I really really hope I am done with house I am working on and then I can decide if I wanna participate. And who knows I might do something crazy :rolleyes: like sign up on a non-AB server lol. This is the only house swap I have ever actually signed up to participate in (well except for Frostfell Neighborhoods 2020 :) which I haven't started yet :eek: so doesn't count yet). It was a ton of fun, stressful too cuz I am SLOW :confused: at decorating, but really did have fun up until the very last second before deadline :p .
  8. Eve/Linn Member

ok I tried to email signup but it wants me to pay 95 cents to email you. I have two servers I would like to sign up on 1. AB MMCE in Freeport owner is Icybad and decorator is Linnlyna 2. HoF owner and decorator Linnlyna MMCE Qeynos
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok I will get you down. I am so not sure why it wants you to pay to send me an email. I apologize for that.
  10. Linnlyna Member

also I would ask no small homes and I have yet to figure out how to decorate the SSP so no to that one
  11. Sennetta Active Member

about to sign uo
  12. Sennetta Active Member

13. Misstake Well-Known Member

Got it =) Thank you.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mail sent! :)

Please PM me here if there are any questions; I'll see this way before any in-game mail trickles down to the Hordelings. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Misstake Well-Known Member

We are getting lots of signups keep them coming =D
  16. Misstake Well-Known Member

ok we are down to 5 days left for signups if anyone else would like to join!
  17. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Time to find a house or two!!

I love the ToT Homeswap :) Makes me get ready for cooler weather (At some point in Texas Hehe) and I love decorating for a Holiday.

If you have not signed up yet, make sure to do so! This is a really fun event. If you have never signed up for one but are curious, get that sign up in. You will have so much fun. Don't be shy, there are so many folks that can help you out if you need.

Looking forward to another fun event and thank you DK for running this for us!!

Aney~
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Honestly, this time of year usually has expansion stuff starting and all, so I don't think I'll be able to do something right there. I never finished the haunted house I started last year for myself either.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! That's okay; I gave our Fearish Leaders (i.e., this being for NotD, they're scary ;->) a choice of houses, and I'm probably gonna wind up doing the other. ;->

I'll eventually decorate that mad scientist's place myself, I think; I always do with the Doctor Who homage characters, and this one's based on The Rani... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Got your in-game mail, DK; looking forward to it! :D

Uwk
    Misstake and Breanna like this.