Labor Day WEEK LONG Bonuses!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 1, 2020.

1. parissa Well-Known Member

I'm still clinging on to all my status quests and ingots just waiting for the next time the double status drops... and my poor rat only has one ding left on the guide quest in seru... so she avoiding it like the plague lol...
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Yes. However, unlike EQ2, it's limited. There are three house sizes (small, medium, large), plus apartments (or rooms in a Free Company [guild] Estate, if they have one). More housing is slated to be added in the not-too distant future; until then, you've got to keep an eye out for any property going up for sale, and be prepared to spend for it. Small houses are all I've ever seen available for now, and run 3-4 million gil. Couple of notes - sales are handled through the server, players cannot sell property to each other. The "auto-destruct / sale" on houses for players that haven't logged in for awhile is currently disabled because of the pandemic. Not sure when it'll get turned back on, but that's contributed to the current market scarcity. Apartment rooms are generally still available, and run 500k. No monthly upkeep, and the room sizes are pretty decent.

Hope that helps!
    parissa likes this.
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

thank you so much... will have to give it a try... for some reason I was thinking FF was a run through game not a continous game... I usually play FO76 and FO4 too, but kinda burning out on them a bit... So thought i would try something else for a bit... But its hard to find games that do housing...
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Oh, I almost forgot.... with the houses, you get a yard. So.... landscaping! You can even grow a garden, the results of which can be very profitable - not to mention useful, since one of the things you can cross-breed and grow allows you to "push" a companion chocobo (mount) over the level cap (normally 10), all the way up to 20. Gives it much more skills, for when you're out solo'ing, etc., and it's acting as your healer or additional DPS. Apartments/rooms don't get a yard (so no garden), but can hold up to two flowerpots to grow seeds - no crossbreeding, though.

Here's a random house I was running past near our Free Company estate - nothing special, just snapped a pic as an example.

[IMG]
    parissa likes this.
  5. Dasi Member

Why did this end early ? I thought it was from "Bonuses Starting 9/3 at 12:01 AM PDT and end on 9/10 at 11:59 PM PDT"

There were no double coins with the new weekly, and the double exp no longer shows in the exp bar
    Cassta and Kittybock like this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

yep seems like the bonuses ended early if the announced date is to be believed
    or the announced date was indeed wrong
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Dasi Member

update : Strange morning, if you were on when the weeklies rolled over, the ahoy quest didnt pop and I didnt get double coins on that toon.
    I went back through the log to make sure, nothing.
    Just wierd.

When I logged to an alt the ahoy was there and I got double coins.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

when you double you mean from ahoy or double from event which appears to be over?
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Lizerd Keng New Member

it was a double event which means you get double coins, from all quests that offer those types of coins (ethereal). And Dasi, that didn't work for me. I logged on after 12 PDT got ahoy quest and did not get double from ahoy or bad baddies.
  10. Rarkevan Active Member

Why did this end early? Grrr I set my alarm so early to start getting the Big Baddies in on all alts just for this double ethereals today uintil midnight :(:(:(:confused:
  11. Rarkevan Active Member

Ending on 9/10 at 11:59 PM PDT
    It's 9/10 at 2:51 AM PDT and already no longer valid.
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Faelynn Active Member

I never saw what the dates originally read before this edit, but it makes me wonder whether they originally read 9/3 at 12:01 AM PDT and end on 9/9 at 11:59 PM PDT and Audrel thought this was only 6 days (because 9-3 is 6, right? - though nevermind one is the beginning of the day and the other is the end of the day...) and in saying this convinced Dreamweaver of the same, thus causing correct information to be edited into incorrect information... o_O
  13. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

It must have been a type o, since 11:59pm pdt on 9/10 is supposed to mean it ends 1 minute before it becomes friday, september 11th.
    Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Orrr.. they screwed up and ended it early. The dates are there in black and white, and were even questioned. Too many apologists here. You won't ever get an improved service whilst you're making allowances for incompetence.
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

not apologizing for nothing or nobody. someone messed up the date, or someone turned it off early/programmed it wrong. either way it did not run for the announced duration. would be awesome to see a red name answer so we know what happened.
    Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

quoting dreamweaver to try and ping him

The question was clearly and directly asked whether it was intended about the dates and it would mean folks being able to get double coins again (iirc it was asked multiple times). Your reply was that it was intended.

Would appreciate some clarification.
    Cassta, Jinksie and Geroblue like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The original said 'double XP for all', but a couple of days ago when I logged in a ftp account I wanted to level up, the splash screen, I guess that is what it is called, said the bonus XP was not for ftp accounts.

I was going to log in and level up some characters today. Guess I can work on trade skills instead since double xp is gone.
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

More broken promises....
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Cassta Well-Known Member

It has been more than 7 hours since this post and the issue still has not been fixed. The original post by @Dreamweaver stated:

"Bonuses Starting 9/3 at 12:01 AM PDT and end on 9/10 at 11:59 PM PDT"

The "official" announcement clearly states the event is scheduled to end tonight, one minute before midnight. While I understand we are all human and make mistakes, this is a pretty big one. It is not unfair or unreasonable for us to ask these missing hours be replaced, after all it is a full 24 hours. PLEASE give us the lost 24 hours back. It would be greatly appreciated if an announcement was made regarding when and how this error will be fixed and it would not hurt to add a few additional hours as compensation.
  20. haphop New Member

I had same ...got all my weklies done regardless but was expecting double currency ...I only solo so this was a big bump for my toons :) please credit the double coins?
    Cassta likes this.