Glasscannon's Wizard Guide

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Dilon, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Eithne New Member

I may be being stupid - its not unheard of, but what and where is the spell "Let it Burn" I am L120 and have BoL (I think I have finished the sig line) Help?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Adept Active Member

I believe it is merchant on Top level of Recoso Tor in the Binding, has BOL spell and also Epic 2 spells if you needed them
    Doobius40504 and WhysperWynde like this.
  3. Eithne New Member

Cool, thank you!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Tiggsyy New Member

I have a question about Let It Burn how do you upgrade it ? I am level 120 sage and have nothing in my books for it I see lots of wizzies have upgraded it so any clues would be welcome.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Airwalker Member

Think you have to finish timeline to get let it burn. Been awhile but pretty sure it only shows on vendor once you complete bowl timeline.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Research, that's about it. Can't upgrade it any other way as far as I can tell.
    Doobius40504 and WhysperWynde like this.
  7. Ellah Active Member

I believe you get the Journeyman version if you complete all the Wracklands quests but also have found it's only research after that.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. Mattyhack New Member

Howdy .. just logged back in after 12-months, using same setup created back then using this guide .. got pwned on the first RoS quest "grains of truth" .. notice that Rays of Disintegration show zero damage. Died after 9 minutes of pocket healer keeping me alive, only 50% damage to shroom. Is there an update guide for the expansion? Or am I just stuffing up?

Edit: AA says i have 20 unassigned Prestige Points - but won't let me use them - cant click on anything in build mode. Thx again ...
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Reign of Shadows Guide for Beginners (or Returning Players) may have some things you haven't tried yet.

First, as you may have noticed, the /motd tell you how to deal with borked AA. You basically have to roll back all your AA, Commit, then go back into Build and re-spend your points.

Secondly, they have acknowledged that there is a display error as to how many points you have yet to spend where. "The maximum prestige points a level 120 character with all 20 Reign of Shadows prestige points unlocked is 70."

Last, you have to essentially "unlock" some prestige point usage by doing the RoS sig line etc. I didn't pay super close attention when I was running the sig line as to where and how much I got.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow this is an astoundingly GREAT FORMAT and discussion of WIZARD SETUP! I'd like to see someone go into such great depth of explanation for some of the other Classes too. And Sigrfrida that Reign of Shadows Guide for Beginners looks interesting too. Gonna take a look/see. We can all learn new stuff even if we aren't exactly beginners anymore, eh?
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  11. Schortt Active Member

Um your problem sounds like a resolve issue, 0 damage for Ray of Disintegration is wrong. Its a very powerful spell. Although the best is Immoltion because of its fast recast time.
  12. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Wizards need more love. Let it burn and Dessication are nowhere near equals, although introduced as the same upgrade. Help!
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  13. Doobius40504 Active Member

Thank you for this answer!