Solusek's Eye is upon you! Solusek's Eye: The Calling Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Gharyn Well-Known Member

You can get a thousand weapon essences in less than a week? You must never sleep.
    Cassta, Jrox and Argosunited like this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's about 20 per solo run of 12 zones, this can be done every 90 minutes.

If you get a steady 20 per run, that's 50 solo runs to get 1000 essences. If you also do the clicky quests each day that's probably only say 40 solo runs in the week. That's 5.7 per day, let's say 6 per day accounting for bad luck. I can do a full set of solos in about 40 minutes. That's 4 hours per day grinding solos, but obviously having to organise your day to do them every 90 minutes. I've also got 3 weapons. And none of them are level 10 yet, so I'm already behind with this.

I dunno, I've got a job. And kids. And I raid half the time I'm playing for some reason, probably subliminal self loathing or something.

It is doable, and during the limited spell researcher drops, it's more realistic, but still 1000 in a week I'd be slitting my wrists. And I need way more than 1000.
    Cassta and Snikkety like this.
  3. CSP84 Well-Known Member

When was the last time you "played" Everquest 2 ? Its only grinding, grinding, grinding at this point.
  4. Crazycatlady Member

I am not sure anyone answered Almee's question. Will there be solo play for those of us who are casual players or prefer to enjoy to game alone?
    Cassta, Feldon and Lateana like this.
  5. Hokus New Member

It appears they dont want to respond to the questions about soloing. Apparently there is no provision for that!
    Cassta, Wulfgyr, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Sigh. You're not wrong.
    Cassta, Wulfgyr and Feldon like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

In Roosha, we don't play EQ2...EQ2 plays us.
  8. Jaxyn Member

Sadly, GU115 won't do me a bit of good. No 120s (except TS) - mostly 80s-95. Not geared to raid, nor do I want to. Don't like to be forced into Heroics in order to get spells or recipe books, either. If I'm LUCKY, I'll get a recipe book from Overseers, but snowball's chance in Sol Ro of getting spells.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. JustTank New Member

2 handed is CRAP without the correct adornment slots
    Cassta and Argosunited like this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Adorn slots are correct, dreamweaver posted the wrong picture.

https://imgur.com/vkoaCt2
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Hey look on the bright side, finally a BoL weapon with better damage than a CD one.
    Cassta and Snikkety like this.
  12. Sennetta Active Member

Just another expac for the raiders and the casual players are shafted yet again and I know of several CASUAL players that got the life membership talk about the devs ripping off casual players
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Generic effects again, seriously when was the last time people got excited seeing effects on a new weapon? The tags of fabled/mythical meant something a long time ago where getting them was not easy and when you did, you would cherish them for a bit before finding an upgrade. All we see now is a resolve upgrade with a 5% boost in stats and effects that either give you more stats or a debuff. No new ideas circulate during the development brainstorming session it seems.

I personally have stopped upgrading weapons now because just when you think you have found a decent weapon you find something better and the process starts again. This is an incredibly shallow mechanic in my view to pad the content with needless extra grinding in a game where pretty much everything has grinding of some sort.

They should really allow you to salvage the weapon to get at least 75% of essences. You never truly get attached to any one weapon and that is a shame. The solo/group grind becomes so tedious that the only way for most of us to keep on doing them is to dangle I'd rather prefer the option to have one weapon through a signature line that becomes best in slot for the expansion that you can upgrade slowly.
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Backstabbber Member

I hate to be a downer but lately they bugs in the raid zones is so crazy bad are any of these raid zones going to work? I mean you didn't even fix the ones we are playing in now and you are bringing out new stuff really.
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

Historically the Game Updates are always high level content. Usually they include some Advanced solos as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case this year. To be honest, I was surprised to get a content update since they said earlier in the year they were more focused on fixing lag. I haven't really seen much evidence of that, but I can only hope it is happening in the background.
    Cassta and Jrox like this.
  16. Gninja Developer

Feel free to send me a PM with what bugs you are referring to.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  17. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Glad you've tweaked the mushroom in Fordel challenge, we did that one Sunday. Lost 3 raid members to seizures, another 2 to blindness, and 4 graphics cards melted.
    Almee and Cassta like this.
  18. girney Active Member

more raid content only? big whoop. what a waste of programming for most of the players.
    Cassta likes this.
  19. leviticus New Member

why don't you have something like the battlegrounds for heroic or raid. you would enter the pool and then made into teams,groups whatever. i have the lifetime membership but i play solo for the most part and from what i see in chat that is the same for most of your customers.
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Wulfen Active Member

(Sigh). Granted, none of my characters is anywhere close to 120. But.. I know there have been misspellings in the past.
    The word "effect" popped up like fireworks in this update. I have no idea, since I don't play high end zones, whether at least some of those "effect" words should have been "affect" instead. My flimsy little mage may come up with a few surprises to her detriment. A note of word usage intention would be appreciated.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.