Test Server Guide Events

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Elyshka, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

For those who mentioned wanting to meet with some of my friends, could you please give me a rough idea of your usual playtimes (including time zone, please), so I can coordinate with my folks to get them there at a decent hour (it's not unlike herding cats sometimes with these needy types :D).

To better help you plan, let's use Tuesday as the target date and we'll go from there.
  2. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hmm... Well, since no one has given me something to aim for, we're just going to swing for the fences and see what we hit! :)
    • Tuesday, May 5th around Noon PDT - Someone in the Obol Plains is looking for a little good news about some missing friends.
    • Tuesday, May 5th around 6 pm PDT - If spelunking in caves is your thing, head to Kelethin to meet a Gnemlin about a trip.
    • Wednesday, May 6th around Noon PDT - Those with their sights on more celestial adventures should stop by the Ulteran Spires in Eastern Wastes.
    • Wednesday, May 6th around 6 pm PDT - And for those who seek a slightly closer heavenly body, set your sights for Kylong Plains.
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

Just a heads up that Rargnir might be running behind by a few minutes today, but he'll definitely be there!
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Elhannan New Member

My wife and I are just returning to EQ2. Are these guided events ONLY on test server? Is this for the Guides Guide to the Celestial Realms? We would really love to earn that backpack, but don't play on test. We've traveled all over the world going to every wizard spire and have not seen a guide. Thanks!
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no , there are Guide quests on almost all servers .
    There is an extra site that shows all the guide events for each server extra .
    If you look at all the forum listings you will find one for guides , it will reroute you to that site .
  6. Elyshka Senior Guide

Welcome back home to Norrath! :)

Head on over to the Guide Forums and you can find listings for each server which has a Guide presence there, along with occasional hints about upcoming events on your server. Please bear in mind that not all servers advertise in advance. Good luck and happy hunting!

Also, Guides will not always be "up". We're not NPCs, but volunteers who run these events in our spare time to help bolster the community that we love. <3 There's a real life person on the other side of each and every Guide quest, so be sure to chat with us. We love talking with other players!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, welcome back! :)

One of the good things about the Public Test server, is that there are a lot (not all, else Elyshka and her buddies wouldn't have so many meet-and-greet opportunities! :D) of guide quests that do have NPC guides, and even a lot of holiday guide quests are up year 'round. :)

Uwk
  8. Elhannan New Member

Thank you, so much, for your prompt help!
  9. Babicka New Member

Our guild on test really needs some status, could really use one of the guide quests like Naylies or Fiery bag quests. Do you ever come to test?
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If it's for a hall and if you need me to drop you some status, just ask (and give the name of the guild obviously).
  11. Babicka New Member

We don't have enough status to keep the guild hall open. Our guild is "The Motley Crew" made up of our family. Me (Great-Grandma) son and grandson. After covid thing, want to show game to great grandson, he's 7 now, so think he would like it.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow what a clan great grand mom down to your grandson . And I have seen plenty of your guild around .
    I have been told a single person could keep a guild hall open , but I am not so sure about that .
    and hugs to you Whilhelmina .
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

You can, I keep mine open Tier 4 guild hall. All I have to do when I need to is do about 7 tradeskill writs a day which gives me enough status to cover the payment. I did that for so long I have enough status in my door now to do probably a whole other year because I figured it out so 7 writs was a touch over what I needed. It is disappointing though that they don't help level the guild anymore but eh at least the status gets covered.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We searched for your hall to give status but couldn't find it. Is it open to visitors and where is it?
    You can add me (Leucosia) as friend/trustee if you can't afford a single week to start it up (I don't think we can donate from the outside without any sort of access, not sure, need to check. I checked: we can deposit from the INSIDE with visitor access and we can pay from the outside with Trustee access. I don't have a hall on friend access so can't check those)
  15. Babicka New Member

I found one toon that had almost 3 million, status so I used all hers and was able to open guild hall. We only have the small guild hall in freeport. I will still put you on the visitor list so you can see the hall. I will work on the writs for the rest, but wish we could get some of the guide quests.... I like doing them.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I expect that the one beloved guide who has adopted the Test server along with her assigned servers is experiencing an attack of Real Life. Hopefully she'll be able to run something soon-ish. In the meantime, please also add "Ngranna" to your access list, and I'll be happy to have that evil ogress add some status to the door for you as well. :D
  17. Babicka New Member

Ok, I added Ngranna as a friend to guild hall in freeport, the small hall under the Motley Crew. Really appreciate any help I can get, but wish I could be able to do this on my own. started writs on 3 toons cause when I leveled 111 all it wants to give me is 120 writs... must be a bug?
  18. Babicka New Member

Ok, I added Leucosia as a friend to guild hall in freeport, the small hall under the Motley Crew. Really appreciate any help I can get, but wish I could be able to do this on my own. started writs on 3 toons cause when I leveled 111 all it wants to give me is 120 writs... must be a bug?
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They display as level 120, but should be asking you for level 111 items and can be done from level 111 through level 120.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

That's a nice little hall!

And I paid it up for the next 80 days and you have more than enough status to be care-free for a while between Mum and my 2 chars ;p