Solusek's Eye is upon you! Solusek's Eye: The Calling Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 20, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hail Norrath,

We're only a few days away from the launch of GU 115: Reignite the Flames on August 25!

The fires of war are spreading across Norrath, and the Fabled Plane of War has opened, adventurers across Norrath a preparing to strike out and conquer it once more. But another threat looms and a it's time to repay a favor from your past. Solusek's Eye: The Calling is here! You'll be confronting 14 new Raid bosses and hordes of enemies throughout the zone.

[IMG]

How solid are the bonds between you and your fellow adventurers? Can you withstand the heat and forge ahead even stronger?

[IMG]

The fight is heating up deep in the fiery abyss!

[IMG]

Conquer your enemies, repay the favor, and earn your way towards the Replica of War!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

GU 115: Reignite the Flames launches on August 25, 2020 and your adventure continues!
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, this looks awesome! Thanks so much for the heads up. I have some time off coming up; great timing! :)
    Cassta, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

Why doesn’t 2hander have double slots for red and blue adorns
    Cassta, Sigrdrifa, Raff and 7 others like this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Piggyback to say, is it supposed to be usable by all classes or is that a mistake?
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Alarra Well-Known Member

are there weapons going to be useful when we hit next expac?
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

what about the shard staff in comparison with these weapons?
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

The shard staff isn’t a weapon, it’s a Clickie inventory item,
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Ok I have questions...

Firstly, the same effect on both weapons?

Secondly, does that effect even work? There's a strong feeling that the withering/tainted blade runes don't work and they're the same effect, different numbers.

Third. Is that all of the available options? Or are there rewards better suited to tanks and scouts?

Forth. Please tell me then that Sol's Eye is a candy-shop of salvageable weapons, because the biggest hurdle to actually using these items will be weapon essences for upgrading them.
    Cassta and Snikkety like this.
  9. Moss Well-Known Member

I'd add:

Combat Mitigation increase with each new content, yet class abilities have never been increased and those new weapons does not include any effect like "Prismatic Distraction" or "Equalize". And we all know how important those effect are today in raids and some heroics.

Does it means that Combat Mitigation will be revamp or that we will get some new way to effectivly decrease combat mitigation of our targets ?

I also second the point about the real effect of those new weapons. Because as of today any real test of similar effects (withering...) show very little effect compare to the displayed values and expected results.
    Cassta and Snikkety like this.
  10. Airwalker Member

Those combat mit proc means nothing when raid mobs have 150k+ combat mit.
    Cassta and Arclite like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

god I always hated those glass walkways without railings
    parissa, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  12. CSP84 Well-Known Member

@ Tanto /Moss
    I wanted to ad something to your points.
    As we learned in one of the last podcasts is that weapons will be differently in the upcoming expansion. A player will have choices with different Augmentations /Adornments.
    Does that mean the the lifespan of these weapons is only 4,5,6 months at best ? So we shouldn't bother leveling them up with essences.
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

Is there any chance there is something for those of us who aren't into raiding, endgame, or monochrome stuff? Maybe something for crafters and decorators? It's no biggie, as I have lots to do, just wondering.
    Cassta, Jaxyn, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

The thing about focusing an entire GU on raiding and high end grouping is, it kinda requires the basics to work -- class balance, itemization, healing, utility, etc. If that's not in the cards, then content should really be focused on casual and storytelling where it's ok if one class is 3x as powerful as another or some classes are entirely broken in raid settings with no signs that anything is going to be done to fix it.

Devs seem to be trying to court race car drivers with OEM parts.
    Cassta, Jaxyn, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

Class balance certainly needs to be looked at in the near future but that usually happens when new a expansion hits, not during a regular GU. Longstanding issues aside, this looks like a pretty exciting update.
    parissa and Cassta like this.
  16. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Dreamweaver, could you post a screen of the Najena’s Staff of War?

This game update is FIRE!!!!
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Morprulz New Member

Fourth. Please tell me then that Sol's Eye is a candy-shop of salvageable weapons, because the biggest hurdle to actually using these items will be weapon essences for upgrading them.[/quote]

It literally will only take less than a week of running the BoL solo zones to get enough essences to level weapons. I've leveled 2 other weapons on the same toon just running the solos and then using the essences to upgrade. Working on my 3rd two hander now. Yeah it sucks running the solos over and over but this is evergrind.......I mean everquest :)
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Kinslayer New Member

Can you share any information about the heroic zone(s) and/or weapons? Are the same available from heroic? Drops or quest-earnt/rewarded?

Looking forward to revisiting both zones!
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Fervor to professional spells does almost nothing for pet classes. As it does not effect pets of anykind and all our non assention spells do negigable damage.
    Cassta likes this.
  20. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll be useful in those first few solo quests.
    Cassta likes this.