How Can I LFG If I Can't Type To The General Chats?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Nazy, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Nazy Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    So I'm a FTP who can't type to the world chats. I recently accidentally created a level 100 Warden when trying to make a level 1 Warden, but I'm keeping the level 100. I want to do some grouping, but can't because my usual group is still level 75ish. So I want to find a pick-up group.
    How can I find a group of I can't type LFG in the chat? Or can I just not LFG?
    Thanks in advance for any replies!
  2. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

You can use the LFG menu i believe, but its rare to see anyone use it, Even with the world chat its also pretty rare to find groupings for that level. If your not in a guild already you might be able to find one with enough varied levels to group with.
    Nazy likes this.
  3. Nazy Well-Known Member

Ok thanks! Someone in my guild said I could talk to the LFG channel?
  4. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

i wasnt actually aware FTP couldnt talk in world chats tbh o_O have you checked your chat textbox options and have LFG to show in any of them? it could be your sending messages but not seeing replies.
    Nazy likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

LFG is a world channel.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

I'm going to test it today
  7. Nazy Well-Known Member

So, I could use the /lfg, but it seems no one uses that. I'd like to send a message to the world LFG channels, but can't. How do I find a group then?
  8. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

mmm i seem to think you can still /tell people but FTP players do have it fairly rough with freedoms in the game. if you find a good guild or group of peoples they might have a discord you can join and communicate that way? maybe the official eq2 dicord if they have one.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Way back in the day, you could pay $10 one time to permanently unlock in-game chats and marketplace gifting. Where as a full subscription was Gold, this $10 option was called Silver. Someone deemed it "too confusing" and got rid of it. To this day, F2P players struggle to participate in the game, regardless of how much they might otherwise spend on the marketplace.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

The game isn't really designed to be played F2P. It's supposed to be a way to test it out before you subscribe. If you don't intend to subscribe, the only choices you have are to join a guild (you can use guild chat) or focus on solo play.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  11. Nazy Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the information.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

FTP was designed to offer a taste of what the game could offer, and was supposed to allow you to wander in the world and see if you like the feel of it. It was never supposed to be a way to play, only a way to grab your attention.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.