Too Many Characters error (Bug?)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jbc1948, Aug 12, 2020.

1. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Right now in Halls of Fate people are getting the Error message that they have too many characters when they switch toons.When the sign in box pops up it just keeps trying to log in to server #1
    Tkia, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Aaak like this.
  2. Krizani Active Member

Same thing on Skyfire. I also posted a thread on Players Helping Players section.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Khalendros New Member

Aye, happening to me, too, on Skyfire.
  4. Rosebelle Member

Same for me on AB.

Edit: I can select my characters from character select but not by camp to character or by the launcher.
  5. Aaak New Member

im having the same thing happen on skyfire.is this a horrible fix to the "this account is in use" problem?
  6. Krizani Active Member

I just used Rosebelle's tip about going through the character select and it worked like a charm. Thanks!:)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! Ooh, I hope that isn't a persistent bug/"it's not a bug, it's now a feature! Isn't that lovely? Hmm? :D", 'cause I have way "too many characters" by any standard, the grand majority of which I paid good money for. ;->

And I'm firmly convinced, out of all the years I've gotten the stupid thing's error (mostly on EU [I'm based in the US]), that "login server #1" doesn't actually exist, that it's just a placeholder for "we can't connect, and we don't know why, but it's probably your fault, o user" excuses. Whatever it actually is, it's infuriating. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I get that problem too, on occasion, usually on Thurgadin. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Login server #1 is simply the first login server in the rotation that the client tries to connect to. And in the case of the Test and EU regions it's the only server in the rotation so if it can't connect to that you're SOL. And even in the US region last time I tested the server list seemed to be down to 3 from the original 10.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, that explains it... X-P

And it could be that the reduction in servers had much to do with The Great Consolidation; on the other hand, at least now there's a lot fewer servers to run through before the stupid thing finally just shrugs, gives up, and lets you know your quest to get in and play is fruitless. X-P

Uwk