NEW TLE server comming next month?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by eq2vet, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

AB is Antonia Bayle, a Live server. Yes, if a new TLE comes along, you will be starting from scratch. Everyone will.

Every TLE before has made it to about Destiny of Velious expansion before essentially being replaced or at least it's successor being announced. Which I find kind of ironic, because a lot of the problems that TLE has had in the past (itemization for example), aren't nearly as pronounced post-DoV, owing to the subsequent expansions being based on the modern stat mechanics from the outset. Either way, the current server is on Rise of Kunark, so if history repeats, you're looking at about another 7-8 months on Kaladim before the next one is announced.
    Schmetterling and ekkonox like this.
  2. Nilyana Active Member

AB is a live server, yes. When a TLE server ends, everyone must transfer to one of the live servers, or they are automatically put onto Antonia Bayle (usually). So no one completely loses a character they worked on, they aren't deleted. If they start a new TLE, it's a completely fresh server and anyone who wants to play there must start a new character.

Most of the TLE servers die around... uh, Sentinel's Fate/Velious expansions, somewhere between there, which Kaladim is approaching.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Stormhold server launched July 2015
    Fallen Gate server launched June 2017
    Kaladim server launched March 2019

I would be surprised to see another TLE server announced before the live server expansion release, which is normally in November.
  4. Nilyana Active Member

So if the pattern follows, they might announce one spring next year. I suppose it is also possible they might try to put one out for the anniversary event in November, but IMO, I do think spring is more likely if they plan to open a new one (and I'm sure they will at some point).
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

There'll for sure be another TLE eventually. If they do anything in November I'd guess it would be an event server rather than a TLE.

It's a shame we don't have the numbers to run more than one TLE simultaneously, like EQ1 has.
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I think DP might be sitting in a comfortable spot if they can get away with dragging their one EQ2 TLE server through the mud.
    This is the 3rd TLE and it's the worst one we have had yet in terms of itemization. How is that even possible?

This server would be very healthy and maybe even eventually have the population to support two servers if they fixed a couple of important things. Working on itemization more personally and not having a bot randomly screw everything up. Secondly fixing classes and or raid mechanics so classes that see little to no play are once again viable (Assassin, Ranger, Conjurer)
  7. Elskidorr Active Member

They wasted the first 8 months of Kaladim. If they do another one, either do one month a piece in classic and DoF, or start directly in KoS. Hopefully they won't make another tle until 2222 though.
    Fikkif and Mountbatten like this.
  8. doodel New Member

I'm sure this is wishing for the moon, but maybe fix the TLE drops so people aren't getting Master rank Channeler and Beastlord books when those classes aren't even enabled on the server.
    Fikkif likes this.
  9. Krov Active Member

I want to know if the stat system or combat system is going to use the current itemization or if you are going to redo it once again, so we have the same fiasco every single tle has had .... or if you are going to keep the current itemization and only tweak the handful of items that need to be adjusted and start working on content past where you kill off the server so we have a chance to take a scratch server through all the expansions?
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think those spell scrolls for Beastlord and Channler are a minor problem and rather than chancing more damage than good
    I would not bother taking them out , just transmute them .
    Mountbatten likes this.
  11. Kurth Member

I'd be more interested if they ditch the stupid Primary/Secondary attributes and make it an RPG again.
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

The only way to extend the longevity of a TLE is to not treat all expansions equally. Each expansion does not need to have the same time frame. Vanilla and DoF should never be 4 months long, maybe 2 months maximum. Shorten the expansions that have little content, keep or extend the time frame of expansions that have more content. Unless they would be willing to start a server that skips Vanilla and DoF, but I doubt that.
  13. Elskidorr Active Member

KoS would be a good starting point. EoF even better, but I agree. The XP for Kaladim is a step in the right direction as it didn't turn people away at the gate but too long in dull eras was not the brightest idea. Itemization is a different matter altogether, but Kaladim is a pretty fun server currently. It just took awhile to get there.
    Mountbatten likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

many people asked for a longer time for each expansion , not everybody just power levels to the end game so they can raid .
    there is only so much raiding you can do ,and than people say there is only little content .
    I am still finding hidden quests now .
    The game is called Everquest , not Everraid , or Evergrind .
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  15. Elskidorr Active Member

Nah, not just raiders. I'm not raiding. But with their current system of recycling TLEs every 2 years, wasting nearly a year before the game is in better eras is just terrible. Sure, bring out longer expansions, just not in the early game.

Their method also guarantees there's no progression after SF/DoV. If they repeat what they've been doing, this one won't even make it to DoV, which would be very disappointing.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes Elskidorr that is right , I wished we could begin at a later expansion , get a choice if you want to begin at level 0 or lets say
    level 60 or 70 depending at what expansion we start , similar to what is done on Rivervale and kind of what they did with one Event server on EQ1 where everybody began at level 50 .
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Kurth Member

[quote="Elskidorr, post: 6625244, member: 704952"The XP for Kaladim is a step in the right direction as it didn't turn people away at the gate[/quote]

A baby step in the right direction there was still full guilds of 50s by the end of the first week and by the end of the first month everyone had 3 level 50s. The leveling speed needs to be dropped DRASTICALLY, you know, to the levels it was at the actual launch of the game maybe?
  18. Elskidorr Active Member

They tried that and population dropped ridiculously fast. Fallen Gate XP was xp potion cash grab stupid and though some didn't mind it, or blink an eye in 2004, most won't tolerate that grind for more than a few weeks.
  19. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It will never be the same, most people on TLE have been through all this content multiple times before. You no longer have a casual majority when it comes to TLE. Most people want to raid and do end game content and so when an expansion with little content lasts too long, you lose a lot of players.
  20. Fikkif Member

Yep. I said this a long time ago. Change the way the expansions work and release. Some need more time, some need less.