NEGATIVE Hate Gain on items for Fighters??

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this in the threads (and if it is, my apologies for my blindness... :oops:), but I've been noticing negative Hate Gain in red numbers on the more recent gear I've been getting. I can completely understand that for Caster types, but FIGHTERS?! Isn't that the JOB of Fighter-types for raids, ordinary parties, etc.? To hold aggro? It's distracting enough when a Caster (or even Scout) of mine is going toe to toe in a solo instance (as in the holiday ones, for example) with a mob when I get the surprising notice of "No eligible opponent." (Excuse me?? THE ONE I'VE BEEN FIGHTING, and is still trying to rip my skin off? That one??), which, I presume, is as a result of the new neg's. popping up all over the place, but it's even less expected for a Fighter. >:-/

EDIT: Hmm. Is this only on CRAFTED items that we can make...?

Uwk
    Nazy likes this.
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

My group's Shadowknight tank HATES the minus have gain stuff. He's always complaining that my Ranger is ranking.
    There's always chest items with negative hate gain the Fighters use, of course. (Don't take them... Scouts want them too)
    The no eligible target seems to be a glitch. In some instances, I can't target some mobs but another group member could.
    Gonna have to look into this but... Do some mobs force you to change targets? That could be why.
    Anytime,
    Nazyalensky 58ish Fae Ranger
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

here was the link (by Ryoga): https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/negative-hate-gain.595402/#post-6617921
    edit: and yes, for my toons it only on "crafted" items
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This was first noticed in the Tinkerfest We Can Rebuild quest, the "get the King's Parts from the 'dream foes' for the nasty li'l Dream Figment dude that's actually Meldrath [whoops, spoilers...]," where if you're lucky and as paranoid as I am, you're only facing one of those yellow ^^ dudes at a time (these days, I've taken to Stealthing/Invis, eliminating the minotaurs wandering around first, then going back and tackling the scary ones one at a time). So, if I wanted to keep the gear repair costs down to a minimum (ask me about what happened when I tried to Coerce the Adventurous Scout... :D), I only went after one target in any given encounter, and was still getting that "No eligible target." rubbish, which I can only ascribe to the negative hate gain nonsense. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.