Returning Home....sort of

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Fynric, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Fynric New Member

Hello fellow adventurers,

I left EQ2 in Mar. 2015 from the Guk server and boy have I missed a lot. I used to to adventuring and raiding in an awesome Guild, and all of my chars are 100+ raid gear.

I have returned to EQ2 because I just couldn't deny the sweet, sweet call of adventuring and community. I have purchased my all access and the base Blood of Luclin expansion. Now, I have no idea what to do or how to do it. Do I remember much from 5 years ago? Sort of, but so much has changed, and as age creeps up on me, it seems things go by the way side little by little.

I'm looking for someone willing to help an old raider/adventurer, and old guy get up and rolling again with all the new stuff ( understanding it ).

1. I have read the New comers thread
    2. What is important now for characters and items as far as stats
    3. What is important now for the different classes as far as stats
    4. Any. any, any help would be so much appreciated

I'm on the Isle of Refuge server, and am willing to host anyone willing to help an old player get back in fighting shape in a Discoed channel.

I appreciate you taking the time to even read this. I am really, really appreciative for any help.

Thank you
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd say the first thing you should do is find a new server. IoR is pretty much only used by people to buy non-tradeable stuff and go back to their home server. There are people on IoR, but they are mostly there to farm the stuff that they then sell to the other people. I'm skeptical that you're going to find a helpful guild there and joining a helpful guild is the best way to get back into the game.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

What Dude said. Most people left IoR about a year after the TLE Server Fallen Gate gutted the population. We still have an empty max level guildhall over there. Hoping for an IoR / AB merge in the future...though nothing has really been said about that.
    Breanna likes this.