Jadeite Medallion: Alternate method to earn these?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

These boards and discord have covered the costs of the celestial mount in numerous threads, excess of $1600.00 USD is absurd. That is the cost of a average monthly mortgage / rent for a pixelated game piece.

Why has there not been a realistic alternate method of earning these coins entered into the game? And I don't mean waiting till the fall when the mount will only be useful for a few months till the new expansion is released. Not to mention the measly few coins from the weekly overseers. Many players new and old have excess of current content, heroic and or raid coins that we have little to no use for. Why can't these be utilized for a 1:1 ratio exchange?

With the only option to earn the coins to purchase the crates is pretty money grabbing by DarkPaw. Its a business sure, but the amount of coins needed to make the purchase should be decreased to 1000 or less. Or allow players to exchange excess game currency for the coins.
    Beee and Cassta like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

so new players should be even further disadvantaged?
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Seth Well-Known Member

Because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Finnya, Cassta and Arclite like this.
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

As pointed out the mount becomes worth less and less as the expansion nears. Assuming that as usual the new expansion makes it obsolete.

The obvious things to do are to (1) reduce the cost of the mount to reflect its more limited period of value, and (2) add a few other non-cosmetic items that can be bought for a lot less than the current cost of the mount. Right now any currency we get from boxes is useless if we aren't buying a boatload of boxes to get the mount. I for one would buy more if there were things to purchase for a much more reasonable amount of currency.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I wonder if the next mount will be available to buy with jadeite medallions, or if Micrus Deathband will be added to the merchant with the next season of crates. Or, and by god I hope not, there will be a different type of currency in the next season of crates. I think that'd break some people.
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Zell Member

step one: Jadeite Medallion

step two: ????

step three: Profit
    Finnya and Cassta like this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

7000 Jadeite Medaillion for Ergott, Cerulean Terror or Micrus Deathband is just crazy

I dont know how many Hertige Crate I opened, but I will never have enough of these $$$ coins for getting one or both of these.

If Daybreak takes 700 (1/10th of them).. I could get them for alts
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think you're making the mistake of believing that DBG wants everyone and their alts to be able to purchase these. They want them rare, and as a carrot to hold out to entice you to pay for more crates.

Since we're changing from one weekly quest that rewards 2 crates (instead we'll have seven daily quests that each reward a single crate) it will become easier to obtain Jadeite Medallions.

But REALLY, don't spaz about this. We have a new expansion coming in the late fall, and I guarantee that there will be stuff in that expansion that is much better than the mount or the merc, or heck, even ethereals. Don't make yourself miserable if you can't get that stuff, because there will always be something bigger and/or better around the next corner.
    Finnya, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Sadly exact this a a reason why at least 4 of my raidmembers quit EQ2
    Cassta likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sadly, there will be more. Let me get this straight. We now pay 72 jadeite medallions for a piece of eye candy armor that was previously dropping for free and most of us have enough if we even kept them to equip a veritable army? Someone has seriously taken leave of their senses.
    Finnya and Cassta like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

I still think 7000 Medaillons is much too expensive
    Finnya, Cassta and Hartsmith like this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Let's calculate average 120 Jadeite Medaillions each Blood Ember Heritage Bunde (20 pack) for 2862 DBC or 20 days overseer quests

7000 Medaillions for mercenary or mount this means 160.272 DBC or 3 years e quest each day

Sorry this is just a stupid amount and not rare or a carrot. just a dungheap in front of your nose.
    You cant get the merc or the mount out of a heritage chest, you can only buy them for 1600 USD each :mad:
    Cassta, Hartsmith, MSMS and 1 other person like this.
  13. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

i agree to beee 7000 of those coins is a joke or a massive Math Failure.
    I Play EQ2 7 Years now and we never had so much P2W here since the PoP Expa came out.
    KA was the Last Expansion were a player who bought the Standart pack was able to rais up his Toons by him // her self if playing the Game.
    In CD we got more and More P2W and the Final Hit of the Peak we got in Bol first as a DD your forced to buy the CE Expack Edition for only being able to go heroics otherwise your lost and downgraded on Tourist Status.:eek::mad::(
    On other Classes as well.
    All players who only bought standart are totaly lost and never able to reach a respective stat level.:eek::eek:

And the most disapointing thing is the Chest inflation we have nearly every quater of the year we get a new Collor with new stuff and one item of BIS Must have for every Highlevel Respective Player, same f"""K on the Familiars.:mad::mad:
    Without having the Seasons 7 Celestial which has more than 1000 CB overcap more then the level 10 Familiar out of the CE Expansion Pack.

More and more Players quit game because they are never able to get thier toons on Playable Stats for Heroic or Raid if only play the game and not invest 1000€ per Expansion for PLAY a Game A GAME!!!:confused::mad:
    The Point of No Return is not so FAR DB its your job to prevent the lights out here.

I lost many friends in Game, because of your P2W politics and i am not sure about buy next EXPA CE Edition.:oops:
    EQ2 was a game long long times ago everyone who invest time and a bit money beside the Membership was able to play all content and thier wasnt Items to buy wich are game releveant, thier were things in shop for style or a bit boost for TS things or some XP Potions all fine but thier shouldnt be stuff to buy which is lifting player who have much more money than an other in the air and left the rest back on the ground.
    This will create a 2 Class style of gaming wich is unwanted here we dont need a money sourced Elite here EQ2 was a game which was based on Knowlage and Skill it never needed so much P2W as we have now and it ruins the Playerbase and in final the Game.:(

And thier is no reason to see for us how the amaount of money is used you earn, yes the employes of DB and DPG need to be payed with money but if our money isnt used to return us new Content like EQ1 get and new QUESTS and Timelines or beside Storys.
    The Last expansion in my Eays we had a fastsinating story was Tears or Veeshan or maybe Altar of Malice after this except ToT Expa we got only reheated stuff from EQ1.

My Heartbound Mate will Quit game on only F2P end of the year my Main is married to her like 6 Years now and its not only a nice toon leaving Game its a Person to which will be missed on our Guild // Force and Me so stop this P2W your realy close to a big hole i woulkd say tow steps away from falling down very deep if go on this way.

Helfiren
    Cassta and Beee like this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

No idea why they do not see the failure of the 2x7000 Jadeite Medailions items.

I know 3 players who quit in the last weeks because of this - very sad

This feature is not $$$$ it's ******** (have so * the word so i will not be banned)
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The thing is, they don't want everyone to have these things. They are available as a carrot to encourage you to keep trying via the Overseers or buying in the Marketplace. Consider them aspirational prizes.

The more powerful a thing is, the fewer of them they really want in game. There's a reason for that: when you get overgeared, all the content becomes boring as all get out and people stop playing.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

NO - You cant get the Mount from overseer and the only way is buying it for ~160.000 DBC
    NO - You have to be extreme lucky to get the Mercenary from daily overseer quest or you have to buy for ~160.000 DBC

THIS is very bad design not a carrot

If you should get it about a 1% chance from overseer quest we should be able to get it after doing 200 crates from quests for Jadeite Medailion of around 600 Medaillions not for 1600 USD for each of them
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Just wait for the next expansion. I think the next Collector Edition mount will match or exceed Ergott, Ceruluean Terror. Premium Edition mount will probably blow it out of the water.
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If it does, that will definitely set an expectation that the P2W products have about a year shelf-life. Not sure what that will do for sales.
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

I think so too - another reason why it's a bad you need 7000 Jadeite Medailions or 1600 USD for the Mercenary or the Mount at the end of the expansion
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I posted in General that Ergott owners should receive a special ground/air speed buff (200% to both),

They shifted the Singing Steel and Blood Ember rewards to special buffs.
    Cassta likes this.