Personal Avatar Merc

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilnok, May 24, 2018.

1. Evilnok Active Member

how do we even hire this new merc in PoM?...there is nothing in the GU that mentioned this at all
  2. Theodorn New Member

It says on the coin you get,the merc is close to the spire where you zone in. Once you use the coin the merc shows with the merc tab above it
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

What coin?
  4. Myala New Member

The coin came with the free lvl 100 heroic toon!
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Thank you!
    I hadn't created the free one yet.
  6. Myala New Member

You can also buy the coin for 1000DB
    Pixistik likes this.
  7. Aelfan Active Member

What actually *is* a Personal Avatar mercenary anyway?
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It's a merc that looks like you (well, your character).
  9. Redlight Well-Known Member

Is it just cosmetic or does it mirror you stats etc?
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's just an inquisitor merc that looks like you
  11. Tocino the Troubadour Active Member

Do you need to be a certain level to use this merc? I paid 1000DB, went to Spires and I hail the merc but nothing happens. My toon is a level 29 Ranger.
  12. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I am going to guess because it was originally part of that combo with a level 100 heroic boost that you have to be level 100. Can anyone confirm that, please?
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Did you consume the merc token?
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Obano Well-Known Member

Daybreak should release/sell Personal Avatar 2.0 with modern stats and buff packages. The original is way to obsolete to bother getting or leveling.
    Argosunited likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Pre-100 mercs are OP kill bots.

Post-100 mercs are only good as heal bots.
  16. Tierisch Well-Known Member

So I just went up there after buying the merc and used the token, i.e. signed the contract and and nothing happened for a while.. I stood there, talked to him several times: "can you see me" - "see who"...
    Then I wandered off, picked up a shiny and went back and clicked on him and lo and behold suddenly he turned into me.. now I can talk to him .. level 10 toon btw.
    However, you have to be quick to hire him/her or they go back to the same behavior again until they change into you.. Not sure if this is intentional or a glitch, but a little frustrating after you just spent RL money to buy him/her, and you think you can't hire them after all.
    So I don't know if me running around a bit did it or if it took a while for things to go through the server or he takes some time to imitate you, but you CAN hire him/her at least as low as level 10.
    Dude likes this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

You might want to put this in the bug section, including your steps to reproduce it. Doesn't mean it'll get fixed, but it's something that should be recorded there.
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Well I am not positive it is a bug. Might just be his quirky personality =)
  19. Linus Member

I know this is a really old post I'm quoting, but it's the most relevant in this thread. Can anyone confirm which level 100 bauble I have to get to have the merc coin show up? From the location, I'd guess the PoP: Level 100 boost, but there are 2 others in my claim window as well. ("Level 100 Boost" and "Proving Grounds Level 100 Boost")
  20. elflover Well-Known Member

I want to say it was a free lv100 boost if you logged in during certain dates, which they have done before and with gifts , was a limited time claim.