Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Thordalf Developer

Hi everyone,

The team and I wanted to get your feedback on another feature of the game. This time we're looking for your thoughts and ideas on the in-game Marketplace.

Some questions you can ask yourself are:
    • Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    • Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
    • Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    • Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
    We may be asking for feedback with other systems in the future, so please keep your feedback and suggestions limited to the Marketplace. Also note, not all suggestions will be implemented into the game, and remember to keep in mind technical limitations and scope of work to accomplish such suggestions. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions you’re willing to give! The team and I value all of your feedback.

- Thordalf
    Juull, Soara2, Toven and 6 others like this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I use it often and mostly window shop, saving my cash for sales and/or stuff I really need at the moment.

it's easy to find for me, command /marketplace usually does it

one suggestion or feature I have is open the elusive Vault, there is really no reason why stuff should be vaulted never to return, the least you can do is make Vault permanent tab and rotate things in it much like seasonal/holiday items,

organization can use improvement, but adding search field already helped a lot

thanks for even asking us how to improve it
    Toven, Juraiya, Almee and 9 others like this.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

yes
  4. LizardKin New Member

Back when the Player Studio was a thing, there were alot of great player-designed items. Bring that back, it was a great outlet for creative folks, and added excellent new decoration options for housing.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

as far as I know and can see all the player studio items are still on marketplace

do you know of some that are not there?
    Moonpanther, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  6. dorotea Well-Known Member

1. Consider having some sales. You may not want sales 24/7 the way it works in LOTRO (where, of course, Daybreak is the Producer) but EQ2 has had one sale I remember over more than a year since I came back. A tiny discount on familiars only. Meaning nothing whatever on servers without familiars. You often highlight particular items in the store but they are never even a tiny amount off.

2. Consider giving some benefit for cumulative volume of purchases. In Rift the more you spent more bonuses were unlocked. It actually served as a strong inducement to spend more.

3. The anniversary package has been the same for quite a while. I know - since the anniversary. A new package might encourage people to buy - people that don't want to buy the same package again even if they have characters that could use it.
    Moonpanther, Moonfyre, Almee and 8 others like this.
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

1. Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
      ➔I only use it when I have DBC from the sub nowadays.
    2. Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
      ➔It could be improved, have a look at other games with their marketplace UI's and do a comparison.
    3. Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
      ➔A frequently purchased item area where it shows items you have previously purchased with frequency and time displaced order (stuff that you have purchased recently in number will be higher than say 10 items you bought 3 months ago)
    4. Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
      ➔Yes, it pops up on logon and also can be found in the EQ2 bar.
    Toven, Almee, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  8. damaahra Member

maybe add the option to purchase the collector's edition craftable items? I know of several decorators who came to the game after the items were included in the sale box who would love to get their hands on items like the city of mist, etc.
    Toven, Almee, Adoration and 7 others like this.
  9. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Two suggestions. 1.) It would be most helpful to have some Search function for which RECIPES make what items. I have tried to search for this but don't really know how. Would be a great boon to have a search system for this.

2.) Just to jazz things up a little how about some Grab Bags where a selection of prizes is possible - say 6 possible outcomes - but it's a roll of the dice as to which item you get. You could make neat items like musical instruments, music boxes, other interactive type stuff maybe.

Which brings to mind a third suggestion/request

3.) Could you please FIX TEMPLE STREET FM & make it really play music as it's supposed to but doesn't? It is such a great item visually & I've been in contact with Help Function on why it has NO SOUND but no satisfaction so far forthcoming. And yet I don't give up because I love the looks of Temple Street FM.

I realize the third request is outside of the scope of changing the Marketplace since Temple Street FM is actually an item you buy on EQ Marketplace. Perhaps I'll ask about it separately as well.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Although not directly related to the Marketplace, what I would like to see is some form of currency consolidation. I've got thousands of dungeon maker coins, but guess what, there's nothing available to spend it on. There was an attempt to try that years ago with a gob merchant for currency consolidation, but that was a useless form of currency to trade for. Now, it's scroll through currency to find the coins. Having a standard currency for Norrath would be wonderful.
    Toven, Almee, Robynous and 7 others like this.
  11. Roadkillusa Active Member

I do use it from time to time but only purchase cheaper stuff anymore. I already am paying a membership and probably would use it more if members got 50% off instead of the 20% Realistically this can be done since its virtual items and no inventory is needed.
    Almee, Robynous, Griffon Lady and 3 others like this.
  12. Spookypatrol Member

1. I use the Marketplace occasionally, but not terribly often. When I do I focus mostly on mounts, familiars, fluff pets, and other similar cosmetics, but I rarely buy since most things are out of my price range and there are very, very infrequent sales so I tend to try to save up for when there are. I don't really feel the members' discount very much, if I'm being honest. The other day I had ~700 leftover dbc from various previous purchases and the discount wasn't enough to get me a single merc crate; I was why by a flustering 12dbc. The pricing can get a bit odd sometimes, but I don't know if that's an issue with the base cost or the discounts just not really being all that exciting. *shrug*

I've also not been checking in as often because there doesn't tend to be a whole lot of new stuff being rotated into the marketplace nowadays, at least that I've noticed.

2. The user interface is for the most part fine; I haven't had too much trouble finding what I've been looking for, personally. The only places that feel a bit redundant or clunky for me are some of the cosmetic sortings for cosmetic armor, where you have separate sections for helmets and such that end up getting those few unrelated items a bit lost, but I'm not sure if there's a better way to really sort any of it. Some of the mount sorting where some mount types get special categories (ie pegasi or wings) but others don't (ie dragons) is a bit bizarre, too, but I don't think it hurts anything necessarily, just a bit specific when other types don't get that specification, too. Again, I'm not sure if there's really a better way to go about sorting those categories and it's not a huge deal either way, just relaying my thoughts on navigating the market.

3. As for features, it's less about features and more about just more frequent updates (be that new objects or sales, etc). I do also agree that some form of currency consolidation or conversion would be convenient and helpful. Beyond that, maybe some preference polls...? Maybe implement some way to let the community vote on things they'd like to see on the marketplace (ie on a cosmetic theme, or on the next type of Merc crate, or the next sale, etc) directly through the marketplace window? I know you guys tend to try to get community feedback off of the forums, but the forums aren't that frequently haunted... I feel like a polling system from within the game might get more engagement.

4. Marketplace window is plenty easy to find. I've never had issues with that.

Hope this helps!
    Griffon Lady, Finnya and Cassta like this.
  13. Flipmode Member

My suggestion. Spend less time on the marketplace and more time fixing this game. Its long past time.
    Quiarrah, Juraiya, Robynous and 5 others like this.
  14. Darsch Member

please no to that loot box.
    Toven, Juraiya, Griffon Lady and 3 others like this.
  15. Darsch Member

I use the market place pretty frequently in both EQ2 and DCUO. I find it to be fine as is ui wise in eq2

What I would like to see is more new items, unvault the vaulted items, game vaults are just bad. sales the way ddo does it would be nice. Add previous expansions collector items to the marketplace, i would buy each and everyone as I missed out on a lot of expansions

Would not mind if a way to sort the marketplace by release date and price were to be added.
  16. Traesta Member

I agree, there are a lot of decorators who would love the option to be able to buy them. The houses would be a great addition as well but even if everyone could get the craftables it would be wonderful.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No pun intended I'm sure, considering the game has been unplayable for the last 4.5 hours, haha.
  18. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Add the recipes from CE editions, and maybe the prestige houses. There are quite a few I was unable to obtain at the time due to not playing, or just being too short on funds to invest in those things. I would love to be able to own some of the houses and craft a lot of the items.

Add revive items for a cost similar to the summoning stones.

Add the summoning stones from VP that allowed you to teleport TO someone.

Return the Vault, and the player-crafted items that are no longer in the shop. Too many things have disappeared into the Vault, that have not seen the Norrathian daylight in too long.

A re-organization of the Marketplace categories could be helpful. For example, all of the appearance gear is spread out in weird places. Building blocks tend to be a little bit scattered too. Things that re-direct to the website for purchase could all be in one location.

Add, or return some of the fluff pets appearances (perhaps even as house items!), and petamorph wands. Several have disappeared over the years.
  19. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

• Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    Not often. In all honesty, the items offered are stale. Maybe 3-5 times per year.

• Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
    For the most part. I don't currently have any suggested feedback.

• Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    Just more stuff - Unique mounts, costumes, pets, new houses.
    • Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
    I have no issues with this.
    Finnya, WhysperWynde and Cassta like this.
  20. Xavion Well-Known Member

one thing i would love to see alot more of is cool new appearance armors and weapons. I would also love to see maybe cool particle effects,auras, weapon particle effects,etc just really cool unique things to make me stand out and feel cool the lack of real diversity in armor models and skins makes me sad when i look at how much more unique the armor is over in Wow for example then look at ours and its just the same 3 models of armor with a new skins. Maybe a emote pack as a new thing to buy so you can do like more fun stuff for roleplay or to look cool

few things id love to see
    • alot more variety of head appearance gear clay masks(like white porlcin asian kind),handkerchief kind of masks, variety of glasses,cool glowy eye particle effects, bushy beards,mustaches,huge hair wigs,goofy teeth,facial piercings
    • scars and tattoos as maybe a buyable unlockable create a character option
    • oriental sandals, regular sandals
    • fingerless gloves
    • more crazy apperance gear like chains wrapped around the wrists for bracers or tinkered limbs like robot arms or hands
    • more purple armor
    • prismatic rainbow armor that would be akin to the illusion essence you put on weapons where itd shift thru a soft rainbow hue of colors
    • spectral armor like how the mounts are where its all see thru and blue
    • more variety of scythes
    • a transformation pose/emote
    • a powering up pose/emote
    • a cross arms waiting pose/emote
    • alot more variety of sitting in chairs poses plz would love a hands on arm rests kind of pose or laid back reclined pose
    • more goofy gag temp use items
    • more secret doors and maybe addin secret trap doors