Tinkerfest 2020 on Test

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

So much is going on right now with Scorched Sky live, double ethereal coins running on live servers, medical mess getting messier (more on that next week on my sites), and now Tinkerfest on Test. I only have the eye-candy up at the moment, and will flesh out the article later once deal with some other things. Here you go: Tinkerfest 2020
    Ocarinah, Carynn, Terryberry and 4 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nice, thank you Denmum!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another holiday...? X-P

Good news: new recipe books for the holiday house swap! :D

Thanks, Mum! :)

EDIT: OOOOOOHH!! Hammered Copper building blocks! :D "IT MUST BE MINE!! :D"

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you so much again DenMum! You are just a truly amazing person!!!!!!!
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just as a quick FYI, those annoying fireworks will no longer be part of the loot options for the purple shiny collections, making the event shinies more shiny! (You'll still be able to buy the fireworks cheaply, but not longer be filling up your bags with the fireworks when you're out snagging shinies.)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! :D

Thank you, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Thank you so much , the new items are super cute. "Steampunk" clockwork and tinkerfest has always been one of my favorites. In EQ1 I was always playing in Ak'Anon and those monitor tunnels where the clockwork spiders are. I really loved the small details in all those secret places, tunnels, and the artwork most.

RL: "why are you late for the raid?!"
    -"ummm I was...(on an alt exploring) stuck in traffic?! :D:p
  8. dorotea Well-Known Member

Thank you Niami.

Ignorant question to anyone that cares to answer. Is Tinkerfest like the anniversary and Christmas events (and perhaps others) in terms of being exceptionally friendly to new crafters that want to skill-up rapidly? Meaning having recipes that are nominally high level (50, 60, 70 or even higher) but that a crafter can successfully complete at level 1 or 10 or 20 and therefore get very fast skill-ups especially with a potion also running.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, because alll the recipes (and there are LOTS!) are all Tinkering which skills up differently from your main crafting level. You could technically use them to skill up tinkering but you'd have to harvest a tom of cogs first so that's easier done with normal tinkering recipes on a Simple workbench.

As it's still the 21st go to the Darklight Mushroom grotto and spend the evening making root beer for some fast levelling. And there are similar quests in the Gfay and Nek grottos - take your pick.
  10. dorotea Well-Known Member

11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, imho levelling the "secondary skills" (Tinkering, Adorning, Transmuting) is a blinkin' nightmare. What I've always done to kick up my Tinkering to 25 (the minimum skill to scribe the recipe books, aka Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0->12.0 now) is look at the recipes from Erollisi Day and make TONS of Gold and Silver Mechanosynthetic (sp.?) Roses and the big house item "diamond rings" (the official name of which I can't recall atm), since you have a chance (often slim) of kicking up your Tinkering with those. Once you get it up to, say, 5, you can start buying regular tinkering recipes and making TONS of those, hoping in vain (usually) to get some skill-ups. You can also do daily tinkering quests; there's usually a dude in every major player city offering those, but it's aggravating; you have to make 10 tinkered things per day (he has a specific request), and you're lucky to get 6-7 skill-ups, maybe. X-P

Once I hit 25, I really don't care about what level I am after that unless I'm deliberately focusing on Tinkering. :-/

EDIT: You don't have to be at Tinkering 5 to start using the first Tinkering recipe books; you can start at like 1, but I think the sheer desire of wanting to be trained in it (talk to a Tinkering Trainer) automatically gets you to 5 right off? It's been awhile...

Uwk
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes it does. Talk to the trainer, buy the first couple of blueprints and then keep making the highest recipe you have the harvests for on a simple workbench until you have the skill level to scribe the next book. Rinse and repeat. You should be able to get those 20 points in about 10 minutes and max out to 500 in about 2 hours.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I do the daily tinkering/transmuting/adorning dailies as often as I can. All three take me five minutes or less, and I often get two tradeskill levels on low level toons. Do the tinkering and adorning on a simple workbench, as they only need the first line completed to count.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, that Simple Workbench First Line thing still counts? But, you're not making anything other than the Coal you're using as fuel, I thought... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Not on the dailies! ;)
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

And not on normal recipes. You just don't get the max quantity if the recipe gives multiples and you don't get as much of your material back. So it's a choice - use simple and get skillups faster or go the whole 4 bars on elaborate and get more product for less materials.