Quiting TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by EPICNYGHT, Jul 15, 2020.

1. EPICNYGHT Goldmember "I got the Midas Touch"

I get that tanks were to beefy okay so dumb down the stats on the tank gear, but to open RoK and have every tank on the server go and gear themselves with the gear you provided only for you to then decide in a few weeks that you want to remove all the tanks stats from my gear so that i have to re gear entirely is ridiculous...you could have dumbed down the stats and been done but to remove the stats from my gear, dumb them down, AND put them on different gear so that i have to regear everything is just ridiculous! The gear that was the tankiest before the update should still be tank gear with dumbed down stats ...should not have changed it to offensive gear....I miss sony...i may be a little repetitive but had to say in different ways to make sure you could understand,,,DBG dosent seem to bright to me rn
  2. Kotter Legendary Member

would you consider re gearing content?
  3. Naneeje Well-Known Member

They are looking at it and we will most likely get it fixed. They accidentally went too far.
    I think it was just a quick mistake that can be fixed in the next week.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  4. strabs New Member

You dont know if they are going to fix it your guessing at best or hoping like the rest off us.
    And i would like to say what if players have not been keeing the gear and have now gotten new item to replace the broken ones.
    Or you could find your self in a place like i am where the gear you had was best in slot out side off raiding and i muted every thing of no worth only to now need items that are now gone to me.
    Which is why a mass nerfing 3 weeks in was a real ****** thing to do.Some thing like this can only be done at the start or end off an xpack.

But thats ok may another week before they fix it naneeje wont be much off this xpack left if this keeps going on yes.
  5. Milksteak New Member

I am on board with the spirit of these nerfs. I think there should be a very distinct upgrade from loot off of dungeon bosses as compared to open world single up arrow mobs or collection items, and a very distinct upgrade moving into raid gear. I also think characters in general had a higher than expected relative power to monsters. What I just can't understand is how they executed the changes and didn't notice how poorly the general itemization was afterwards.

It is very difficult to find pugs now because nobody wants to play a tank anymore. Clearly content is still possible based on the spam of mythic epic updates last night. From talking to some it is a very similar response to the post above - they basically have to completely regear their characters and if you're a hardcore player in a big guild that may be not a huge deal. But to anyone casual to semi casual its just a massive pita that many are choosing to just not do. I have an 80 fury and 80 SK and I basically just put the SK in mothballs because I don't feel like dealing with it.

I am going to try and be patient and hope a fix comes soon. The fix isn't making things the way they were again, the fix is changing about half of the plate with caster stats on it to tank gear. Just checking around some of the faction vendors (which by the way actually have decent gear if you haven't checked post nerf) and Danak, Bath, Siliss and a couple other ones I looked at had a plethora of plate gear with +spell skills with casting time or reuse, maybe some haste and dps/multi but I don't recall seeing a single item with + defensive skills and mitigation. Good time to be a temp/inquis I guess...
  6. Listad New Member

I don’t get all the fuss about tank gear being nerfed unless you’re actually MTing /OTing in raid. Heroic zones are still a cakewalk and I’m speaking from having a tank who’s geared with EoF gear. I can’t remember having bloated stats on gear when RoK launched in live. I think we can all agree things are a little easier now with gear/abilities/game changes.
  7. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that nobody wants to play a tank anymore, that's not it. Those of us who play tanks play them because we like the "helping others" aspect of the game.
    Tanks were scarce before this nerf, except for SK's. I don't know if you saw but a lot of SK's were getting their butts kicked in Chelsith, Maidens, and the end of Chardok. Not all, just more common.
    The content is still doable in current state with a few peices of tank gear missing for heroic content.
    The main issue is that we just need a few peices of mit/health that we can earn back so that we don't have to have 3 healers in the MT group to get past T1 raids. I have some good gear on my tank and i'm looking forward to Thuuga Sunday, but... I will be happy to replace a few peices with stats they were supposed to have. T3 Heroic should have 4 blue lines, and it only has 3. Fix this main issue and most tanks will be happy. (speaking for myself)
  8. Mingle Member

When you spend MONTHS with your guild raiding in EoF to gear up.. then 2 weeks playign EVERYDAY countless hours to gear up.. only to have it ALL stripped away and changed to offensive/spell skills .. no hp / mit or defensive skills...

Not to mention there is no way to REGAIN items that were transmuted/sold etc , especially from quests which are not REDOABLE .. then yea.. i dont blame any tank for not wanting to play anymore.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Punchie Member

Well, yes I lost health and mit...but I found some mit gear and made the best of it...just hoping it wasn't overlooked gear that will get hit this week. Anyway, they are taking a look at things. Hopefully people will stick around and wait to see what happens. Hey, we are used to this crap, SOE been doing it since like year 2.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

If you're happy wearing EoF gear for the entire expansion, then I guess you don't have any issue with these nerfs. The argument that "stuff dies so upgrades are not required" does not make for a very entertaining game. Imagine if there were no DPS upgrades, because we already do enough DPS to kill things.
  11. Mingle Member

I was only showing EoF gear as an example of how far back the nerfs go. I didnt plan on using EoF gear in this expansion.. i only wouldve like to REVERT to the gear i had after everything i had equipped was nerfed to spell skills and no defense/mit/hp.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Venser Active Member

Super ironic we have been saying there is no gear progression in raids since 2015 Stormhold TLE and everyone is finally saying something. When one guild, the top 1-2 complain about loot progression we were always told to put up and **** up because the TLE is for nostalgia. Now look, everyone is finally seeing the effects of lazy devs. Only took 5 years, maybe things will get better
    dirgenoobforreal and Dude like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

calm down dreamweaver said on Discord that they will try to fix it before the next maintenance .
    Don't transmute or sell your gear dreamweaver sais this was not intentional .
    the adjustment of the gear was only supposed to effect the faction vendor gear that was way overpowered , and not take of all the medigation and extra health stats .
    I am not playing on this server for nostalgia either , but because it just became to overwhelming to keep up with all the added
    stuff on live .
    Naneeje and Breanna like this.
  14. Bekkr Well-Known Member

lol
    Schmetterling and Dude like this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Do you know how many times over the last 5 years we have been told TLE itemization is being "Fixed"? Hell expansions were delayed for fixes that never came.

The adjustments were not suppose to just effect faction vendor gear. Did you even read Kander's post on the itemization changes?

What we have now was intentional, they are just bad at their jobs.
    dirgenoobforreal and Dude like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I do know Zenji , at least they are talking to us now , ( before we get really nasty and go to their office force feeding them stale
    donuts )
    Ok , ok there was almost no change to my gear , why hit Tanks so bad ? I don't get it .
    Yes we always had problems with itemization , but I don't think it ever was this wacky.
    But maybe I would not know , this is the first TLE I really got into raiding .
    Can't help myself , always trying to see the best in everybody .
    Naneeje and Breanna like this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

I blame you for the wacky itemization. After all, you gave them stale donuts! :rolleyes::D:p
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Dude WE did not do that yet , but maybe we also should switch their soda with vinegar and put ant colonies into their fuzzy
    slippers .
    Naneeje, Breanna and Dude like this.
  19. Alizth New Member

This is very simple, you had 6 blue stats , it need to get back to 3 or 4 , so since the loot base is too wide to be done manually , they remove the last 2 or 3 stats , and 90% of the time it was there you had max health and mitigation. So instead of removing dps stats on tank gear (which was too much i agree) , you remove the defensive stats on all the items, this means if you are a dps you only lost a little.

And since there is no tank stats anymore , the program convert the +def skill in +spell skill.

And for the item left in the game with max health or mitig they were 4 stats item which only one has been remove. This is why quest gear is still viable , but if you have done the quest before and xmute the item (because at that time it was not interesting), you are screwed.

Would have not happen if itemization nerf was done manually but would have require was too much work for the small force they are.
  20. eq2vet New Member

If you don't have the man power to do it right then why do it at all and screw it up?;)
    Schmetterling and Kittik like this.