Necro?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Leloes, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Evil? Why?
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

because a good necro is a conjurer ;)
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

I guess....kinda doesn't make sense to me but okay.....
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

"necromancy - the use of magic powers especially for evil purposes" https://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/necromancy
    "any man or woman who makes use of spirits, or who is a wonder-worker, is to be put to death: they are to be stoned with stones: their blood will be on them"
    book of leviticus 20:27 (within meaning of, in original translations of hebrew bible - "who makes deads summon")https://www.studylight.org/bible/bbe/leviticus/20-27.html
    that is, relation in games to necromancy as evil, has passed from real life
    "necromancy has generally been considered immoral and illegal in most cultures, as it is believed to contravene the natural process of life and death and violate the sanctity of spirits" https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Necromancy
    but don’t worry, in EQ ii evil or good sides are like black or white chessmans. just read in this game what some NPCs say and you will see that evil here are not evil and good are not good. just different sides.
    if any character in this game is controlled by an evil person (but please, don’t think of anyone as that), then this character is evil, regardless of whether this character belongs to evil or good faction. hmm.. however, on other hand, and in sense, we are all necromancers here, because when we enter game we summon on our lifeless, in themselves characters.. especially if many years have passed..
    just never mind - it's just game
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm just kinda bored....I want to play a magic user but I'm just not into playing an evil character...neutral is fine but evil...nah....I have a conjurer, illy, warlock....didn't consider any of them evil...they were just kind of neutral.....
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

Pretty sure role playing servers were eliminated quite some time ago, sorry bud,
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not looking for RP server.....this is what I'm looking to play.......
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

The Necro 120 Replace Spell totaly overpowerd it lifts necro up to GOD Mode for its Duration, if time your high DPS Spells with this Powerup your unstoppable no other class got a spell like this OP Ness.
  9. Twisty Well-Known Member

not sure if you trolling or just that far confused, but if you're referring to Consume Essence, it's just barely worth casting at (Ancient) once pre-pull. all it does is give you 44fervor for 18secs. so realistically with perfect syncing of incoming message you getting like 15s uptime of that at most. which doesn't translate to much over the opportunity cost of Consumption damage alternative.

ADC it gives is useless to any properly geared summoner
  10. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

And CB + CB overcap and not a little amount.
    And 18 sec i a mass of time if only cast Ethershadow // and some of the Necros 2 High Damage Swarmpets in this 18 sec the Boost in DPS is massive
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

Sir or Ma'am, or to whom it may concern in-between,
    stop with the nonsense. it has no CB of either flavor. you aint getting 18secs if optimally you dont waste time casting it post-pull - at best with average raid lag you landing UHorde+Ethershadow+Cascading inside the uptime and 44fervor boost you will fail in a blind-test to ascertain if u had the buff going or not due to how low impact it translates to %-wise. meanwhile at the opportunity cost of Consumption going passively instead of it.

it's a minimal net-boost as a pre-pull option over consumption, so low that it doesn't even really deserve space on hotbars or the additional thought power

the only caveat to above is if you missing the ADC cap by a lot relative to what you're fighting because you dont have the EthArmor and/or OLink. then it's a decently powerful temp, but *even* then, you're kinda unfamiliar with the term "OP" if you think it's OP. if you start with 50 ADC, which is the worst case scenario, it doesn't even increase your DPS by 30% overall for those 15secs at Ancient tier.
  12. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

50 ABDC is a joking stat all my Alts have at least 70 Solo not all Thauma and without Oblivion otherwise you wont have any benefit of it becuase the mobs debuff a lot of it so if only 50 you have at lest nothing.

And your correct at the point its not increasing CB but if used right its a massive DPS increase.
  13. Twisty Well-Known Member

you don't understand what the word "massive" means, or alternatively you don't understand the dmg boost it actually grants in real terms. i'm going to guess mostly the latter.

and this is all with the assumption the character we're discussing has 70abdc. you damage will increase by 25% for the 15sec that it's up