Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's hardly a small thing, if you can't get a Stealth or Invis up in time! :eek:

But I've always noticed going in there that my Health plunges into the Scary Red Zone for quite some time...it gradually builds back up again until I'm ready to drop my "cloaking device" and talk to the Geargobbler itself, but the gods help me if those scale-to-level, 2^ buggers ever get ahold of me before I've got my "cloak" up. :-/

They are still aggro, are they not? I've gotten to where the Stealth ability or the Totem of the Chameleon or the Gnomish Smokescreen or the Whatever of Cloaking key is right there and it's a reflexive twitch, so it's been awhile since I've actually had to worry about them tearing me into little shreds. :-/

Uwk
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Bertram's assistants.

hehehehe

~ Kaitheel
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

never trust a rat!

It was a really nice touch. I wondered at first when someone reported chickens in Anchorage and TD, then when I saw them, I understood!
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Ah! Upon my examination I see that this is because every player who enters the zone is being buffed! What you are observing is the stat caps for your character is being properly set. It takes a moment for your character to then fill up those stats, but do wait for it. It'll be worth it! As for the pets, you want them properly affected too, hence why they are affected.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I appreciate how eager you all were to jump on and test this content over the weekend! I hope that it provided something different for you!

There's a few other things I still have to investigate, but I wanted to let you know I've got the following changes headed to Test*:
    • Abandoned Mines of Ak'Anon – Zone now allows a duo of players (or a player and merc) to enter the same instance.
    • Abandoned Mines of Ak'Anon - Respawn and evac now places you back at the entrance of the zone.
    • Fiddledeegrak's Dropdown Workshop – Zone now allows a duo of players (or a player and merc) to enter the same instance.
    • Flowery, Foamy, and Rainbow Tinkerfest Fireworks are no longer included in the Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt collectibles.
    • Fiddledeegrak's Great Invention - Gathering coaxial cable, covalent fusecells, and flooblecrank boxes are now all group updates.
    *I am not sure when they will be available, but should be included in the Test update notes at that time.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

My straining bank boxes thank you! *Sends cookies in Kaitheel's direction*
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Got another one... Took a while to track this one down!
    • If They Only Had a Brain - Only one Cognitive Tinkerfest Clockwork should now spawn and need to be led back to Blantsworth Coggington III.
    ~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

I couldn't find a single dustpan style clockwork that has a stay command.

It was done intentionally by art, so it could be placed on uneven ground.

~ Kaitheel
    Dude, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel!

I wasn't sure with the pet, I go straight to "stay" when I place one down so it bugged me when I didn't see the option, then looked at what the pet was and wondered if it should have one or not. I thought one of the early ones from DoF was wandering around but I'm honestly not sure.
    While we're speaking about pets and if it doesn't take you time to find out, do you know if it could be possible to have pet stay when placed on an item? Currently, if I place my pet on a shelf in the house, when I zone back in the house, the pet will have dropped on the floor, they can't stay on furniture.

And glad you found out how we got 2 sentient clockworks at the same time, one is annoying enough! It's always surprising when you get an old quest breaking for no apparent reason like that.
  10. Zinj Well-Known Member

Your text over Niami's head and hers over your head? Sounds like telepathy.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

For some reason my log isn't working. I can log back in and try again.

After the reset, on Skyfire server, 2 characters on different accounts went after the Scorch Storm Elemental, and other elementals, I got the following message in chat.

You would have received 0 extra [Coin of Ember] if you were a Member
    1 [Coin of Ember] was placed in your currency window.

I'll work on posting a screenshot.

edit: here is the screenshot.

[IMG]
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Yay! Looks like Test got all of the Tinkerfest changes, including the new PQ rewards!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Chrol Developer

Today's update on Test includes the following:
    • Health and mitigations for level 120+ live event NPCs have been increased.
    You should encounter this now with Tinkerfest going on, so please let me know how you fare against them with their buffed up stats.

Thanks!

-Chrol
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If They Only Had a Brain -can confirm the fix and you can't incapacitate 2 clockworks at once.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

ooooh my, you overshot the mark big time. I'm two-boxing the Abandoned mines of Ak'anon (it works, I'm grouped with myself and we zoned without problems).
    I just wiped on the first trash (a mechanamagica ore crusher) when we got hit for 165 millions magic damage (Hammer Swing)
    Second try took 2 minutes.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to dodge mobs and rely on undying horde and lifeburn on trash event mobs.

It took me 10 minutes to complete the instance (dodging mobs when possible, trying to avoid detection at all costs). I had one more death but had to recast death prevention several times.

Evac is inside now as intended.

I'm NOT on my main char, those chars aren't adorned/reforged/infused anything, but gear isn't that bad and they're not newbies.
    Wilhelmina (necro - 120.8k potency): https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/429497021077
    Blanchette (brigand - 123.6k potency): https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/429497075699
    I have way less trouble in Diaku Corral than I have in this Tinkerfest instance :/

Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention - you can't zone into the workshop until both chars in the group have updated the dialog with Bertram
    Difficulty-wise, it took around 3 minutes to kill Clampazzo X and I nearly died on zoning when I got 2 of the mobs on me. Well, the fact that the death-prevent proc went off once on each char said I died, I never saw my life go down so I think it's always one-shots.
  16. Chrol Developer

That sounds like an entirely different issue with their outgoing damage. Mob health and mitigations wouldn’t affect that. Will take a look though, thanks!
    Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's what I thought afterwards after looking at the patch notes again, I shouldn't get one-shotted due to the changes.

Difficulty-wise, this duo never dies in solos and breeze through them, including Diaku Corral solo. It felt like it took as long to kill a single mob in TF instance than it took to kill a boss in Diaku, which is really not fun.
  18. Chrol Developer

Okay thanks for the feedback. I have a feeling the damage is just the mobs surviving long enough to cast the spells they’ve always had. I’ll make adjustments to both.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Love some of the rewards, however the amount is mind-boggling and likely server-lagging! I see they put every Advanced Studies as a possible reward in the crate and collectively we think they should be removed. There is a merchant to purchase the Advanced Studies from in Fabrication Hall now along with getting them from BoL PQ, Overseers, solo, etc., already flooding us with Advanced Studies.

I see there are NO empyral or shadow books for experts as a possible reward. I truly think the Advanced Studies should be removed and the Shadow / Empyral studies be added.
    Dude, Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Kasa Well-Known Member

Received Empyreal Quintessence as reward from PQ but it didn't go into my currency tab or bag.
    Dude, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kuulei like this.