Where are the Fabrication Hall Advanced Books?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Gerak, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Gerak Well-Known Member

according to the release notes of june 23(24) :
    • The researchers from Blood of Luclin have finished their research! They are ready to gather their findings and in turn making advanced recipes available for purchase in the Fabrication Hall of Sanctus Seru. If you're willing to lend a hand, they need your help once more in compiling all of their findings.
    The 3 researchers are finished their research and there are no "Advanced Recipes" to be found. The only things I could find for sale in the Fabrication Hall are the "Primer" books for each class located on each classes trainer.
    These are the standard recipes Journeyman spells and Veilwalker outfits. If that is all there is then fine. If there are supposed to be advanced books for sale, who is selling them?
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The merchant you are looking for is Fen Fen. It's only selling the "advanced" books that have adepts in them...
    Gerak and Breanna like this.
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

I just checked Fen Fen on Skyfire and he has nothing for sale.
    The character I checked with is a 120 Sage that has finished the Sig line and a 118 Assassin.
    Xianthia likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

maybe you need to have done the adventure sigline too?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

o_O That would be messed up.
    Gerak, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  6. Gerak Well-Known Member

I finally got access. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
    I checked back when I reached 120..no luck.
    I finally got access when I completed "Shattered Dawn: Behind the Walls Of Seru".
    This is the part where you have to find Hulda hiding behind the tree before you enter Echelon of Order.
    Bludd, Xianthia, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  7. Gerak Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be a requirement for adepts because I can see all 9 classes from my sage.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Try hailing another vendor in the zone then go back to Fenfen so she refreshes.

Edit: ah, sorry, you posted while I was editing. I'll have to double check with an alt without any of the adv timeline.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Hailing a different merchant and then going back to FenFen worked on an alt. I was able to see the books on 'main' without doing that. Both have done the adv and ts sig lines.
    Gerak, Breanna and Dude like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's my bad, I forgot to test the pattern again on Test before it made it live. First time around, I tried buying from my class merchant before remembering it was on FenFen and FenFen worked. It's only on the second alt that it didn't work at first and hitting another merchant unlocked it. I wanted to test again before I did a report and got side-tracked and forgot :(
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The workaround is quick and easy (thank you for that!).
    I wonder if I too hailed a different merchant at some point prior to hailing her today to check and make sure I had seen the books... hmm.
  12. Gerak Well-Known Member

I had already tried this before I finished the portion of the sig line noted above. It did no work for me.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  13. Gerak Well-Known Member

Now if we could just get some Voidpiercer saddle recipes without having to participate in a raid.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

Mercychalice, Snikkety, Gerak and 2 others like this.
  15. Gerak Well-Known Member

That makes it even more of a slap in the face of tradeskiilers
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

i have /bug'ed it
    you should too but:
    either its intended or
    its so low down on the priority list it wont happen any time soon
    Gerak and Dude like this.
  17. Gerak Well-Known Member

I have now tried this on 3 different alts. None of the 3 had talked to anyone on Fabrication Hall since the patch. All 3 have finished TS sig line and Adv line up to Execution of order. The first time I talked to Fen Fen he had nothing for sale. I then talked to Lukus (Provisioner Supplies, none of them are provis) and then to Fen Fen again and he has the books listed. So it seems the steps currently needed are
    1. Complete TS Sig line
    2. Complete Adv Sig line up to Execution of Order.
    3. Talk to any NPC (other than Fen Fen)
    4. Purchase Advanced books for all 9 classes fully tradeable.
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

nice that should mean it's a bug or something
    you could notify gninja about this and /bug it with this great info
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Honestly, we've been slapped so many times in this xpansion, I feel like a stand-in for a Three Stooges comedy scene.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I went to the NPC while on "Shattered Dawn: Behind the Walls Of Seru" and it worked. I tried opening a merchant first then going to FenFen but that didn't work so I went to another merchant a second time then back to FenFen and it worked.
    Char was still on the Aurelian Coast part of the TS timeline (had to search the bog).

I also went to the NPC with my 120 jeweler 110 adventurer.
    She has completed the TS timeline but hasn't done the adventure part at all (she never even did the prelude). She can buy the books.

So only prerequisite here is having access to Fabrication Hall (Seru part of the TS timeline or adventuring timeline) and hailing a merchant after hailing FenFen to get her to refresh.
    Gerak, Breanna and Xianthia like this.