Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains.

Reports of clockwork activity in both Antonica and The Commonlands continue. But if that’s not your wheelhub, I know for a fact both Bertram Fiddledeegrak and Snafu Fizzbrip at the Dropship Landing Zone in Moors of Ykesha could use some help.

New features for '20!
    • TLE server - Kaladim:
      • The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
        • Aether races (Great Divide, Butcherblock, Lavastorm, Tenebrous Tangle), The Legend of the Geargobbler, The Reticent Tinkerer, Tinker Bound History, A Clockwork Snafu, Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention, and "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ)
      • In-game mail to announce TLE event.
    • Live servers:
      • New quest!
        • Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention offered by Bertram Fiddledeegrak in Moors of Ykesha.
      • 8 New Merchant Items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security, including a new mount!
      • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 12.0” sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • What About Bhoughbh
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0 – 11.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0 – 3.0
    • Returning collections:
      • Tinkered Parts Collection
      • Tinkerer’s Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Returning quests:
      • A Clockwork Snafu - Repeatable, once per year
      • Hack ‘n Slash [public quest] – repeatable
        • Level adjusted to 120
        • New PQ rewards added to the treasure chest
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
      • Guide Quest: "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog"
      • Guide Quest: "Tome of Tinkering”
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    Please note: The scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (120). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

Any feedback submitted after 7/12 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 07/23/2020 at 12:01 AM PDT until 08/05/2020 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live servers.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

(Niami, you have one of each in your Seru Promenade. I packed the Scorched Sky stuff but I saved the layout first in case you want to keep them / pick them up in another way)

Everything crafts just fine.

The Cyanic Battleclock doesn'thave a stay command but I'm not sure it wanders.
    The Clackwhinge Hazard Warner IV places partly embeded in the floor, not sure it's intended
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks Whilhelmina! {scurries off for a quick bite before diving in, trying not to gibber at the timing}
    Dude, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Fiddledeegrak's Great Invention:
    Grouping for the Steamfont step does not work - you get dumped into separate instances while still grouped. Whilhelmina will have more to say about the odd group chat thing we had going on. Updates were individual, of course. We were both well-geared 120s with solid (>130K) potency, so most of the mobs were 1-shots, with a couple needing 2. I'll try it with someone squishier later.

Evac sends you out to Steamfont, right outside the entrance to the zone. The zone entrance was deactivated for me at this point, but I was done collecting everything. Death leaves you inside the zone (Whilhelmina took one for the team and faceplanted with a bit of effort.)

I will retest the evac with a weaker 120 and make them do it before the collecting parts are done.

Grouping for the Moors instance is odd - you have to wait until everyone in the group has the update for the gear boxes before the entrance is clickable, and then it does a group zone (zoning all), but puts you in separate instances.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

In Steamfont the instance didn't mouse-over to blue/clickable right away when I tried to zone in and then I was pulled by Mum and put in a separate instance (my skin is now a glowing carpet in the last room). I pulled her in the Moors instance but she had troubles clicking. It's weird.
    I forgot to try to die in the second instance.

Now on to the text bug.
    We were grouped, and spoke in group chat. Every time I said something, Niami saw my text over her head. Every time she said something, I saw her text over my head. Like if I was saying it, but it didn't appear in chat like a /say, it was just cosmetic...
    And I won't be able to explain this clearly without a screenshot, so here it is:
    [IMG]

More general notes: Moors instance is very pretty.
    I didn't understand why there were aggro clockworks everywhere in the workshop. It's a workshop and he said it was "secure". Some line somewhere explaining why there's mobs everywhere would be nice.

I'm at 138k potency, I 1-shotted everything in there.

I drooled a bit over the hen, I confess.
    Nice use of the diaku corral item!
    I really like the quest as a whole.
    I DON'T WANT to marry a gnome! Nor see a chokistalker, nor a feardai! *runs away screaming*
  6. Nuggetmachine Member

A new mount I see :shiftyeyes:

Also not to be off-topic but what UI are you using? it's so sleek.
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Bits from DrumsUI as far as UI pieces go with the old skin from the game (back from before they created a red UI and a new blue UI). I kept the files, have to update the .dds at times when they add new things. And there's one thing looking off somewhere, never remember which window that nearly never gets pulled up anyway.
    Here is a zip file with the .dds files (goes into the image folder of your UI)

House items can be seen in my usual Opera House, published under Tinkerfest 2020, medium homes.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Goodness , Goodness no rest for the wik . . . Ratonga .
    But I am testing stuff for how it works for the lazy gamer and for low leveled bad geared toons , so I guess I should be fine
    Runs over on to Kaladim to send of some more fireworks , makes some coffee and deer steak sandwiches for a friendly troll
    and makes up a vacation for tiered toons
    I am so exited that my tinker toons will get the high feast of their career .
    Bowes down to the ground and worships the great cog .
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm tired so I'll test more tomorrow, didn't sleep much last night.

I tested "We can Rebuild" (the quest where you click the cask full of dark bubbles) and "Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica". Both work fine at 120 and I got some cash drops on mobs so I think drops scaled too.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, once again, Tinkerfest returns to warm the sprockles of our hearts...and speaking of warming, one question still burns within the minds and hearts like an overclocked furnace: can we please, please, PLEASE just get the Fireworks on the merchants (you pick! :D) and not as part of the collectibles? Please? :(

They're cool fireworks, I like them, I'd buy a stack of 10 for a Cog or more, but they don't stack beyond 10 at a time, and when you're trying to get like seven of one collection and nine of the other (and have lots of alts to feed as well), getting bags full of fireworks instead is not fun. :(

Uwk
    Dude, Kaitheel, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Actually I'm starting to not like fireworks LOL. They keep going off at all hours of the night, and for some reason this year our dog decided to be afraid of fireworks. OMG have you have had a 93 pound dog trying to hide under your desk and crawl up in your lap? Poor thing she is just terrified this is her third 4th and shes never acted like this before.
    Argosunited, Dude, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe poor puppy ( giant puppy )
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, THAT! PLEASE!

(and yeah, poor giant puppy!)
  14. Enica Member

Kudos for Bertram! Shhh... don't speak... :p
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, I just checked out Tarly for a newb alt (or at least, one who hadn't done Tinkerfest yet), and lo and behold, Tarly does indeed have them for sale. However: they STILL show up in the collectible glowies! Please stop this, Kaitheel, I beg of thee... :(

And poor puppy! :(

Uwk
    whose college buddy who didn't play online games once had a 6' long, 2.5->3' tall purebred long-hair collie named Lancelot, who thought he was a lapdog...at nearly 200 pounds of muscle and fur ;)
    Dude, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG/FEEDBACK: Went to do the "If They Only Had a Brain" quest with my newb alt, and I got 2 "robotic clones of Blantsworth Coggington III"; the only thing I can guess is that a nearby one also got the brain, or brainwaves, or brain whatever from my targeted 'bot. /shrug

Once the quest was finished, it went back to being only one of "B.C. IV." ;->

Uwk
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Dogs are bread to act like puppies all their live , where they more like their ancestors the wolfs , they would be dangerous
    and some dogs are like that , they think they are the alpha in their pack and will be aggressive ( those little spoiled yuppie
    dogs are of that sort , not that they be biting your head of ) All dogs need training , so they know who the master is .
    Dude, Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Shanyn Member

Its a small thing, but... upon zoning into "Admin Level Access" during the quest The Legend of the Geargobbler, all of my buffs were stripped from me and my illusionist pet was dismissed.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just had the same problem.

I was trying real hard to break it to reproduce it an thought I failed.
    My steps:
    • incapacitate robot 1
    • incapacitate robot 2
    • click robot 2 for brain
    • and at that spot I planned on installing brain to robot 1 too but I took to long and he started walking again BUT I still got 2 cognitive clockworks bothering me (same line twice, and they were already annoying enough without that!).
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I did all the other repeatable quests without any problems.

I love the hens in Timorous and Anchorage! Who would have guess that our teleporter was a replicator?
    Now to find my recipe of potted hen...