Daybreak pass: free mercs?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Setari, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Setari New Member

So I subbed for EQ1 but I was told the benefits of the "all access pass" or whatever extend to EQ2 as well. I was trying to get mercenaries to help me out but it keeps telling me I have to spend money. Is that not free with the pass?
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The mercenary feature is not included. You can purchase it from the Marketplace in EQ2 or buy the latest expansion to get the feature.
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

Mercenaries were included with expansions starting with I think AOM or the one right after that... So if you bought any of the xpacs since that one you should have mercs included... Once you have the hire merc ability, you can use them as ftp also... Or like rosyposy said, you can buy them from marketplace under features...
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Mercs were first included with PoP. :)
    parissa, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Celan Active Member

Nope, originally the use of mercenaries was introduced when the mercenary feature launched with Age of Discovery.
    Mercenary trainng was introduced with expansion 13, being Kunark Ascending.
    Kheldar, Raff, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Rosy meant included with the purchase of the expansion.
    Xianthia, parissa, Dude and 2 others like this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The mercenary feature was NOT included with the xpac until PoP.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Xianthia, parissa, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

This, and of course if you were around way back when the Age of Discovery pack that introduced them and reforging, beastlords, tradeskill apprentices, etc and you purchased that "feature pack" expansion you got them then.

Good news for the OP, mercs are not really necessary to solo efficiently in EQ2. They can be helpful for you to take on much harder things, or things designed for a group, normal solo stuff will be rendered ultra trivial with the use of mercs. These mercs are WAY more powerful than the freebie mercs in EQ1 particularly at lower level.
  10. Captain Pengie New Member

Question on xpac purchase related to this thread if I could.

When I look at buying the the latest xpac BoL it says "
    Access to all previous expansion content included".
    Does this mean that I also get whatever additional features were provided by those prior xpacs or is it just the adventure type content?

Basically I am looking for absolute confirmation of the above statements that mercenaries are included if you buy the latest xpacs, but I'd also like to know if I get anything else such as extra character slots, new classes & races (beastlord etc), free daybreak money or anything else that may have come with the prior xpacs. The current one seems to only come with a bunch of cosmetic stuff, but the ones I bought way back in the past (back on SoE days) had more concrete extras which I am hoping to get via the single purchase of the latest pack.

If anyone has done this and knows for sure what comes with the purchase of the basic BoL pack can you please list what it gave you as 'extras'.

Many Thanks.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

You WILL get all adventure content from previous expansions. You WILL get the merc feature. You WILL NOT get any additional character slots or Daybreak Cash. You WILL NOT get Beastlord, Channeler, Freeblood, Aerakyn, or reorging. You WILL NOT get any of the extras from the more expensive versions of previous expansions or pre-order buffs(e.g. Jann Magi). You WILL get any extras listed in the version of the expansion that you purchase.

https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content
    Breanna, Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Captain Pengie New Member

Thanks for the info Dude, I expected as much but it never hurts to be sure before committing the cash. Xpac now purchased and the blind lady is doing a great job of protecting my froggy butt.
    Rosyposy and Dude like this.