Housing & Leaderboards "Ratings" UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Bunji, May 29, 2020.

1. Aelissa Well-Known Member

The point of being able to publish them would be "to lock the items" in a hall down. If you know you move the items, I wouldn't publish that hall.

+ *Many of us only use the hall to decorate, or are hired to decorate other's halls, and some halls are memorials and would also want those to be locked, even some guilds that wanted to "keep their name" but the guild transferred servers would benefit from a memorial type publish. We don't have time to farm status when we really only decorate, or do quests for tradeskills to decorate/get items.

+ *granting others Trustee access has resulted in items being taken, deleted, sold, moved, packed....you name it, it's happened. A locked Published Guildhouse would even solve those problems.

+ *Alliance guilds would benefit from having a Published Guildhouse so all alliance members could use it without having to grant individual permissions or set different levels for those people.

(I also need a way to keep my guildhall that I have spent years and years decorating available for general use and to be seen, but I cant afford the time to farm coin to pay for status from other players, or the time to farm the status to keep it open, I don't raid anymore, and status items still don't count toward lowering the cost, which was at one point that intention because there are guild only items with status reduction and the halls had that on the tab too.)

+ Having a Guild category would be amazing and solve those problems.

+/- The only con I can see is if a raiding guild published, they would have to unpublish to add the Trophy heads, then republish.

(Even this isn't a big deal because it would save so many guilds headaches from having to figure out how to replace a wall, or something major someone accidently moved and didn't save a layout for.)

***OH! It would be awesome also if the feature was added that auto saves the layout when you hit publish so it generates the item list.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, that last! Oh, I'd have that feature for every building we could publish. Seriously. :)

Hmm...we can't Publish guild halls now? :-/

Uwk
    Aelissa and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Very good points there!

Uwk, you have the option in the guild window but it has currently no use.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grmph...rather like the "Search function" we theoretically have for the Leaderboards. :-/

Uwk
    Aelissa likes this.
  5. Aniwiel Member

When using the filtering textbox, it would be nice to perform the filter when pressing ENTER after typing what we want to filter.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

I agree with adding a spot for decorator so people dont hv to add in titles if they dnt want too
    Edelphia, Ashlie, Aelissa and 3 others like this.
  7. Rushd Active Member

I have never seen a Game provided award, always player provided. Can I see some of these you have?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whoomph! Most of them were from long ago, back like when Niboota and others were sponsoring/running contests and challenges and such. They'd get together with sympathetic devs and artists, who'd come up with participation awards for everyone and hand them out, even if those that didn't win. Really pretty ones; I'm just trying to think who among my Horde has one...maybe Vdova... /ponder

They might still be considered "player awards" rather than "game awards," for that matter, but...I'll look. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Just talking in Homeshow channel. It would be really awesome for Event houses to have a field to set servername.decoratorname when they publish so that when the house goes to Hall of Fame both house owner and the decorator get mailed a trophy. We have a bunch of people that decorate on multiple servers to help out if not even people sign up or if someone has emergency, etc. If decorator wants a different server character to get trophy then they can ask in the book they leave for homeowner.

This doesn't just apply to Event houses though. People do decorate for others all the time so would be awesome to have field regardless of event or non-event. Only problem I can see is sometimes there is more than one decorator but never more than 3 so maybe ability to do up to 3 when publishing.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's a thought, yeah! Many's the time I've had to separately notify my decos after I've gotten a HoF trophy for their hard work. :-/

At the very least, they deserve acknowledgement credit, too. :)

Uwk
  11. Aelissa Well-Known Member

We were given a handful of awards to pass out from the Devs at the roleplay events as well at times, a few years ago at least. I remember a cup that caught fire, and 3 other dev specific ones.

We also placed signs and had players roll for "plunderable" loot that we had used as decor in the event.

Znova's Dhalhar home on AB think it's called Random 100, will have to check it out.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

Ive have a few from doing just swaps back in 2017 i know i have one from frostfell, tinkerfest and one from the urn contest. I have a few others but dont remember exactly where I got them. I have the cup o fire from a guide quest.
  13. Nuggetmachine Member

[IMG]
    A search bar like this would be amazing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or, just have the type and location of the house listed no matter what it's been named by the homeowner. Saves on a lot of tab buttons that way. :)

Uwk
  15. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I would like to have the ability to filter by house name or owner's name by typing it in. Kind of like how you have to do to visit a house from the housing portal. It's great if you know the owner's name but you still have to click through ALL the houses until you get to the right one.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ostensibly, that's what the Glorious Peoples' Democratic Republic Search Engine they promised us was supposed to be able to do; I don't see it being able to do much of anything yet, except maybe filter by House Name. Which is awesome if you know it. :-/

We need more filter categories. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Kenn Well-Known Member

Well, this is probably late, but it would be cool if there were ratings based on theme. Then you can select the theme (such as Halloween) from the drop-down to list all houses that posted as having a Halloween theme. Themes could be holidays, expansions, events, building structure, etc
  18. ellypso New Member

How do i get my house listed to get voted on?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When you're in the house itself, there's a button on the House screen that looks like an open book, off to the bottom right, sort of. Hover your cursor over it, and if it says "Publish" you've got it (don't have the game open in front of me atm). It'll walk you through the steps, including taking a good representative picture of it to post on the Housing and Leaderboards list.

WARNING: Once you Publish, you CANNOT move things in your own house! Not even the owner! It's one reason why I don't usually Publish at all, since I've always got itchy "gotta fix it" fingers. ;->

And then, of course, if you get a Hall of Fame award in in-game mail from the Powers That Be, you can't put it in the house without Unpublishing it and erasing all those votes... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. iceverything Master of Respawning

I do think after a period of time, 12 months lets say, a house goes into the "Archive Category" if it has not had any new votes. The house is not stripped from ANY votes or HoF title but 'put aside' for easier search of "active" houses. The list in any category is limitless right now and makes it so much more difficult to find any house that is still being viewed.
    This would also help in finding an older home published w/o looking through EVERY house published.

If the house receives a vote it is removed from the "Archive" and placed back into the proper category and is now ACTIVE again.

Just an idea.