SEHS2020 signups

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Eve/Linn, May 3, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

2. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I received my house/person but she's said there were two for me, I didn't receive the 2nd, or an answer to those emails. Anyone know if she is ok? Or heard from her in game?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yikes! :eek: Yeah, I hope she is okay... :(

I finally broke down and shared a phone number for texts with an in-game buddy, since one of my swaps was interrupted around either Nights of the Dead or Frostfell one year (can't recall atm), and I couldn't complete it because that's when AT&T decided in its infinite non-wisdom to "restructure" ("consolidate the hubs," "screw over its customers," whatever you want to call it) its entire DSL line, which is what we had, and still do to this day. Trouble was, they didn't tell anyone about it ahead of time, and we were frantically scrambling around with our ISP, etc., etc., etc. to try and get a new router, figure out what was up with the connection, and so on. Two to three WEEKS of this, and we finally, miraculously get our Internet back, with a glowing ad (basically) from AT&T bragging around all over the place about their great achievement. This "great achievement" of theirs took us from being able to have a YouTube video going on in one computer, while I was in EQ2 doing all sorts of complicated things in another, or both of us gaming at the same time, with fairly decent speeds. Afterwards, forget it: "Honey, could you pause that for a bit? I'm about to get boot--ah. Never mind. I'll just wait for the Character Select screen again..." The gods alone know where our current closest DSL hub is these days; Timbuktu, for all I know. X-P

I hope it's just something as relatively silly and aggravating as that, instead of something worse these days. I think I've only had to text my buddy here like once since we set it up, but it is good for peace of mind. :)

Uwk
    who was looking seriously at a local cable deal ("JUST Internet, please; we don't need anything else in the bundle...") when all the expelled mucus hit the fan world-wide :-/
    Aelissa and Breanna like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yuck, that's some bad internet. I tried an in-game mail to the first char listed in the first topic and 2 real-mails outside the game to no avail.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yikes... :-/

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers everyone's okay
    Whilhelmina, Aelissa and Breanna like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

wrote ingame to both the listed A_B chars about our arrangement, I'll let you know about an answer
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Should I hold off on decorating until we hear something? I think i might only be one of the few who got an assignment.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

Dont hold off deco if you got an assignment.
  9. Aelissa Well-Known Member

ok i will keep going then because am halfway there anyway, and am having fun.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So, did anyone hear anything?
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Evelynn/Linlynna is having trouble logging in and posting on forum, she says she petitioned
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks for the update, we were a tad worried! Hope it'll get resolved
  13. Cora Active Member

If anyone talks to Linnlyna, could you please let her know that I sent her an email. Thanks! <3
  14. Eve/Linn Member

Ladies and Gentlemen in the Summer Event Home Swap 2020 aka SEHS2020 please HUSRLE and get your projects done August 21 is the completion date and we have several homes that need to be done on AB if you need help call on Linnlyna and on the other servers Please call on your event foremans they all have said they are willing to help just let them know. The ones I have been checking out are FANTASTIC so many new and inventive ways to decorate I just love love loveeeeee all of them
  15. Sennetta Active Member

I am about to finish my home today I had to go on massive harvests to get the wood i needed for some items I want to make , plus I had to go have tests ect as I finally have my surgery date
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee! Good luck with that! :eek:

I've had way too many surprise RL things hit recently to be comfortable; so, 11:59 pm PDT on the 21st, yes? Please? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

As I told you IG Uwkete, even if you take a week more, I won't complain. I'll just say "are we there yet" every second, no biggie ;p
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, YOU might not (thanks! :D), but the organizers will, not to mention the videographers... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. elflover Well-Known Member

If you need help finishing let me know ill come help, here on forums or can send a tell to skyfire.baeletha
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else will be videoing these homes. Decorators can give my character "Building" friend access so I can tour the homes just in case the home owner cannot publish right away, etc. I have Building characters on ALL servers (Ocarinah too but she has access to too many homes on AB so I will not see which homes are for the event unless I go through entire alphabet). I will still look first for published homes so if owners want to remove Building's access is fine. :) Just trying to make sure all the homes get video tours and if others video as well no problem. More than one video of a house is totally cool :cool: or we can split them up.