Questions about healing.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Zimi, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Zimi New Member

I've currently returned to the game after a very extended break. Most of my play time was from EoF to Velious. The idea of the progression server had me excited to relive some of the experience in the game. I was intendeding to make a healer this time, and I recalled Shamans being the most sought after healer and top parser when it came to healing. From everything I've read on the forums and in game chat, I'm hearing the complete opposite.

My question is, was I remembering this wrong, or do shamans not compete with clerics and druids anymore, and why?
  2. Cviidar New Member

I made post about healing at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...mans-templars-for-groups.591878/#post-6589662 with regards to the TLE server. That's the first part when considering playing a healer class. You may also want to consider how well the healer buffs group members, de-buffs mobs, does damage and otherwise supports the group/raid. Healing is only part of the equation. With Rise of Kunark coming out soon, I'd take a look at the epic weapons that each healer gets and check if what new spells they get. For example, at level 80 Inquisitors will receive Inquisition, a group heal over time spell that ticks faster and lasts longer than the druid's group heal over time but has a much shorter range and a massive recast timer.

Shaman will have a lock on topping the TLE healing parse for a good while unless you're talking about a Fury healing a caster group full of choker wearers. In my opinion, too many people worry too much about HPS when the real healing parse is the number of deaths in your group (except for Rangers - their deaths don't count ;)). .
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

If you're planning to raid, see what the raid guilds need before you roll with regard to healers. Some of the shaman wards are broken and thus no more than two, tops, are needed. If you're not planning to raid, the class matters less as long as you learn how to solo heal a group.
  4. Mystikaly New Member

honestly every raid force needs a few of each type of healer so no matter what you're rolling you will have a chance at a slot as long as you understand the class and its role. if you arent planning on raiding then really it doesnt matter much just keep the green bar full.
    Naneeje likes this.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Mystikaly is correct, each class is desired, although interesting that a lot of guilds want 4 druids. That AOE block is definitely a desirable trait. Shamans, Mystics specifically have a good ROA and Bolster rotation they can provide, are solid at preventing damage. 1-2 clerics are desired as well. It's great to see all the healers desired right now.
    In my experience though, Fury DPS while healing a Scout group full of chokers is pretty sick to see :) Matching 4k heals with 4k dps is fun to see!