Any Subscription Discounts???

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by MistyV, Jun 14, 2020.

1. MistyV New Member

I wish they would offer some Subscription discounts!! I liked the ones they had for 99.00 for 1 yr!! I mean that's only 20.00 bucks off.......but I always took advantage of it!!! Please offer us some discounts!!! :D
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

There have not been any in years .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Kaptain Kaveman New Member

SO glad I took advantage of the offer they had during the midwinter celebrations of 2018 regarding the purchase of a large cold cut sandwich from a women's cable television network.

Lifetime Sub :D
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

The subscription fee for this game is ~15USD/month, but if you get the year subscription it's only ~10USD per month. Seems like a pretty legit discount to me, and it is always available! If anything, the subscription should increase occasionally to account for inflation. From what I can see, the fee should be ~20USD now. https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

Daybreak currency doesn't go on sale either and over the last half year there has been just one store sale and that was almost worthless. A small discount only on familiars - not one other thing on sale. Quite disappointing.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Why should it be $20 a month? Other MMOs that are not even close to being as P2W as EQ2 cost around $14.99 a month, have far fewer bugs, less downtime, less lag, stable servers, and have actual enjoyable content.

Until something changes, I wouldn't trade a grilled cheese sammich and cup of tomato soup for a Krono, much less subscribe again.
    Crock and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Mumrha New Member

15 dollars for an old game like this is too much. Ok that you have access to all daybreak games but who cares?
    I would never pay 15/months. Maybe if they do a "Only Eq2 subscription" at 10/months (with more discount if you buy 3-6-12 months) I would think about it
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

It is less expensive per month if you buy the year long. It's been a while because I got the life time a couple years ago, but iirc it's like $119.00 for a year's subscription.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

I said it should be $20 per month because, with inflation, that would roughly equal to the $15 we paid when EQ2 started. I don't agree that, because a game is old, it should cost less. The staff, the utilities and the hardware required to operate this game all cost money, and probably more than they did 15 years ago. The bills and salaries have to be paid, and the owners want profit.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I paid only $ 9:95 a month when I subscribed for a year and it was on sale , but that has not happened in a long , long time .
    I have never paid $ 15 for a month EVER even if I was to buy only a month
    $ 15 is what you might pay for a krono , but that's a different story .
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I never said it should cost less. However, there's no way in heck it should cost more than around $15.00. Inflation and rising costs? I'd argue that DBG has CUT costs through the series of wholesale layoffs. Unless the tiny staff remaining is pulling down some serious bonuses. And if they'd really kept up with infrastructure and hardware upgrades, then the current lag is even more of an indictment on the performance of the devs.

For comparison, both WoW and Final Fantasy: XIV are $14.99 a month, dropping to $12.99 a month if you pay every 6 months ($77.94). They seem to be doing just fine at that price point, and I'd warrant with much less p2w issues than EQ2 has.

Admittedly, the hardcore p2w crowd probably wouldn't even blink at a $20/month sub (or even notice it compared to crate/infuser expenditures), likewise with the lifetime membership holders that feel "tied" to EQ2 instead of viewing it as a sunk cost. The ones that would add it to the list of reasons to back away would likely be casual and new/returning players.

If your product is already having problems, you typically don't raise prices above your competitors - unless your only goal is to milk the remaining customers before breaking up and liquidizing the remaining assets / intellectual property rights.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

UO is older than this game by more than 5 years and they charge $14.99 per month.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I got the one they had about 3 years ago which was 1 year for $72.00, with tax it was something like $78. I paid for 6 accounts for that. I was so hoping they would offer that again before those subs ran out, but they did not, so I only subbed 2 of them, 1 for a year and one for 6 months, no sale came so the 6 month one did not get resubbed, so now I only sub the one account.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

When my credit card expired , I lost my discounted membership and played with kronos for the last 3 years .This is working to have fun , that's what free to play Players have to do if the want to go to servers like Kaladim or Rivervale , besides maybe buying the expansions .
    I was waiting for another discount for a membership which we used to get at least once a year , but besides the over $300 live time membership , that I was not able to get because I just did not have that much money at the time there has been nothing .
  15. Crock Member

Daybreak's been losing on player numbers for many years, but been offering very little to make up for it, so now they have to rely on demanding more just so people can get into it, to make it up. But people just don't wanna to, why would they too, not even word of the mouth goes for EQ2, nobody knows this game anymore. And you know, even Oldschool Runescape has something on sale in actual stores, unlike Daybreak, the highest being base 10,54 USD for one month of classic membership (any updates free, no expacs there), less for more at once. And unlike Daybreak, those people do listen to player suggestions and act on them. Don't think I need to say more.