Dps Bruiser

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ramsteinn, May 31, 2020.

1. Ramsteinn New Member

I am a return player, my hiatus was about seven years. I re-logged my bruiser and got him to 120. Im building a Dps build. yes, I've read all the negative reviews and critiques about how bruisers suck and I should betray to monk. Not going to happen. My question is which ascension should i go with to improve dps?
    Thank you,
    Surak 120 Maj'Dul
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Geomancer, spec full auto attack and then hit Terrene Destruction and then afk
  3. randomplayer Member

When ppl write "spec full auto attack" what does that mean?
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It means your priority stats are DPS, WDB, MA, AE Auto, Flurry and Crit Bonus. As well as Strikethrough, and some Accuracy.

Ability mod reforges the most efficiently, so items with ability mod and wdb/wdb oc are desirable, plus 3 flurry items. Your AA's can help to boost this spec too.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

Can someone elaborate as to what a dps bruiser is? Let alone a non dps bruiser. Still trying to understand why that class still exists
  6. Luciano Member

Because there are still ppl who like roleplaying . Bruiser was always considered as outsider, while he was able to do good OT job in raid. Even back in lvl 90-95 I heard so many times, that Bruiser suck and Monk is good, but it was just BS, difference between those two classes was negligible. Now I am hearing, that Bruiser completelly suck due to crap skill updates on 111+.
    Anyone can explain me, what is real issue? In case that this really sux like this, all Bruiser fans should scream loud to get it fixed in next expac.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

> Anyone can explain me, what is real issue?

The real issue is it is mostly in people's heads. The class isn't as bad as the naysayers will lead you to believe. Last expansion in CD, Chaos Descending Bruisers were horrible but BoL is a different story. I am a Bruiser main and an end game raider who has cleared the entire expansion. Bruisers only have one weakness right now. They are low DPS, very low DPS. Even with 200k potency (4275 resolve) I barely outparse the Guardian and Templar. Other than that Bruisers are actually great tanks. The problem is people don't like to play classes that are low DPS.

Why Bruisers do so little damage largely boils down to "void strike" nerf at the start of the expansion. Also some of our abilities have NOT kept up damage wise and this a is long term problem going back many years. Sucker Punch and Hundred Hand Punch used to be hard hitting CA's back in the day and now they barely register 1% of the parse. Sucker Punch especially should be doing ten times the damage it does currently since it is a positional attack and a class defining ability.
    Blazen, Breanna and Dude like this.
  8. Kodamungus Active Member

One example of messed up 111+ abilities. Blaze Kick IX's DOT does more damage than Blaze Kick X's.

[IMG]
    Dude and Obano like this.
  9. Luciano Member

Thank you for nice explanation of situation. Its quite sad, that Bruisers do lower damage than Guardian, but I stil hope that it will get fixed in next xpac. Skills like Hundred heands punch were always kind of nukes, so seeing that it does minor damage I see as devs fail in calculation while preparing latest xpac. I think that if we give complex feedback to devs, some part will get fixed back, to follow mechanics as was originaly invented.
    In other hand, I am returning player after 7 years break, and I always play two mains - bard + tank, namely Bruiser. After seeing your answer, I am goin to get my Bruise up and twink as second main, ignoring all those remarks about Bruiser class I hear lately..... thx
    Dude likes this.
  10. Obano Well-Known Member

To clarify I usually do beat the guardian but only just barely and not all the time. That is in offensive stance and sacrificing all my survivability to do that. In defensive stance I am less than a guardian and have no chance. The issue with Bruisers is their dps is just way too low at the moment. Bruiser used to be a solid T2 dps class but currently we get destroyed by all the real T2 dps such as illusionists, bards, inquisitors, Zerkers, and SK's. Bruisers are relegated to T3 dps even with with twinked cobalt infusers and other rare items. Bruiser is pretty much the only class you can spend a heap of money on and not see much benefit. If I were a Monk I would be doing triple the damage. That is the issue, it is the class imbalance. It is not that my class isn't good. It is that other classes are just so much more powerful especially in the dps department.

Last expansion I did give the devs detailed feedback on what was wrong with the class and a lot of issues got fixed. Bruisers were completely broken last expansion so the class is in a lot better shape than it was a year ago. A similar detailed feedback is not needed this year because the solution isn't complicated. Bruisers just need more dps. Boost up sucker punch and hundred hands, fix Blaze kick X so it is upgrade, and unnerf void strike. Do that and Bruisers could be really amazing again.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Luciano Member

Does KO combo work with each hit from Hundred hands punch and Savage assault atm?
  12. Obano Well-Known Member

Nope, KO combo is rather useless in the current meta. It will only trigger 5 or 6 times the entire casting.

[IMG]
  13. Luciano Member

Reading your feedback from CD and seeing current situation, I am still missing why they did what they did.
    This looks like total nerf/destroy of class which never needs one.
    I always thought that idea is class, who can work as t2 dps on offensive and tank on defensive while sacrificing his t2 dps position for defensive stats. I feel that this was completely in line with invention of this class.
    Now it sounds like there will be serious aggro issues if I will not be top twinked from group, which is quite unfair while Paly tanking by having aggro of other player, Guard got have excellent aggro utilities, SK does more damage than warlock while having quite strong aggro skills, Zerk seem to be able to do significant damage, and Monk got broken AOE which sounds like pocket atomic bomb +more.
    Obano likes this.
  14. Obano Well-Known Member

Bruisers don't have aggro issues in BoL. As mentioned before a lot of the feedback issues from CD got fixed. The problem is a lot of the community still thinks Bruisers are horrible like they were in CD which isn't true. Bruiser reputation hasn't recovered yet and likely won't for a long time. Bruisers in their current state are great tanks though. They are just low DPS and people don't like playing low DPS classes.

People have to keep in mind Bruiser is primarily a defensive class. I always like to say Bruisers are the kings of defense but they can have the option to do more DPS by going offensive. The issue with the current meta is there is not a whole lot of benefit to going offensive. You are not going to reach T2 DPS no matter how much you sacrifice defensively. The whole "DPS Bruiser" is not really a viable strat at the moment which is a shame because it should be a thing.

Again my feedback remains the same: boost up sucker punch and hundred hands, fix Blaze kick X so it is upgrade, and unnerf void strike.
    Luciano likes this.