Game Audio in Window Mode

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kenajisan, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Kenajisan New Member

Hi All,

Just a quickie. I play EQ2 in window mode. Is there an option where I can make the game client mute when not in selected, in-focus, behind other open windows?
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

You mean, so you can mute the audio when you have a call for work? ;)

Assuming you're using Windows, try hitting the Windows Key + G. That opens some gaming specific options. What you'll want is the audio pane, which should have a slider for EQ2, your browser, and system sounds. Just click the speaker icon on the left for EQ2, and it'll mute.

Now get back to work! :D
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

:confused: Greetings, no, sounding isn't can be stoped (when window is convolute you hear anyway). If this isn't realized in browsers (in chromium, only for new tabs), why should it be done for any game?
  4. Kenajisan New Member

I'm not sure either of are understanding what i'm asking for lol. Any other game I have either through steam or outside of steam does this perfectly fine. World of Warcraft for example has an option to enable/disabled sound if the game windows is not in focus.

Its fine though, There are quite a few options in EQ2 so I just wanted to confirm I hadn't missed it when browsing through them.
  5. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

congratulations, you really didn't skip option, that interests you, but is absent (and i’m very glad, that isn't here because of its unneeded). however, firstly, you were mistaken regarding thing that these two didn't understand you (your words, quoted now confirm this too), and secondly.. oh well, what other game besides wow does this (i has never been to any of wow servers. this game immediately didn’t impress me, so I glad that didn’t waste time on it)? something don’t remember.. though playing of games for over 20 years. just wondering how actually this option is in demand in games. apropos, as recollect, previous person from wow, whom I answered his question, couldn't get through doorway (because of affection to huge pauldrons [IMG]).. peculiar desires are shorter to say
  6. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

You can't mute when the window is out of focus, but you can mute when minimized.

Options / Sound / Volume / Mute all on minimize

If you don't see this checkbox, click the "Advanced" button at the top of the Options window.
    Rosyposy and Bludd like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

and darkpaw adding a "mute sound when game window is out of focus" option is not far-fetched imho
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

:oops: Indeed there is an option "Mute all sounds when the main window is minimized". I am ashamed.. now i have to die of shame..
    Breanna, Spindle and Bludd like this.