Celestial Merc which one?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tagg, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Tagg Member

Just came back to the game about 2.5 months ago. I recently just got Noftu and Zel'Kriaz Celestial Mercs on my SK. One is a Defiler one is an Inquisitor. I use Zel'Kriaz on my Swash and Dirge and love it, but i also hate that she has no casting animations, plus i really like the idea of a ratonga following around my Kerran. Anyone able to compare the 2? Reading previous forums Noftu was disappointing, but i dont know if that was ever addressed. Any input is appreciated.
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I got Noftu on several characters from the LoN loot cards. Tried him out again out of curiosity, and he is still almost worthless as a merc.

However, he is celestial. So have a character you want to do lots of overseer quests with use him.

He does look really cool though. BTW, if you have a Coercer that a ratonga merc would look cool with, you can use that nifty skill from the trainer to change appearance to a ratonga. The appearance varies by the merc. :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Mooooon New Member

in BoL all mercs are useless except for healers. All mercs do zero damage, even to overland trash mobs. At least healers well.... heal you...
  4. Tagg Member

Both mercs i listed are healers
  5. Paragonvii Active Member

Although id love to see the LON merc your talking about (sounds cool!) I use zel for my regular solo stuffs. Also, he give a BOL battalion buff which I think is a touch higher than other celestial mercs (correct me if wrong :))
  6. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Wish we had nicer looking Mercs, most look like abominations... Which is fine, and is a look a lot want, I guess, but it would be nice to have some normal (and properly powerful) looking mercs as well. My main is a Wood Elf male, would be nice to have a female wood elf to accompany him.

Basically what I'm getting at.. It would be nice to "higher" a merc we liked, then have them train up trees for abilities we would like them to have and use. We can have new "models/avatars" come out with Packs and Events, but we could acquire rare abilities thru questing or lines (or have a choice of a few different abilities after completing such).

Just feels there is much to explore with Mercs that could be done a bit better.
    SynergyBlaize likes this.
  7. Adept Active Member

I use my attractive mercs, even though they are weaker, because they are uhmm attractive. I am willing to sacrifice a bit of fervour etc so that I do not have a merc that looks I blew it out of my nose. Be great if we could do with mercs like what already exists for mounts and familars such that could set the appearance of your merc to look like one of your other mercs.
  8. Paragonvii Active Member

I *STILL* use matri dut because...well....she looks so freaking cool lol
  9. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Re:Creative aspect:

Discriminating perceptions, in recognition of patterns of loveliness and symmetry: Agreed in this context. Beauty/truth/Beauty, and a beautiful mind/art. Inspirational /pleasure ratio exceeds minimal variation in utilitarian function.

Thus increasing ''not lessening mind'' in game use and productivity ''Having fun''...So...More log in hours, more enjoyment of the game. More desire. Desire=impetus for will/no will/no action.

If all those perceptual subroutines and pattern recognition software is in working order in ones perceptual interface/operating system...well geared for effect. Hahaha. Make it so, number one. Ie Good taste, :)