Kander's Candor Episode 7: The Long One

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 22, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Kander's Candor Episode 7 is here!

You can find it on Anchor, Spotify, iTunes, & Stitcher (It's also on our website HERE if you don't want to use those services.)

Want to ask a question?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-candor-questions-thread-always-open.594046/

Welcome to Episode 7 of Kander's Candor, we've been gone for a few weeks but we're back and hotter than ever (No seriously it's really warm in here, someone should have checked the AC.)

Questions answered this week!

CharbrynEQ2 -
    With the recently released ability to buy the epic 2.0 abilities for 0c on the Seru merchant at level 120, can it be possible to put the Awakened Abilities recipe book on that vendor for purchase with status/plat/expac currency, or similarly priced at 0c if you are crafter level 120 (perhaps requiring the crafting timeline being completed as well)? Barring that, adding it to the Anchorage merchants to be bought with chits (high amount even) would be nice. I've been doing all the dailies that can drop this book well, daily, and no dice. With all the fragments we get now, would be nice to be able to upgrade my alts without having to commission (it's a lengthy process since you have to make every single tier).

Chikkin -
    Thanks for these podcasts, and let me say I can listen to you talking about stupid stuff for a long time lol /thumbs up
    More fun stuff, reminiscing, behind the scenes jokes and anecdotes would be awesome, with your years of experience in this business I'm sure you guys have tons of things to share.

My question: Can you please implement some sort of Class reset token. Like race token, or betrayal, or tradeskill reset NPC something that will allow my once played characters to be converted to a class I actually enjoy now and will play.

I, and many others, have toons we once tried and played, accumulated cool or non tradeable, non transferable items, houses, mounts, toons who now sit and gather dust, hesitant to delete because of the hoard of items that would be deleted with them.
    And I realize this can cost DB cash, or Loyalty tokens or whatever other means of payment, but please let us switch classes /plead

dirgenoobforreal -
    I would like to ask two questions here:

1) Can we talk a bit about the raid lag. What is causing it and when can we expect a fix?
    2) Will there ever be implemented a way to improve your character outside of raiding? The current meta is do heroics for a month and then raid until summer events. A way to improve your character outside of raiding would be welcome as the game is currently extremely top heavy with raiding being the only way to improve your character.

FracasCrusher -
    Damage numbers are pretty outlandish. Is EQ2 ever going to squash/revamp combat system?

Aradar -
    Any chance you'll allow mounts to be used in all player housing?
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Not sure if this is intended to really be a discussion thread, but just a thought I had during the episode:

You say that the stat squash isn't really on the radar because other games do it with varying success, and that some players dont like change, but I honestly believe that if you were to put out a poll (similar to the old gameplay polls, just mail em out to every player) with the options of "Yes, squash stats" "No, don't" and "I don't care", you'd be hard pressed to find a single person who would vote against it, barring contrarianism. I understand not all changes are completely democratic, but saying that the players dislike change so we'd be against a stat revamp is, in my opinion, a little detached. After all, people cite bloat as a primary reason for moving to TLE servers.

Another thing, later in the episode you touch on mount speed a bit. Why not cut it in half? That effectively doubles the usable space of a zone, and, personally, I don't see any reason for mounts to be as fast as they are. Like you said, the zones you guys make are (sometimes) rather large, it's just that when you run at 150% faster than normal, you tend to downplay the actual size of things.

I'd be happy to move this to a seperate thread if this isn't the place.
    Davito, Obano, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Warlyx Active Member

skill bloat is annoying too , but i guess better wait until AA revamp
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Discussing the specifics aspects of the episode is fine here.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Snikkety like this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering my questions.

In regards to gear improvements, yes I was talking about mythic+ from WoW. Increasing difficulty of heroic dungeons that would yeild better and better rewards the harder they become.

But it wasn't just gear, I was thinking about adding something like Diety points back to the game, something players could farm to always improve their stats by a tiny fraction by simply playing the game and accumilating experience on non raid nights.
    Cyrrena, dreamweaver and Snikkety like this.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver,
    when I click your link to EQ2 website to listen to this podcast it actually links to page for episode 6. I clicked forward to page dedicated to episode 7 but funny enough it also contains podcast #6 /help
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering my question! And it's already live no less :) Thank you for that as well!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

This is boring, when are the real actual important questions going to be asked, well not asked, actually answered. The only question viable of a podcast response is about the lag.
    Kittik likes this.
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

The EQ2 site link goes to Episode 6 instead of Episode 7.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

Also when visiting the Episode 7 page,it has Episode 6 in the media player.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, Episode 7 page has Episode 6 in it, please fix it.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

One thing to note on the mounts in housing question may be something to consider -

In housing and guildhalls that do NOT allow mounts, my pet peeve is being unable to train the mount, drop on gear, and use the training potions unless you zone. If there was some flag where the mount is hidden and you cannot fly, BUT you can access the mount for training and such, it might be a happy compromise to save on having to zone out "just" to train your mount.
  13. Zinj Well-Known Member

I think the issue with stats in game now is that they are all gear-centric. Increases in spells or abilities still pales compared to increases in gear. A big part of the problem is nobody expected MMORPGs to have the staying power they do. Which is why we've seen "additions" such as attributes, AAs, Ascensions, to chop back overpowered characters in the previous computed stats. They're patches, violating continuity because they were never planned for in the beginning. 20 to 25+ year life expectancies for on-line games was inconceivable back in the '80s and '90s. Now? It's possible for someone to start playing as a teen, and not stop playing until they expire in a hospital bed at 115. NO RPG game is designed for that longevity. Even the never seen EQNext, and the Landmark trials were merely tinkering with graphics, and not actually designing a life-long game. That is half of what the next big thing in gaming is going to consist of, the other being full immersion virtual reality.
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  14. PopeSaly Pope of Solusek Ro

What is it going to take for us to get a playable Half-Orc Character Race!!? You tell me what it will take, and consider it done. How long can this grotesque oversight (or is it orcism?) continue!?
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Kittik Well-Known Member

They avoid those.
  16. Kittik Well-Known Member

This is the truth. Stop assuming what we want, y'all have gotten it wrong for the past 15 years.
    Tkia and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  17. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

18. Svenone Well-Known Member

Implementing a playable half-orc race (or any other new race, for that matter) would require a new skeleton and all of the work to make it work with armor and mounts. Do you have deep enough pockets and the willingness to finance what would almost certainly a money-loosing endeavor? I know that I, for one, have no desire for such a race as I do not want ugly and/or huge characters.
    Cyrrena and SolarFaire like this.
  19. Obano Well-Known Member

I agree 99% with your stat crunch idea. The stats themselves are really aren't that large only being in thousands. The problem is the stats output DPS number into the tens of billions. It should be millions NOT billions. The human brain can't even comprehend the size of a billion of anything let alone billions of damage being calculated every single second. I created this picture to help people understand the scope of the problem.

[spoiler] https://i.imgur.com/3VALpWs.jpg [/spoiler]

The power creep in this game is just absurd.
    Mercychalice and Snikkety like this.
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

I would support this compromise. The horse model can certainly exist in houses, though, because the pack ponies work there. But a character riding a mount may be too big for the smaller houses.
    Cyrrena and SolarFaire like this.