Suggestion: Tweak the Release Schedule

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kittik, May 22, 2020.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

I think the 4ish months between expansion packs are fine.

But the release of mid-content is too near the expansion pack prior and too far the expansion pack after.

Release an expansion pack, wait 3ish months and then release the "mid-content". Leaving about 1 month to work through that content prior to the release of the next expansion pack.

Experiencing EoF and then Unrest/SoF is a good example of what I'm talking about. EoF was a huge content release that was quickly out-dated by the release of Unrest/SoF, whose gear (even treasured) was significantly better. Allowing the trivialization of raid zones of EoF earlier than what organically should have happened. Also, Mid-Content releases typically bring in the Hunters quests and gear which is even better than almost any raid gear, so again, trivializing raids.

Thinking of RoK specifically, with the release of (IMO) one of the best and largest content releases during the original run, if Rok is released and 2 months later a mid-content pack is dropped that has gear better than all the gear from all the raid zones of RoK, it seems like a missed opportunity to allow (or force, however you want to look at it) the players to experience all that RoK has to offer.

Exp pack
    3 months
    Mid-Content
    1 month
    Exp pack
    repeat....
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

No thank you.

4 months is too long.

Midcontent gear doesn't have to trivialize raid gear, that is an itemization problem. Not a release schedule problem.

Not all expansions were created equal, they all shouldn't be the same length on a TLE server.
  3. Hydraulics Member

You will never be able to appease everyone. EoF was cleared in 2 days not including avatars. Some guilds are just now killing Wuoshi. Personally I think 4 months is far too long for the majority of expansions. People talk about how much content there is in RoK but it will be the same story unless content is actually tuned and itemization has meaningful progression.
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

Naa, I agree, but moving it to 3 month or less then the TLE only last for like a year.
  5. Hydraulics Member

Not if they don't intentionally kill the server due to mismanagement post SF.
    Kittik likes this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate was 3 months each and lasted about 2 years. The TLE's don't die because of getting to SF/DoV. They die because people get tired of poor itemization / balance AND the next TLE server is announced promising things will be better.
    Xevran, Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  7. Kittik Well-Known Member

I can totally see that. The itemization is horrible, and it's super obvious DPG is just using these servers for cash infusion.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Xevran Well-Known Member

As usual the heart of the problem is the terrible itemization, the mid-content gear can have upgrades without making the previous content obsolete. I really wish they would spend a little longer on itemization, I enjoyed TLE but the terrible itemization just makes it difficult to justify spending $15 a month on.

Right now I'm craving an MMO (which is why I'm reading this forum actually) but retail EQ2 is a stat inflation pay to win disaster and TLE has poor balance and itemization.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.