Memorial Day bonuses, Sale, and a new Quest!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 21, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Norrathians! Lend me your ears!

Memorial Day weekend will be upon us soon: a time to reflect and be thankful. To all our players missing loved ones across the globe, know that you have our deepest appreciation. This weekend, we would like to do our small part in bringing our EQ2 family together.

For the weekend, we’ll be enabling Limited Time Familiar Training Drops, Limited Time Mount Training Drops, and Limited Time Mercenary Training Drops,. Also, we’ve discounted a number of items in the store for the weekend.

Familiars are flying off the shelves!

All familiar packs are 20% off this weekend!

A new quest begins.

There are tales of evil villains and strong monsters across Luclin hoarding the pieces to a priceless artifact called the Scepter of Shadows, what is the item for? Why has it been separated? Finding a piece might prove challenging, but it will be the beginning of your quest brave Norrathian. So arm thyselves and prepare for battle.

At the end of your quest* you'll receive the following rewards!

*This quest has been added to the game permanently it's not specifically a quest for the Memorial Day weekend.

[IMG]

We'll see you in game, and have a great weekend!

The bonus weekend and sale will begin at 12 PM PT on Friday, May 22, 2020, and will end at 12 PM PT on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

more info about this quest please? where will it come from?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

parsing the post super quick and i read the word challenging.
    drops from challenge heroics or challenge raids bosses?
    Hartsmith, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's intentionally vague MercyChalice.
  5. Neurology Member

The new quest sounds exciting. It is kind of funny seeing how ridiculously inflated stats/damage #s have become. Gonna start needing a graphing calculator and spreadsheets to determine if a piece of gear is better or not haha
    Warlyx, Hartsmith, Quillyne and 3 others like this.
  6. dorotea Well-Known Member

The new quest sounds exciting. It is kind of funny seeing how ridiculously inflated stats/damage #s have become. Gonna start needing a graphing calculator and spreadsheets to determine if a piece of gear is better or not haha <

Exactly why the progression server is doing so well, even limited to Members. Many of us there don't even have any use for the idea of progression we just are fed up with the item and attribute bloat on "live".
    Peredhel and Cyrrena like this.
  7. dorotea Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver - as someone that recently resettled on Kaladim I find this both very surprising and quite disappointing. During the much appreciated bonus weeks Kaladim has shared in, although we don't get as much as any other server. Yet the quest is irrelevant to us, the bonuses are each and every one irrelevant to us and most surprising of all the sale does not include so much as a single thing of any use on that server. At least the one you highlighted - maybe when I check the actual store I will see things on sale that we can use.

Can anything be done to include one of the most popular servers (all Members, even) in this event? We seem to be seriously left out. Thanks.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. parissa Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! thank you thank you thank you.... I have been waiting for a marketplace sale... Please oh please let it include services too... Like character slots transfer tokens and all that goody stuff... If not I am sure I will still have stuff on my list to buy... Can never have too many houses... and a few characters don't have familiars on my other accounts.... I was wondering if you guys would consider putting the everquest 2 bundle on sale again? not sure if that is included as marketplace or more so expansion add on... Either way I am so happy for the sale and the drops to come our way... On top of the double xp... My crafters are so happy that was continued... Thanks again everyone at DBG... thankful to have such awesome devs designers and our amazing dreamweaver... Stay safe and have a wonderful memorial weekend... Same to my fellow players...
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you choose one or the other? The scepter doesn't say what classes it would be useful for, but I doubt non casters would wield it? Or is it an item that can be used from inventory?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. DreadRoberts Active Member

I'm disappointed it only works on targets level 110 and higher, because there are some rats and gnolls I'd like to see actually explode. ;)
    Hartsmith and Cyrrena like this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Nope, both. That's why it says "you'll receive" not "you'll choose between".
    Kittybock, Hartsmith, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I love when people on Kaladim complain that they don't get stuff that's on Live. You'll get it when BoL unlocks. Isn't that the whole point of a TLE server in the first place?

13. Spectre Active Member

Breanna and AOE1 like this.
  14. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Will all these bonuses this weekend overlap reducing your chance of getting X item or can you get several of them on top of each other??
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Jaeded Well-Known Member

in response to Spectre
    I thought that Dreamweaver was just trying to phrase it as gently as possible but by all means assume otherwise.
  16. Spectre Active Member

I am 20 years USMC. I honor those that have fallen to ensure our way of life and free speech. Changing the meaning kind of hits home to me in a not so gentle way. This is not Thanksgiving, or Veteran's Day. It's Memorial Day for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    Hartsmith, Breanna, AOE1 and 4 others like this.
  17. Peredhel Active Member

18. Peredhel Active Member

Sounds like I'll need to start a char on Kaladim.
    Kittik and Cyrrena like this.
  19. KaladimNate Member

I think the problem is more along the lines of: we would love to have something to be excited about. A marketplace sale that doesn't effect anything that we can purchase/use means that DPG misses out on dollars that we would have otherwise been happy to spend. Cobalt Crates, appearance items, Mystic Moppets, or even the ability to stock up on some XP potions before next month's expansion drop would probably be pretty cool.

Taking an opportunity to release a new quest for Live players but not for the TLEs is a missed opportunity to help keep the TLE players engaged in the game at a time when player retention is at a low point (we're 3 months through our 4 month cycle and people are bored). We don't necessarily want what Live is getting, because we don't need a clicky that's doing 25mil damage, but something - ANYTHING - might be cool.

Finally, for our bonuses we either A) get no benefit out of any of the events (we can't use familiars, mount training, etc.), or B) we get the same three recycled bonuses of character XP, hunter coins, or status. It's not that we're not appreciative, because we are, but it would be nice if there was something different we could get a bonus in, too. I think in the past 8 weeks that I've been back and playing, only 2 weeks didn't have double xp? It might have been three, I'm not sure, but I've got more max leveled characters than I know what to do with at this point. ;)
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Hartsmith like this.
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver I believe stated on discord that if it required a raid, they would have said it required one. So I am guessing this is something we all will be able to do... /fingers crossed :)
    Cyrrena likes this.