eq2 discord

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by kreather, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreather Member

wow banned a third time from discord for posting my opinions on the state of the raids. I have never bad mouthed another player just posted my frustration with the state of the raids. Its not like I am the only person that has done this, post after post of people complaining, this is ok yet I get banned for posting the truth. lol whatever enjoy your discord.
    Cyrrena, Erudinel, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am seeing the pattern that these bans are not "out of the blue" but persistent, long-standing antagonism on the part of a handful of people.

As an objective observer, I'd like to hear the full story (post history) and not just the one-off incident.

Should there have been a warning (or maybe there was)? Sure.
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. kreather Member

I never received a warning, I made 4 posts in the last 7 days. All I said was basically that inadvertently or not the raid content is being balanced around ptw stats and expressed frustration with constantly changing encounters. I really do not see how this is unreasonable, we are 6 months into the expansion. This is after a night of dying over and over to mobs that we killed easily prior to the last patch. As a paying customer I should be able to say I am not a fan of basically being forced to pay extra on the market place to be successful in the raids. IMO I am being censored.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

You are being censored. Companies get to do that on their own avenues of communication. Unfortunately, you've run afoul of a long-standing issue with EQ2's Discord. Some of the people with the power to ban are somewhat thin skinned when it comes to criticism. Happily, you've likely not been permanently banned. Send a PM here on the forums to Dreamweaver and he can let you know when/if you'll be able to rejoin the Discord.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You don't get warnings. If you are negative, you're banned. Even if its constructive negativity, and not directed at an individual, you can still be banned.

Co-incidentally, it often appears to be on a weekend when Dreamweaver is not around. PM and ask him to review you ban and see if it was actually warranted, and I bet it wasn't.

It's quite clear the discord to certain devs is an echo chamber for them to pretend all is well in EQ2.
    Cyrrena, Erudinel, Feldon and 5 others like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

That's cool. It sounds like a fair process for all involved.

I am not sure if discussing disciplinary action(s) is permissible on the forums, however.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

No, it's not a "fair process for all involved." An arbitrary ban handed down without warning because either Kander or Caith doesn't like something that's said, that is later found to be unwarranted is exactly what Dude said: censorship.

Of course, we don't get 1st Amendment rights on EQ2 Discord. It's theirs, they can do what they want with it. What the impact ends up being, is to send the message to players that any criticism (even constructive) those with power take offense to, will lead to a ban.

And as much as you'd like to be, you're not a co-moderator on the forums. If you have a question on what's permissible for discussion, review the rules again. And when in doubt, try to resist the urge to hit the "Post Reply" button.
    Cyrrena, Feldon, Rosyposy and 5 others like this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am asking for clarification whether it is permissible to discuss disciplinary actions on the forum because I could get a suspension or ban myself for propagating further discussion. Anyways, I won't risk it and done with the topic.

Ignored. Goodbye.
  9. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

So you ignored me 6 minutes ago, and then bothered to reply to let me know I'm ignored again.

Much like your arguments, you're not very good at this, are you?
    Cyrrena, Erudinel, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

Not sure about the weekend bit but on a number of occassions my post here on forums was removed without any warning. Far from being inflammatory or trolly even though I say so myself, the criticism was targetted solely at the state of the game.

P.S. been banned from discord for some years now and again it was something being critical of the game and no one in particular.
    Cyrrena, Svenone and Wulfgyr like this.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I think Argosunited also had some posts removed without warning recently. I've been told that my ban was reversed on Discord, but I have no desire to go back there. Most of the folks that I chatted with are on the EQ2Wire discord, and those that aren't, I'll hit up on Test server chat if/when I bother to log in and hit the upkeep button on the guildhall.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

If you're concerned about the strict rules here, you could try on EQ2 Wire. Unless you're a total jerk, I don't think Feldon bans anyone.
    Cyrrena, Feldon, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I have concerns about third party sites because my IP address (city) was shared publicly without my permission. You also open yourself up to phishing attempts (even if a responsible host gets hacked).
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

So what is the point of Discord if you cannot speak of the issues that you feel are needing attention? Sounds worthless to me.
  15. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ok, there is a dishonest response above, and that's not ok.

1. EQ2Wire is not an option.
    2. The reason that's true can be identified to the exact reason you mentioned, Dude.
    3. No I.P. addresses were shared.
    4. There was some speculation that the banned account was re-applying to the site with alternative information immediately after said ban. I believe the city was mentioned because that was the coincidence of note, but no ip or other personal info was discussed. Like I mentioned, there was speculation that now appears to have indeed been true.

Regarding discord, any criticism or expressed concerns relating to design decisions or the state of the game, no matter how they are framed (+/n/-), and even if not directed at a dev(s) will get that account a ban with no warning.

It's an absurd policy, and the fact that the powers that be seem unable to understand that using discord if it's going to be managed that way is doing more harm than good is utterly baffling.
    Cyrrena, Svenone, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I've had numerous posts removed recently, and for some of them, I'm not even sure why.

I don't understand why players are still entertaining Discord tbh. It's not as if it's encourages healthy discussion, it's just a platform to offer praise to people that don't deserve it.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I would like to dispute the narrative but I must write - ethically and professionally - in non-identifying terms to stay within forum guidelines.

It was highly unethical and unprofessional of a third party site host to publicly disclose an individual's IP address (city) without prior permission.

The host had to issue a very public apology and reassurance that privacy will not be violated in the future but it shows both the inherent dangers of third party sites and professionalism of some hosts.
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I appreciate the professionalism and ethics on Discord and the official forums regardless of "run ins." Confidential information is secure.
  19. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

As I said, no ip was mentioned. The city identified by the ip was.

Whatever.

The reason you can't go to eq2wire is because you're banned. It had nothing to do with the event that happened after the ban, which is the picture you're trying to paint.

I'm sure this post will get deleted tomorrow, but I'm not going to let you mislead people and throw Feldon under the bus.

I'm sure you won't be able to not respond to this, but I'm not getting into a never ending 1v1 with you.

People can decide for themselves what's believable.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Albanara and 4 others like this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The sharing of confidential information without prior consent is not justifiable under any circumstance (except, perhaps, to a court-issued warrant or subpoena, or medical emergency). (I work in the legal field).

Was it a mistake, a blunder? Maybe. Did it fail to meet both ethical and professional standards? Sure.

And the host was gracious enough to offer up a very public apology and assurance that privacy will not be violated in the future.

I have not identified any site or individual in my posts but have accurately described both the events and the inherent dangers of joining third party sites (per Dude's comment).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.