EoF Hunter Rewards - Mage

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by DefeatedZ, May 6, 2020.

1. DefeatedZ Member

Hi,

What are mages thinking about getting for their 2nd hunter's item? Currently play an illy with a ton of reuse / cast speed and use the EoF Xbow and KoS shield however i seen others using KoS shoulders.

Any ideas and why?

Defeatedz
  2. Rayzor Member

I think you should get the shoulders for your illy. You get a large chunk of damage from your autos using the crossbow and your AA that gives you auto attack enhancements (dps, multi, haste and even multiplier). With so much of your damage coming from auto attacks, the double fervor on the shoulder will be better than any ability doublecast on the other items. The neck also has it if you're not interested in choker.

For my wizard, I'm beginning to regret getting the crossbow as I don't have the multiplier and I get a multiplier on wand damage. I think there's a decent wand in Kunark that may be worth trashing the hunter crossbow for. But for enchanters you don't get the damage multiplier on wands, so the crossbow for you is a no-brainer I think.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Unless you plan to get a 3rd EoF Hunter item before RoK, I would not get a Crossbow. Mages and Crossbows will not fair so well in RoK.
  4. Rayzor Member

Because of hit rates? is there another consideration? Last time I played in Kunark (Stormhold) crossbows didn't exist.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

The hit rates right now are about 70% even with adorning some weapons skills, will be lower in RoK. The damage of the Xbow is worth it right now even at the current hit rates, but unlikely to be worth it in RoK, especially if can get a decent level 80 wand.
    DefeatedZ likes this.
  6. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Anything that gives the ability double cast is worth it since you can't excess your casting speed for ability doublecast on Kaladim. Personally, Charm/shoulders/ will be the way to go. I have KOS crossbow, so I'll save that for my second peice. As far as I know, you can't equip both KOS and EOF for 4, you can only have two prestige weapons, correct? Or am I wrong.
    DefeatedZ likes this.
  7. Hydraulics Member

You can wear two items with the Hunter's Union tag. Them being prestige does not matter.
  8. DefeatedZ Member

Perfect, ty for the info.

Looks like i will be getting a 3rd piece then if xbow is useless in RoK. Looking at the suggestions it seems the shoulders and shield/charm is the way to go into RoK but xbow and Shoulders for EoF.

Thanks!
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

It is confirmed, you can only wear two items with the "Hunter's Union" tag on it. Since all expansions are carrying that tag from the hunter quests, you are only capable of wearing two items. Since it's double coins week again, hopefully most of you will have two from the current expansion :)
  10. Naneeje Well-Known Member

By the way, on ranged fights, using the crossbow, my average auto attack is 1,056.
    That's higher than some scouts :)
  11. Nuhvohk Active Member

I would advise telling your scouts not to have a shield equipped in offhand, then.
  12. vexen Member

Shoulders with the double fervor is prob your best bet or the neck if you dont wear a choker and replace the shield with the Orb of the Chosen