Guardians on tle?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Duprey, May 7, 2020.

1. Duprey Member

Returning to game to play on tle. I started a guard and I can barely kill quest mobs in darklight and it's very slow and boring. Now that the server is mostly end game i will be solo questing most likely, should I just go sk which is the obvious choice for solo play or stick it out with guard and pull my hair out...I really like the guard though and I know there's prolly a million sks. Dont know if I'll raid much, so is sk holding up good for heroics end game?
  2. KaladimNate Member

Shadow Knights handle heroic content fine. If you aren't planning to raid tank, you don't need to be a Guardian, but if you are planning to raid tank, Hunker Down is currently providing an astronomical amount of additional mitigation and makes Guardians the best choice for main tanking raid named mobs.
  3. Duprey Member

Yea...i just like the idea of guard and they are great tanks, I have a 118 guard on live, think i power leveled him though long ago, and with all AA and ascensions he doesnt feel so slow and crappy. Made the sk and moving right along, feels way better, i see why people play them, hard to look back now lol
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

The server is all end game, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people who actually enjoy PL'ing or just grouping with their guildies. Join a good guild and you won't even notice the slow levels.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Guardians are boring in general if that is the mindset. Many classes are spamming a few spells/CA's over and over and can get tedious. Guardians are the only class that seems boring until it's not boring, when you are needed to perform, then it's a blast.
    Lower level guards are tough, but we are in EOF, so we have some great AA's that are fun to play around with. We only grow from here. Soloing can be slow on many classes, but that's because a lot of people compare it to the fast classes to solo, Assassins, necro's, shadowknights. Personally, the Illusionist is my 4-5k solo'er right now, everyone else is at 3k. Even the guard. In fact, 2nd on the parse in most groups. We are casting fast, two aoe's, and some single target damage in the 3k range. It's a lot of fun right now, the entire expansion, the entire server, and most of all, the people. The people are hilarious in chat.
  6. Ratface Member

I never really got into playing an SK, could always level as a Zerker and betray at max level. Or stay as a Zerker, their Mythical and temp buffs are a lot of fun.
  7. Nuhvohk Active Member

I wouldn't worry about the solo experience being "boring" with guardian, since as the absolute best tank class you will find no shortage of group demand. Raiding might be more difficult, since most raid guilds already have a guardian main and you don't ever need more than one, but you'll still be able to find a spot in any newly formed raiding guilds there may be. If you want to have an easy time soloing, SK is the way to go, but like you said there's already an oversaturation of them on the server; and as stated previously, there's no reason to solo as a tank when 90% of groups are "LF1M need tank then gtg".