Solution is simple - for pvp

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Deadlyfocus, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Deadlyfocus Active Member

First of make one big server for all the game!

Just have ability to any character to flag itself to become a pvp. And they can go back to blue flag again at any time.

So anyone who would like to pvp will just turn it on. And don’t add any gear for pvp.

Sincerely
    Deadly
  2. Frostfang Member

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Arielle Nightshade and Melt like this.
  3. WhiteHulk New Member

agree with you frost lol just wish they would make a pvp server already but not do the thing he said lol that's legit copying wow xD
  4. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Think of it this way, if they going to make a new server, some players will go to it and server will be super small and inactive, eventually you going to have no one to kill, just it happen with Vox and then Nagafen, I been playing this game from the start and spend all the time on pvp servers, It was me who hunted people for hours at time, and couldn’t find anyone, I was one of the last to leave beloved Nagafen, when it was empty and I could find only few players and bots to kill. Problem of a population is very important, to have players, you need a pve content for them, crucial part of the game and only with big server can be fun in open pvp, not when you spend 2 hours looking for one person to kill. If they make a new pvp server - it will die, mark my word.
    When I said about not making a new pvp gear - it will be hard to balance out and they don’t got much of resources and marketing reason to invest into new pvp content and keep it up. I use to have full pvp gear on multiple toons and was the first one to get full sets almost always, that’s just shows that I pvped more then most people, believe me I would love to see a pvp server but population isn’t there, and beside pvp, I like pve content as well. Besides you don’t want me back in open world ))
  5. Seth Well-Known Member

Uh if a small amount of people only go to the pvp server, whats the point in a pvp server... It's not what the 99% want, it's for the 1 %.

And the pvp server that does come out soon will follow suit of the rest.

EQ2 is not for PvP. It's as simple as that. PvP was never a core aspect of the game and it never will be, that is why it wont succeed.

Compare Aion PvP to EQ2 " PvP" and you will see why this game wont thrive on such a subject.

1. No PvP armor

2. Set effects will decimate because they are not aimed towards players HP pool but mobs.

3. Lifeburn

4. No Clear Progression PVP Wise - armor tiers

5. PvP in this game has no end goal, there is no instances / dungeons that involve it.

6. We dont have a way to " measure " how one would progress in a pvp gear " Tier" List. be it a new form of status, maybe

confirmed kills, something else idk, both... .

7. You would have to find a way to counter those that essentially have two accounts and farm themselves, if farming themselves apply a bonus feature, pvp faction - coin whatever.

8. Spells would need a complete revamp to cater to a PvP aspect because some classes completely decimate others with no skill. ( and yes the tick box when you examine a spell for pvp results is not favourable in the slightest )

9. End content, With all the inflation of stats, how do you itemize it correctly for both pvp and pve, a single item would essentially need two faces to it, one pve one pvp, and then how would the item " know " if you where in pvp combat, or where about to be engaged.

10. So in reality, i dont see any long standing pvp server unless its to milk you guys who think there may be hope.

11. And also why else do you think pvp servers start out like a TLE server, because they have not even figured out a way to implement such restrictions / modifications on armor / weapons / stats / spells.

Like you can say what you want, i want it so it's flagged, or open world, or maybe a single zone thats PVP enabled, i mean they are all generic ideas and i mean your not the first person in the world to think of such an idea. but you must consider all these factors and more before even suggesting we have such a thing implemented.
  6. Frostfang Member

Spells and itemization aside, all the points you mentioned aren't issues that EQ2 has, its not a korean mmo after all. PVP in this game isn't supposed to be its own core mechanic, its just an addition to the game to give PVE a higher competitive edge.

I should mention though, farming alts is a thing and its quite sad.While some have expressed a desire for the fame system to be removed I do not think this is an issue. I think pvp exp should be removed entirely so alt farming/guildmate farming cannot be done in any way. Not to mention, there really is nothing worse than mini-ding in the middle of a pvp fight...
  7. Seth Well-Known Member

sadly though, Asian based PvP systems are the ones that mainly work. I dont know of any game PvP wise that was not used by those systems.
    And for PvP to be a thing in this game, a good core foundation of it is required, no one said about it being king, but a bad foundation will fall.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

I like XP for PvPing. They have already implemented kill lists with a 30 min. reset timer to prevent fame farming; maybe they could add an XP falloff if players are griefing the same target over and over as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Seth Well-Known Member

An XP drop-off would sort of work and would be the best way to tackle farming yourself but at the same time the XP you get from a player kill should not be insanely high for you to find farming worth it. It should be like a small bonus amount maybe X % per specific level so static. But they need to figure out more core problems before XP is tackled for a PVP server to really be implemented in a correct and viable fashion
  10. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Player kills should not award any xp. That takes away from organic pvp. I want to encounter other players and pvp while I'm enjoying the pve content.
    Xiao likes this.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Some people will just kill you over and over to be mean. They don't care if there's no benefit. What would stop it would be if there was an actual detriment to doing so.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

You do realize you responded to a comment from over a year ago?
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Yikes. No, didn't notice. /embarrassed.