[Feedback] Please Return Spotted Baby Bovoch Shrink #2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chienne-Errante, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

To help with the acceptance stage:

Mystic Moppet Billy is a viable alternative.
    Snikkety likes this.
  2. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying. I'm asking that you not post off topic comments. This isn't what this thread is about. Thanks!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It is not off topic as it relates to another shrink effect available in game. It may not agree with your opinion but it is a valid opinion. Thank you very much.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Corydonn Well-Known Member

I actually used a large character as a tank for this reason. It's waaaay easier to grab adds and new targets when you tower over everything lol.
    Cyrrena and Benito like this.
  5. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I understand everyone has opinions that are valid. This thread is meant as a feedback thread on the Spotted Baby Bovoch shrink removal. For players to express their dismay that the effect removed and to request its return (or an item with the same effect).

I would really like to keep the thread on track for that purpose. Not what alternatives there are already in game (we know they are there, that's not what this is about) or how an item effects a raid (some love it, some hate it).

If you don't care about this item or enjoy other alternatives, be they large or small, that's fine. Just let others who are passionate about THIS item express it here.

Dreamweaver has been very kind in allowing a second thread after the first was locked, let's not push his buttons on this one. :)
    Alenna, Cyrrena, Gillymann and 3 others like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

My apologies. Some players are still bringing up my points about use in raids. I am trying to steer the thread in a more constructive direction: availability of Mystic Moppet Billy. You may not agree on the point about Mystic Moppet Billy but it will not hurt the thread. It is a positive thing to accept change and use viable alternatives. :)
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

No actually you are. And I've never been in a raid where players have searched out toons by what they look like. What on earth would happen if someone changed their appearance? Would that cause the whole raid to fail? Imagine if someone changed their hair style? Omg much disaster.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Size actually has an effect on raids. If I was raid leader and there's a guy with the harvester cloak and kael illusion, I'm asking him to turn it off so I can see adds easier. Which is what happened when I led raids. And, honestly, if someone was dressed like an add and was the same size, I'm asking them to change outfits too. As the old saying goes, size matters.
    Benito likes this.
  9. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I do not have the item and so I actually have nothing to lose one way or the other. But I understand as I too have things in game that I am very passionate about. From what I have read most people are upset at the loss of the shrink due to cosmetics. This I understand very well as I like my toons to look a certain way, worked hard to have them look that way and would be upset if something changed that (for example the mount fiasco at the launch of BoL, yes Skygge I'm looking at you). Anyway the majority of the comments refer to running around overland zones and cities with 90% shrink. Why can't this function be restored but disabled in instances (aka heroics zones and raids)? Wouldn't this be a reasonable compromise?
    Alenna, Cyrrena, Frada and 3 others like this.
  10. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I would be perfectly happy with that idea. Just like in PQ's your illusions don't work. I have no issue with illusions / size effects, etc being disabled in instances, raids, PQ's, etc. I'm hopeful that a solution could be found, because I have lost a lot of the joy that comes from my illusion and tiny toon. Because, I always loved to joke that I was "shiny" sized.
    Alenna, Cyrrena, Benito and 1 other person like this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This entire thread appears to be riddled with casuals who are disagreeing with the raiding community, I would like to see anyone pick up adds in DOV before the co-op strike nerf with a raid full of toons the maximum size possible. I'll wait.

Either way, at this point this was either nerfed to support the cash shop; or they don't want shrink items in game anymore. Which will heavily upset me/majority of my raid. Considering 80% of my raid has a moppet/badge of thyr at this point because being small > large.

The fact that this in game easy to obtain shrink was removed but others weren't just suggests they want you to pay for a moppet, and a badge of thyr. I doubt most players realize the moppet is on the loyalty token merchant at this point. I've purchased probably 15-20 Moppets from the marketplace over the course of TLE because our veteran rewards aren't available (lul).
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not sure equating being able to shrink and not using illusions that make you ginormous in raid makes sense in this context.
    EVERYBODY knows that ginormous toons are a pita to deal with (as other players) because they (by accident or design) block things. That doesn't really have a relevance to the removal of the cosmetic shrink from a 3yr old item.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

I'll just add that along with the Billy Doll shrink Female toons can use the Kerig'Dal and it stacks which gives you about 80% in allowed zones. Fay and Arasai can also use their Xegony illusion to become even smaller but every other time they zone they will become a Billy Doll and have to recast their illusions.
    Benito likes this.
  14. PurpleChicken Active Member

15. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Casual in DoV , Gasp!? I WW1sted quite a few things in that one and my point was actually agreeing with yours. My tank character being bigger than most of the raid was a benefit to me picking up priority targets and of course it wouldn't have worked in raid if everybody was doing it.

If the only way to get Moppets on TLE is from the cash shop that is a bit suspicious.. I did notice the consumable shrink potions that were in Legends of Norrath got moved to the Hold of Prexus merchant. You could in theory have in game weddings between your raiders to get access to the merchant and stock up on the old Potion of Deflation (( Now Potion of Shrinking I believe )).
  16. Avithax Well-Known Member

Im assuming you're breaking down MC bows for Uncommon Lunar Materials but it is a WHOLE lot cheaper to have a Tailor make level 111 cloth pants out of Jumping Creepers. The commons are cheaper also.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. PurpleChicken Active Member

18. dorotea1 New Member

((it is a WHOLE lot cheaper to have a Tailor make level 111 cloth pants out of Jumping Creepers.))

Very true - even if you make two sets of pants, since a horse has 4 legs. But a horse walks and runs very poorly wearing pants - best to stick with barding.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I will echo Chienne-Guks earlier posts. Please keep the thread on topic before it gets locked! It is about feedback for this specific item. This is not a thread about lag, zoning problems, crafting, or business models.

We need to look to the future and not the past. We need to find solutions instead of dwell on problems. I think it's great to see solutions like what Avithax offered about Kerig'Dal and Xegony illusion. It is time to move forward and help each other with constructive solutions.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

40% as opposed to the 90% for the spotted bovid yeah great shrink my little mouse girls are wondering why they all of a sudden had a growth spurt that makes them larger then a normal mouse.