Kander's Candor Questions thread! [Always Open]

Discussion in 'Podcasts and Other Media' started by dreamweaver, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Allocated resources to each division of Darkpaw/Daybreak and EQ2. I play on Kaladim, and it's pretty fun, but now we get into where set bonus's on gear is really helpful. They seem to have done away with set bonuses.
    Do you feel the attention Kaladim is getting is sufficient to take them through SF this time by adding some of the fun features that make us want to play group zones like set bonus's, rare mobs, really special gear?
    I have invested a lot of time and I'm really enjoying it, so thank you.
    Carynn, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Adene Member

Yes please. Itemization done with a detailed look at the sources for those items (especially with fixing the borked stats on crafted gear) *and* a repeatable, grindable, reward-for-effort set of sources would be extremely welcome. I want to fling it out there that no, the Overseer does NOT qualify. The Overseer is fine as "hey, free bonus prize" if RNG blesses you. It is absolutely not a reward for effort. It's not something one can *do* to improve one's character. You don't "do" anything with it. We all want content to actually play, and we'd like that content to reward our efforts. As much as everyone loves new content, recycling old content would be fantastic, too. I'd love to see grindable tiers of challenge modes that reward better gear for harder challenges. I can also see that possibly being time consuming to create, depending on what you do with it. Some are probably less time-intensive than others. Heck, I'd even go for slapping a pretty tight timer on chrono'd dungeons with (I hate myself for saying this...) increasing odds of a raid drop being in a reward box for beating it with more time remaining on your timer. Just really needs to be a) something people actually do *with* their character, b) infinitely repeatable, and c) have some sort of progression reward-and-challenge-wise so people actually feel like they're accomplishing something with their efforts and time.
    Jaeded likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its EverOverseer now.
    Argosunited, CSP84, Quillyne and 5 others like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hey!!! Knowing the attitude of one about tater tots is quite important!!!! If Kander had a negative opinion of tater tots, he would have to go!!!

There is no more room aboard this ship for tater tot haters!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Lazerfraz New Member

I expect the answer to be no, but, will there ever be a chance that Obulus Frontier and Thalumbra might be level-adjusted to still be relevant in today's live servers? I was thinking that there should be a place for them between GD/Velious stuff and Altar of Malice, or, move Velious stuff down and adjust AoM after it and before OF and Thalumbra. Lots of options. Sad to see great content basically just forgotten now. No one really has much of an incentive to do this great content, now that Plane of Magic exists. Keep up the good work on the pod.
    Cyrrena and Carynn like this.
  6. Aradar New Member

Is there any cooperation with the EQ1 team, when it comes to sharing good features? Here are two major things I would like to see implemented in EQ2 that is available in EQ1:

1: Option to filter spell effects to "My spells only", "Group spells" "My spells and NPC" etc. It's a much better option than the current EQ2 one.
    2: Can we have EQ1 loot system please? It's such a great feature in that game, to have the game remember if you want to greed, need or never loot the item again.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

When will the missing spells be added to game? It's been over four months now, how many more months should we expect to wait?
    Cyrrena and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

Thank you first of all Dreamweaver and Kandor for these podcasts.
    All of my questions are TLE specific as I strictly play on that server now.

1.) Leaping and flying, the only reason these things were not introduced until later expansions was because the game lacked the coding for it/zones had "world holes" in the tops of mountains etc., not because of any lore friendly reason. Could we at some point see a TLE where flying and leaping were part of the game from the get go and didn't have to wait till the vanilla expansion that the proper coding was put into place? Lore-wise it doesn't make any sense that all the creatures of Norrath have their wings clipped. If as a RP character of Norrath I saw those griffons flying around I would 100% be finding an egg and raising my own griffon to fly around Norrath, let alone the plethora of races/creatures that should be able to leap/fly.

2.) Botting, this is a touchy subject for most, I am one of the players that says it's against the EULA and therefore anyone that does it for personal gain is cheating and that's not cool. It drives down the groupage because why make a pug and group for a chance at winning some loot when you can just make a bot group and keep all the loot for yourself, it gives an unfair advantage to those that do it. What can be done to crack down on this behavior? The general belief on general chat is that the devs don't care and nothing is done if you do bot so might as well. Personally, I would love to see a "god" avatar that cannot be killed spawn on bot groups and pound them to oblivion..... repeatedly lol

3.) Kronos, Here is a really unpopular opinion, but I would like to see a TLE that is paid sub only no kronos allowed. The reasons for this are simple. 1.) It would detour botting 2.) Farming plat to get kronos to take to other servers and games where the krono's have more value and 3.) Likewise prevent kronos from other games/servers from affecting the economy of that particular TLE server.

4.) Will we ever have the opportunity again to purchase lifetime accounts?

5.) some of the conveniences of guild halls such as the rally banner, gardener, druid port, wiz port, etc. how hard would it be to add these NPC's to the major cities and when you hail them they check that players guild level and offer their services based upon high enough guild level? Then we could have some of the conveniences of the guild halls while at the same time promoting bustling cities because that's where these NPC's would be located. Is something like that something the team would consider implementing?

6.) This is less of a question as much as it is a discussion topic, taking away the vet rewards on the TLE, while I can agree things like familiars, mercs, guild halls, and other PTW things etc are in general great things to remove from the TLE, However, we got XP pots removed from our vet rewards on the TLE because they were deemed OP for the TLE but then those XP pots are sold on /marketplace. If it's a cash grab and that's the reason, that's OK just be forthcoming with that and own it, don't tell us it's OP then sell it back to us on /marketplace, that's bad form. Same example could be used for Call of the Veteran is OP but /marketplace summoning charm is ok. The one specifically that really grinds my gears personally is the mystic moppet billy. There is nothing OP about that yet it was taken only to be sold back to us. In my eyes that's bad form. So perhaps some clarity on this topic and maybe even some compromise between us the players and the bean counters that thought this was a good idea. #freethemoppet :)
    Cyrrena, Carynn and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

What does the future hold for Ascensions? Will there be upgrades or new ones in the next expansion?

Annnnd wheres those patch notes!!?? :)

-Alderin
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

This, this, and more this. I would love to either see ToT/KA's XP be adjusted to match PoP to give us more options to level at 100-110, or for ToT/KA to remove the level restriction so that level 95 players can have alternate paths to reach level 100. Right now, level 95-100 is AoM to 97/98 and then grind to 100 only, and PoP from 100-110 only. It seems like a waste of time and talent to let ToT/KA expacs sit idle.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Koshie6581 New Member

Can You put in new player land that is for those of us that love to build to obtain. Such as land where we can grow the stuff from the all the lands. Where we go to one of your merchants to buy the seeds to grow gardens. or having to milk the cows and gather the eggs from the chickens if you ever put them in, or where we can slaughter our pigs to get the meat. land where we have merchants we have to pay to sell our items or work our lands. this way the plat gets put back into your hands. Oh and please make it so beastlords can tame any animal in all the lands, Because that is what a BEASTLORD is right. make a quest to where they have to master tame animals.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Avianna like this.
  12. Koshie6581 New Member

Are you going to fix the Wraklands Diaku Corral [Solo] quest so if you take a friend with you, they also get the updates on the parts gathered? suck as Gattley Contraption. It is not far to the person you are doing the quest with to have to wait 18 hours to get the quest done.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Laita Well-Known Member

Is there a plan to add a “Celestial Doctrine” type quest to BOL?!

it would be very nice, especially for returning players who missed out on CD and getting their ascensions spells up to celestial... or could you all at least change the pq requirement to the 2 BOL PQ’S? I’ve yet to see even a group zone into the cd pq’s in the couple of weeks I’ve been trying to close out this quest. :(
    Mercychalice and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Aradar New Member

Would it be possible to add ray tracing support for EQ2?
  15. FracasKrusher Active Member

Damage numbers are pretty outlandish. Is EQ2 ever going to squash/revamp combat system?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Erole Member

Any chance you'll allow mounts to be used in all player housing?
    Svenone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Bendigeidfran Member

I'll try my luck with another.....

Can we have a way of 'unlocking' runes for use on alts? E.g. I've swapped some red runes out as I've completed different sets, and now have a few 'no trade' runes sat in my bag/bank wasting away...I may also have looted a rune that I was sure I didn't have, only to find it was on an item of gear that I didn't check properly until I couldn't re-equip the item with the newly looted rune applied....0.o

….and another....

Many items of gear are unlocked on an account wide basis, such that players who've unlocked gear on one server are able to purchase that unlocked gear on another server. Can last summer's ethereal red be similarly unlocked? This would be particularly appreciated on Rivervale.

Ben-di-ged-vran
    Mercychalice and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Backstabbber Member

I would love to know the process of creating the game. From how the story comes about to the artist creating everything. Maybe everyone me included if we understood what it takes to create and fix problems we would all get it:) I love to know how things work.
    Cyrrena and Carynn like this.
  19. Austerity Member

I would like to know if the ethereal tokens from last summer will be made heirloom. Thanks.
    Jaeded and Mercychalice like this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i'd love for this to happen. i have a few here, a few there, nothing to amount enough to anything unless they could be condensed together.