I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Dreamweaver! We all appreciate your dedication and continued commitment to helping us players when we mention issues to you. I thought you were on the Dev team as well, which REALLY makes you more fantastic as you not only listen but you take action and inform the proper departments of our needs and wants. Thank you very much!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

Great idea Kittik! Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

Yikes! :eek: I have been focusing on other stuff lately and since my GH escrow is well funded at this time I haven't been crafting for quite a while. I'm with you 100% Uwkete, we need TS help stat! Cyrenna I love you for letting us know, but at the same time I want to scream at you. :p Good thing for me love always wins. :D
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Don't let him fool you, he's as much a Dev as the rest of us!
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

Good to know. ;) I love you too ttobey, even though you are a tattletale! :p :D
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, you should see his posts on the Test server forum... ;->

Uwk
    also a bit of a tattletale :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Paragonvii Active Member

Welcome!

I love mint chocolate chip also :)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite as well!! And Dreamweaver likes tater tots!!! He is well rounded!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

hot dogs, tater tots, and chocolate mint iceream for desert ? Oh my. Oh my.

Yes !
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When I was working in a sort of kind of "strip mall" (more arranged around a center court), we were on the same latitude as an old Thifty's Drug Store. For those of you not from southern California and wherever else they were (not sure on that), it was a fairly standard drug store, larger than most CVS places, and almost always had: AN ICE CREAM CONE COUNTER. Oh my indeed. :D

Some of my best childhood memories were of such places, and when coming off a shift at work, if it was winter (yes, we do have seasons in So. Cal.; winter = coldest, and the only time we get rain if we're lucky and the gods are kind :-/), it would have to be a double: one scoop of Rocky Road (on the bottom, since they had REAL Rocky Road, with big almonds and lots of mini-marshmallows), one scoop of either chocolate chip or mint chip, depending on mood. ;-> In the summer, it would also be a double: one Piña Colada, one rainbow sherbet (on top, since it tended to melt faster and needed to be eaten before it made the cone bottom soggy). :D

I mourned the day they went bankrupt/got bought out; no more ice cream counters in such places. Sigh. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

We had a Rexall drug store, with an actual soda fountain. Little hexagonal tiles in front of the doorway. With actual soda jerks working there. With metal stools with padded seats to sit on.

Once a month I would go in there and buy a banana split. Cost me $1.25, but it was worth it. Other weeks I got a Coke Cola float. I think that was about 30 cents.

Store is long gone.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waahhh... :(

And I'm not sure what they're replacing it with, frankly. Our office aisle is minuscule now, the books/magazines aisle is almost gone, where is the space going to? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thrifty Ice Cream was the absolute best there was. You can buy it at some Water and Ice Stores. I have seen the signs in the windows. Look Thrifty Ice Cream up online Uwk, there may be someone near you that sells it.

I remember the Rexall Drug Stores as well. Woolworth's also had soda fountains. Sears and J.C. Penney's used to have candy counters. Does anybody remember when See's used to actually make candy in their shops, not just have pre-packaged boxes in a shop? The only decent candy store I have seen in the last 25 years was in Silverton, CO.

Long gone are the good days.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Was in a city out west years ago, they had a Polar Bear Washburn's Frozen Yogurt Parlour.

I cannot eat yogurt, but the folks I was with said it was great. I bought and ate some at the stores tables.

Too bad I didn't have a freezer, or the money, to buy a couple of gallons of it.

They had two large items I never bought.

Mt. Everest; enough frozen yogurt and toppings for 6 people.

Mt. McKinley; enough frozen yogurt and toppings for 3 people.

If you could eat either one by yourself, it was free.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome about the Thrifty news! :D I remembered the time, eons ago, when they had GRAPE SHERBET...ooo, that was incredible, but they rarely had it in... :(

And yeah, I vaguely remember that about See's (there is a plant in our area!); I've been a fan since being knee-high to a chocolate honeycomb crisp (Russell Stovers SUCKS!). ;->

We used to have the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Burbank; then it moved to the Glendale Galleria; nowadays, I think the closest one is like out in Outlet Store Land. :( I hope they survive; they're incredible, and had the big ol' honkin' copper kettles right there in the store (at least the one in Burbank), complete with in-store candy makers. :D Chocolate-covered strawberries as big as your fist, and just about everything-covered apples you could stun a mugger with. Getting them sliced up was a necessity. ;-> Their handmade chocolate-covered marshmallows were awesome, way too rich, and needed to be eaten THAT DAY; they wouldn't survive, and could definitely NOT be refrigerated without the chocolate dying. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Ten cents a scoop! The one where I grew up in Utah had these metal ice cream scoops that grabbed perfect cylinders of the same size. My favorite place for ice cream, too.

There's a gym on the site now...

Also: See's Scotch Mallow, dark chocolate. :D
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I gained weight just reading that ! Auuugh !
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

My mouth started watering when I read Chocolate covered strawberries the size of your fist LOL
    Where I grew up we had a Rexall and a Woolworths. The Woolworths was kinda far away but we used to go out on a Sunday Drive and we'd usually end up there.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES! I loved those scoops! They were so efficient and awesome! Looked for them for sale once I grew up and could afford them without asking for an allowance increase, only to find to my great dismay that it was a proprietary design... :(

Uwk
    who also digs Scotch Mallow, but in milk chocolate :D
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.