Kander's Candor Episode 5: The Rainy Day Episode

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 22, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Kander's Candor Episode 5 is live!

You can find it on Anchor, Spotify, iTunes, & Stitcher (It's also on our website HERE if you don't want to use those services.)

Want to ask a question?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-candor-questions-thread-always-open.594046/

Rain, Hogwarts houses, Heritage Quests, and more on this week's episode of Kander's Candor!

Notes!

Questions from players!

Heritage Quests missing from the last few years!

From forum user Bendigeidfran -

1. Can we have a heroic gem merchant added to BoL - the gems are really stacking up beyond what'll be needed even to upgrade to challenge-level gear!

2, Can some consideration be given to giving heroic-only players a pathway to the raid gear? Allow a conversion of heroic tokens to raid tokens, even at a high conversion rate of (say) 100 to one.

I appreciate the age-old argument that "if you don't raid, the raid gear is too OP" and whathaveyou, but with the advent of challenge/expert levels, that raid gear would be nice (even just the red adorns available on the Sanctus Seru merchant)! A conversion of heroic-raid tokens would also provide an going reward for repeatedly running heroics while waiting for the next GU/expansion.

3. How about some upgraded heroic gear (and/or red or blue adorns) on the Sanctus Seru merchant?

From Forum User - Codan Elessar

I returned to the game last year after a few years away, still have alot of catching up to do...

1.)

Enjoyed the crafting in the CD xpac, to me the mastercrafted experimented items were comparable to the better solo loot drops especially when infused and/or leveled. The BoL xpac...not so much. To make a mastercrafted item seems so intensive and costly that it isn't worth the effort. The mastercrafted items also seem so much less desirable than the lowest "trash" loot items that it kinda seals the deal. Please, can the EQ2 team rectify this and bring the joy back to crafting in the next xpac???

2.)

When I returned to game was looking forward to my 15 year Veteran Reward when it came time...only to find that they no longer exist. Any chance of that coming back at least on a quinquennial basis with something unique that the loyal players can enjoy and show off???

3.)

Dungeon Finder...to the best of my knowledge never worked well. Can the team rework this feature and not just have past dungeons but include the current content from the latest xpac dungeons and heroic zones???

4.)

Please can you do something with the Familiar quest so it is not impossible to level our familiars???
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yay ive been checking anchor daily so i started listening before you posted
    so bludd 1 - niceweaver 0
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Lol point to you.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Against the rules to start before Dreamweaver OK's it. -10
    Bludd - -9
    Snikkety, Siren, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

i take niceweaver back meanweaver 4 lyfe
    also since when are ttobey and on the same side? THIS IS NOT GOING TO END WELL AAAAAAAAaaaaaa
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

The official site link goes to Episode 4

Ah, the title says 4. Fix the title
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Oh strange...
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Fixed! Thank you.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

see? SEE?! i went directly to anchor and totally vanquished meanweaver. victory ...

is mine.
  10. Baphmistra Active Member

Pretty please with buckets of sugar on top! I like the Familiars, but after all the time that they've been available I end up with the same ones. I've went to other continents, Antonica, Commonlands, Stone burnt highlands, and many others, but it's always the same five. A pig, that odd thing that likes to lick it's own eye, 3 beetles (Sadly they couldn't make them sound like the originals), mist panther, royal titan, and an eel. Yes I have the Merry Frostfell Kitten, and the black widow from NOTD, but only have those because I had enough coin to buy them. It would be nice if we could use loyalty tokens to buy the familiars we don't have, like Burnie. :cool:
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

but in all seriousness and joking aside, thanks for doing these podcasts
    you know the community is starving for communications from you guys and this is helping sating that hunger quite a bit
  12. SolarFaire Active Member

As another Altaholic, this makes me happy. 44 currently, and sadly, all on one account. Yes, I have a altaholism problem.
  13. Shonshazzitt Active Member

--- Something more than 100 points for something that takes 10's of thousands of points to level it up.
    Rosyposy and SolarFaire like this.
  14. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

15. Siren Well-Known Member

Now if only there was some PvP-TL news!!
    Nanno likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not yet.
    Siren and SolarFaire like this.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Heritage quests as part of mid-xpac content. Too bad the one for Diaku Corral had to be scrapped! I'd even go back and run them for prior content.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

The question about the familiars was a good one and i don't think Kander fully addressed it. Yes its fine for not let people max them out quickly but when you put reducers in a paid crate, people will skip that grind very quickly. Some folks within a few weeks maxed out their premium familiars by dropping a few hundred dollars on crates and being lucky on familiars/familiar xp potions.

Was that part of the plan too?
  19. morderir Active Member

i dont want to beat a dead horse but
    rant mode on /
    kander answer to the current state of crafting is not , in my point view acceptable. ...
    nearly 5 month in the extension and nothing have changed.
    beside some consumable and spell they is not anything to craft
    recipe book , full lottery or 250 uncommon overser drop .
    etc etc ...
    plan ? if the situation cant be corrected now , i dont believe it will be in the future
    ( as will be my future investment in the game..)
    mode rant off...
    Ratala and Rosyposy like this.
  20. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Logging in when a new expansions launches, finding the crate/vendor that's handing out the starter gear for the expansion is better than buying crafted gear how exactly? They been doing that for the last couple of expansions?

Their excuses for a subpar game release makes no sense.